|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Currin.
(b) Mrs. Evans.
(c) Mrs. Hallowell.
(d) Mrs. Shipman.
2. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A cap.
(d) A sweater.
3. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) She forgot a towel.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) The muddy water.
(d) Being cold.
4. What happens to Cassie after she gets a fever?
(a) She dies.
(b) She gets better after a week.
(c) She has to stay home from school.
(d) She gets the flu.
5. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
(a) Aunt Lucy's house.
(c) Private school.
(d) Church camp.
6. What new person does Ann employ?
7. Who leaves flowers on a note for Catherine?
8. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
(b) The widow.
(c) Mrs. Hall.
9. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
(a) The rains cause flooding in the town.
(b) A swarm of locusts invades the town.
(c) The new teacher arrives late.
(d) The weather is too hot to go to school.
10. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
(a) Planting vegetables.
(b) Raising daughters.
(c) Sewing more dresses.
(d) Living on a farm.
11. Which student surprisingly admits to wanting more schooling?
12. How long has Catherine kept her journal?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Three years.
13. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
(a) Ann Higham.
(b) Lucy Currin.
(c) Ann Hallowell.
(d) Isabella Evans.
14. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
(a) Singing around a campfire.
(b) Making pies.
(c) Swimming in the pond.
(d) Horseback riding.
15. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
(a) Two pieces of lace and a note.
(b) Two apples.
(c) Two pieces of chocolate and a ribbon.
(d) Two books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
2. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
3. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
4. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
5. What does Catherine see that Ann is doing when Catherine cries?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)