|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann ban from the Hall household?
(b) Dirty shoes.
(c) The Liberator.
2. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
(a) Isabella Evans.
(b) Ann Hallowell.
(c) Lucy Currin.
(d) Ann Higham.
3. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
(c) The widow.
(d) Mrs. Hall.
4. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
(a) Aunt Lucy.
(b) Miss Mumson.
(c) Miss Hallowell.
(d) Mrs. Lowell.
5. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
(a) She visits her grandmother.
(b) She leaves to work in the mills.
(c) She goes away to school.
(d) She moves to Providence.
6. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) The person is too young.
(b) The person is too rude.
(c) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
(d) The person is too slovenly.
7. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a rockslide.
(b) in a house fire.
(c) in a flood.
(d) in a tornado.
8. What does Sophy pin on her dress?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A nosegay.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A braided lock of Asa's hair.
9. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(a) Mama Pierce.
(b) Mother Brody.
(c) Mama Holt.
10. What is the name of Ann's son?
11. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
12. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A letter.
(d) A package.
13. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
(b) A blanket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A cap.
14. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Ann spends too much money.
(b) Ann keeps burning every meal.
(c) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(d) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
15. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A gray cape.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A blue bonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible event has occurred in the Southern states?
2. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
3. With whom has Daniel made friends?
4. Who visits the Hall family at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What do the girls and women pick in the summer?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)