|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(c) Aunt Lucy's.
2. In what month is Mr. Hall to be married?
3. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
(a) Two books.
(b) Two pieces of chocolate and a ribbon.
(c) Two apples.
(d) Two pieces of lace and a note.
4. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She would rather play outside.
(b) She is making too big a mess.
(c) She thinks she is too slow.
(d) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
5. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
(a) an analogy.
(b) a metaphor.
(d) a flashback.
6. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
7. Who leaves flowers on a note for Catherine?
8. Who is the package from?
(a) Curtis/The phantom.
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(d) Mr. Holt.
9. What task does Catherine object to doing?
(a) Making syrup.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Sewing aprons.
(d) Making a quilt.
10. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(c) Hebrew lessons.
(d) Sewing items.
11. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy.
(b) Mr. Holt and Miss Lowell.
(c) Mr. Holt and Martha Ballard.
(d) Mr. Hallowell and Aunt Lucy.
12. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
13. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
(b) Mother Ann.
(d) Mrs. Hall.
14. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
(a) She goes away to school.
(b) She visits her grandmother.
(c) She moves to Providence.
(d) She leaves to work in the mills.
15. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
(a) Aunt Lucy.
(b) Mrs. Lowell.
(c) Miss Mumson.
(d) Miss Hallowell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
2. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
3. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
4. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What comparison does Catherine make of herself and the new teacher?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)