|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(d) Sewing materials.
2. What new person does Ann employ?
3. What does Catherine receive in the mail?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A package.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A letter.
4. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
(a) Quilts she brought to the marriage.
(b) The way she could dance.
(c) Her silky hair.
(d) Her blueberry pies.
5. What ailment does Cassie develop?
(b) A cold.
(c) A fever.
(d) Poison ivy.
6. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Holt and Miss Lowell.
(b) Mr. Hallowell and Aunt Lucy.
(c) Mr. Holt and Martha Ballard.
(d) Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy.
7. To whom is the new Mrs. Hall compared?
(a) Aunt Lucy.
(b) Mrs. Shipman.
(c) Mrs. Hanson.
(d) The first Mrs. Hall.
8. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
(a) Where to plant the herb garden.
(b) How to care for a sick child.
(c) Where to send Daniel to school.
(d) Who Catherine should marry.
9. What brings joy to Matty?
(a) Making candy.
(b) Picking flowers.
(c) Going swimming.
(d) Playing with her dolls.
10. Catherine helps Asa write a verse to ___________.
11. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
12. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a house fire.
(b) in a flood.
(c) in a tornado.
(d) in a rockslide.
13. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She thinks she is too slow.
(b) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
(c) She would rather play outside.
(d) She is making too big a mess.
14. What task does Catherine object to doing?
(a) Making syrup.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Sewing aprons.
(d) Making a quilt.
15. What happens to Cassie after she gets a fever?
(a) She gets better after a week.
(b) She has to stay home from school.
(c) She gets the flu.
(d) She dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Catherine kept her journal?
2. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
3. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
4. What has Mr. Hall had made for his trip to Boston?
5. Where does Mr. Hall go to trade wares and make purchases?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)