|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
(b) The laundry.
2. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
(a) Aunt Lucy.
(b) Miss Mumson.
(c) Mrs. Lowell.
(d) Miss Hallowell.
3. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
(c) Household matters.
4. What horrible event has occurred in the Southern states?
(a) Swarms of locusts destroying crops.
(b) Widespread flooding.
(c) A Negro revolt.
(d) Killer hurricanes.
5. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
6. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
(a) He is moving the family to Boston.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is selling the farm.
(d) He is taking a new job.
7. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
(b) A cap.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A blanket.
8. Cassie invites Catherine to her home to see ___________________.
(a) her new dresses.
(b) her new bedroom furniture.
(c) her new baby brother.
(d) a new mural.
9. What has Mr. Hall had made for his trip to Boston?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A new carriage.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A new pair of boots.
10. What does Uncle Jack do that Ann finds offensive?
(a) Talks with his mouth full.
(b) Tells a joke.
(c) Wipes his nose on his shirt sleeve.
(d) Tracks mud on the floor.
11. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
(a) Making pies.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Singing around a campfire.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
12. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
(a) The weather is too hot to go to school.
(b) The rains cause flooding in the town.
(c) A swarm of locusts invades the town.
(d) The new teacher arrives late.
13. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
(c) Mother Ann.
(d) Mrs. Hall.
14. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a rockslide.
(b) in a tornado.
(c) in a flood.
(d) in a house fire.
15. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
(a) Two pieces of chocolate and a ribbon.
(b) Two apples.
(c) Two books.
(d) Two pieces of lace and a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
2. Where will Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy live after their marriage?
3. What do the girls wear on their dresses?
4. What ailment does Cassie develop?
5. What does Aunt Lucy do with her beautiful city dresses?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)