|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the new Mrs. Hall compared?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mrs. Hanson.
(d) The first Mrs. Hall.
2. With whom has Daniel made friends?
3. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
(a) a metaphor.
(c) an analogy.
(d) a flashback.
4. Where does Mr. Hall go to trade wares and make purchases?
(c) New York.
5. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
6. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
7. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
(a) The rains cause flooding in the town.
(b) A swarm of locusts invades the town.
(c) The weather is too hot to go to school.
(d) The new teacher arrives late.
8. Cassie invites Catherine to her home to see ___________________.
(a) her new dresses.
(b) a new mural.
(c) her new baby brother.
(d) her new bedroom furniture.
9. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A gray cape.
(b) A pink dress.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A blue bonnet.
10. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(b) Ann spends too much money.
(c) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
(d) Ann keeps burning every meal.
11. What do the girls wear on their dresses?
12. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
13. What color dresses do Catherine and the other girls wear to Cassie's funeral?
14. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(a) Handmade lace.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A letter answering Ann's questions.
15. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) Being cold.
(b) She forgot a towel.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) The muddy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see that Ann is doing when Catherine cries?
2. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
3. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
4. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
5. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)