|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
(a) Tells a joke.
(b) Talks with his mouth full.
(c) Tracks mud on the floor.
(d) Wipes his nose on his shirt sleeve.
2. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) She forgot a towel.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) The muddy water.
(d) Being cold.
3. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
(a) Two apples.
(b) Two books.
(c) Two pieces of chocolate and a ribbon.
(d) Two pieces of lace and a note.
4. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
(a) Quilts she brought to the marriage.
(b) The way she could dance.
(c) Her blueberry pies.
(d) Her silky hair.
5. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(b) Hebrew lessons.
(d) Sewing items.
6. What does Ann require that Catherine and Matty do?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Spring planting.
(c) Making jams and preserves.
(d) Spring cleaning.
7. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
8. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(a) Mama Pierce.
(c) Mother Brody.
(d) Mama Holt.
9. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(b) A Bible.
(c) Handmade lace.
(d) A letter answering Ann's questions.
10. What do the girls wear on their dresses?
11. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
(a) Ann Hallowell.
(b) Isabella Evans.
(c) Lucy Currin.
(d) Ann Higham.
12. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
(a) He is selling the farm.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is moving the family to Boston.
(d) He is taking a new job.
13. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
(a) A swarm of locusts invades the town.
(b) The new teacher arrives late.
(c) The rains cause flooding in the town.
(d) The weather is too hot to go to school.
14. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
(a) A sweater.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A cap.
15. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
(b) She would rather play outside.
(c) She thinks she is too slow.
(d) She is making too big a mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
2. What do the girls and women pick in the summer?
3. What gift does Ann give to Catherine?
4. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
5. What has Mr. Hall had made for his trip to Boston?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)