|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Daniel made friends?
2. What do the girls and women pick in the summer?
3. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
(c) The laundry.
4. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
(a) The new teacher arrives late.
(b) The rains cause flooding in the town.
(c) The weather is too hot to go to school.
(d) A swarm of locusts invades the town.
5. Cassie invites Catherine to her home to see ___________________.
(a) her new dresses.
(b) a new mural.
(c) her new baby brother.
(d) her new bedroom furniture.
6. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
7. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Holt and Miss Lowell.
(b) Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mr. Holt and Martha Ballard.
(d) Mr. Hallowell and Aunt Lucy.
8. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(c) Sewing materials.
9. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
(a) Her blueberry pies.
(b) Her silky hair.
(c) The way she could dance.
(d) Quilts she brought to the marriage.
10. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) Being cold.
(b) She forgot a towel.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) The muddy water.
11. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A dress.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A hope chest.
12. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A package.
(d) A trunk.
13. Who is the package from?
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mr. Holt.
(d) Curtis/The phantom.
14. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
(a) Barn raising.
15. What comparison does Catherine make of herself and the new teacher?
(a) They have the same middle name.
(b) They are nearly the same height.
(c) They are almost the same age.
(d) They have the same color eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
2. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
3. Who leaves flowers on a note for Catherine?
4. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
5. To whom is the new Mrs. Hall compared?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)