|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
(a) Ann Hallowell.
(b) Ann Higham.
(c) Isabella Evans.
(d) Lucy Currin.
2. What comparison does Catherine make of herself and the new teacher?
(a) They are nearly the same height.
(b) They have the same color eyes.
(c) They have the same middle name.
(d) They are almost the same age.
3. What does Catherine see that Ann is doing when Catherine cries?
(a) She has left the room.
(b) She is stirring the kettle.
(c) She cries too.
(d) She is ready to spank her.
4. What do the girls and women pick in the summer?
5. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
6. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A letter.
(d) A package.
7. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) The person is too rude.
(b) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
(c) The person is too young.
(d) The person is too slovenly.
8. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
9. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
10. Who is the package from?
(a) Mr. Holt.
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(d) Curtis/The phantom.
11. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A dress.
(d) A hope chest.
12. Where will Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy live after their marriage?
13. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(a) Hebrew lessons.
(d) Sewing items.
14. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
(a) Miss Mumson.
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mrs. Lowell.
(d) Miss Hallowell.
15. What time of year is it when Chapter 10 begins?
(a) The end of the school year.
(b) Christmas vacation.
(c) The beginning of the school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
2. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
3. What do the girls wear on their dresses?
4. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
5. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)