|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophy pin on her dress?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A nosegay.
(d) A braided lock of Asa's hair.
2. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A dress.
3. What is the name of Ann's son?
4. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A blue bonnet.
(b) A gray cape.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A pink dress.
5. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
(a) She goes away to school.
(b) She moves to Providence.
(c) She visits her grandmother.
(d) She leaves to work in the mills.
6. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
(a) Singing around a campfire.
(b) Making pies.
(c) Swimming in the pond.
(d) Horseback riding.
7. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
(a) Planting vegetables.
(b) Raising daughters.
(c) Living on a farm.
(d) Sewing more dresses.
8. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(a) Mama Holt.
(b) Mama Pierce.
(d) Mother Brody.
9. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
(a) Two pieces of chocolate and a ribbon.
(b) Two pieces of lace and a note.
(c) Two apples.
(d) Two books.
10. What color dresses do Catherine and the other girls wear to Cassie's funeral?
11. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(c) Aunt Lucy's.
12. Where will Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy live after their marriage?
13. Who supervises Catherine's project?
(a) Mr. Holt.
(c) Mrs. Shipman.
(d) Mr. Hall.
14. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(a) Sewing materials.
15. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Daniel made friends?
2. What has Mr. Hall had made for his trip to Boston?
3. Who is Cassie's older brother?
4. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
5. What does Catherine make for the new baby?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)