|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a rockslide.
(b) in a flood.
(c) in a tornado.
(d) in a house fire.
2. What is the name of Ann's son?
3. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
(d) Barn raising.
4. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(a) Sewing materials.
5. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
(a) Her blueberry pies.
(b) Her silky hair.
(c) The way she could dance.
(d) Quilts she brought to the marriage.
6. What does Aunt Lucy do with her beautiful city dresses?
(a) Gives them away.
(b) Dyes them black.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Burns them.
7. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
(a) He is selling the farm.
(b) He is moving the family to Boston.
(c) He is taking a new job.
(d) He is getting married.
8. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
(a) Who Catherine should marry.
(b) How to care for a sick child.
(c) Where to send Daniel to school.
(d) Where to plant the herb garden.
9. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
(a) Swimming in the pond.
(b) Singing around a campfire.
(c) Making pies.
(d) Horseback riding.
10. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
(a) Living on a farm.
(b) Sewing more dresses.
(c) Raising daughters.
(d) Planting vegetables.
11. What does Catherine see that Ann is doing when Catherine cries?
(a) She has left the room.
(b) She is stirring the kettle.
(c) She cries too.
(d) She is ready to spank her.
12. Who does Mr. Hall plan to marry?
(a) Lucy Currin.
(b) Isabella Evans.
(c) Ann Hallowell.
(d) Ann Higham.
13. Who supervises Catherine's project?
(b) Mr. Hall.
(c) Mrs. Shipman.
(d) Mr. Holt.
14. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Mrs. Currin.
(c) Mrs. Evans.
(d) Mrs. Hallowell.
15. Who is the package from?
(a) Mr. Holt.
(b) Aunt Lucy.
(d) Curtis/The phantom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
2. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
3. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
4. What comparison does Catherine make of herself and the new teacher?
5. What does Ann ban from the Hall household?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)