|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
(b) The person is too young.
(c) The person is too rude.
(d) The person is too slovenly.
2. Who leaves flowers on a note for Catherine?
3. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(c) Aunt Lucy's.
4. What color dresses do Catherine and the other girls wear to Cassie's funeral?
5. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
6. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Singing around a campfire.
(c) Making pies.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
7. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
(a) Aunt Lucy's house.
(b) Church camp.
(d) Private school.
8. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
(a) A sweater.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A cap.
9. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
(a) The weather is too hot to go to school.
(b) A swarm of locusts invades the town.
(c) The new teacher arrives late.
(d) The rains cause flooding in the town.
10. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
11. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
12. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
(b) Household matters.
13. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) The muddy water.
(b) Being cold.
(c) She forgot a towel.
(d) It starts to rain.
14. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
15. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
(a) Mrs. Hall.
(c) Mother Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Cassie develop?
2. What does Aunt Lucy do with her beautiful city dresses?
3. What new person does Ann employ?
4. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
5. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)