|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(a) Hebrew lessons.
(d) Sewing items.
2. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) The person is too rude.
(b) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
(c) The person is too slovenly.
(d) The person is too young.
3. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
(c) Barn raising.
4. What does Catherine see that Ann is doing when Catherine cries?
(a) She is stirring the kettle.
(b) She is ready to spank her.
(c) She has left the room.
(d) She cries too.
5. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
6. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
(d) The laundry.
7. What comparison does Catherine make of herself and the new teacher?
(a) They have the same color eyes.
(b) They have the same middle name.
(c) They are almost the same age.
(d) They are nearly the same height.
8. What ailment does Cassie develop?
(b) A fever.
(c) Poison ivy.
(d) A cold.
9. Where will Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy live after their marriage?
10. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
(a) She leaves to work in the mills.
(b) She moves to Providence.
(c) She goes away to school.
(d) She visits her grandmother.
11. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(a) Mother Brody.
(b) Mama Holt.
(d) Mama Pierce.
12. Who is Cassie's older brother?
13. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A dress.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A hope chest.
(d) A quilt.
14. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
15. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
(a) A cap.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophy pin on her dress?
2. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
3. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
4. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
5. What brings joy to Matty?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)