|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) The person is too slovenly.
(b) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
(c) The person is too young.
(d) The person is too rude.
2. What gift does Ann give to Catherine?
(b) Collars and cuffs.
(d) Hope chest.
3. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A dress.
4. What do the girls and women pick in the summer?
5. What happens to Cassie after she gets a fever?
(a) She gets the flu.
(b) She has to stay home from school.
(c) She dies.
(d) She gets better after a week.
6. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(b) Aunt Lucy's.
7. Who is Cassie's older brother?
8. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
9. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A blue bonnet.
(b) A pink dress.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A gray cape.
10. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
(b) Ann keeps burning every meal.
(c) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(d) Ann spends too much money.
11. What brings joy to Matty?
(a) Picking flowers.
(b) Going swimming.
(c) Playing with her dolls.
(d) Making candy.
12. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) The muddy water.
(c) She forgot a towel.
(d) Being cold.
13. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(b) Sewing items.
(d) Hebrew lessons.
14. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
(a) Miss Mumson.
(b) Miss Hallowell.
(c) Mrs. Lowell.
(d) Aunt Lucy.
15. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
(b) a flashback.
(c) a metaphor.
(d) an analogy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
2. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
3. What ailment does Cassie develop?
4. What new person does Ann employ?
5. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)