|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(a) Sewing materials.
2. What does Aunt Lucy do with her beautiful city dresses?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Gives them away.
(d) Dyes them black.
3. Who is the package from?
(b) Curtis/The phantom.
(c) Mr. Holt.
(d) Aunt Lucy.
4. What ailment does Cassie develop?
(a) A fever.
(b) A cold.
(c) Poison ivy.
5. What time of year is it when Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Christmas vacation.
(b) The beginning of the school year.
(c) The end of the school year.
6. To whom is the new Mrs. Hall compared?
(a) Aunt Lucy.
(b) Mrs. Hanson.
(c) The first Mrs. Hall.
(d) Mrs. Shipman.
7. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(a) Sewing items.
(b) Hebrew lessons.
8. What new person does Ann employ?
9. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A blue bonnet.
(b) A gray cape.
(c) A pink dress.
(d) A yellow ribbon.
10. Who supervises Catherine's project?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Mr. Hall.
(d) Mr. Holt.
11. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
(c) Aunt Lucy's.
12. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Hallowell and Aunt Lucy.
(b) Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mr. Holt and Martha Ballard.
(d) Mr. Holt and Miss Lowell.
13. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
(a) He is taking a new job.
(b) He is selling the farm.
(c) He is moving the family to Boston.
(d) He is getting married.
14. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(a) A Bible.
(b) Handmade lace.
(d) A letter answering Ann's questions.
15. What does Ann ban from the Hall household?
(b) The Liberator.
(d) Dirty shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the new school year delayed for a day?
2. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
3. What does Sophy pin on her dress?
4. Where will Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy live after their marriage?
5. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)