|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) She forgot a towel.
(b) Being cold.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) The muddy water.
2. What gift does Ann give to Catherine?
(a) Hope chest.
(b) Collars and cuffs.
3. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
(a) Barn raising.
4. What task does Catherine object to doing?
(a) Making a quilt.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Sewing aprons.
(d) Making syrup.
5. Who supervises Catherine's project?
(b) Mr. Hall.
(c) Mr. Holt.
(d) Mrs. Shipman.
6. What does Catherine procure from the Jewish man?
(a) Hebrew lessons.
(b) Sewing items.
7. Cassie invites Catherine to her home to see ___________________.
(a) her new dresses.
(b) her new bedroom furniture.
(c) her new baby brother.
(d) a new mural.
8. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
(a) Church camp.
(b) Private school.
(c) Aunt Lucy's house.
9. Where does Mr. Hall go to trade wares and make purchases?
(a) New York.
10. What new person does Ann employ?
11. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
(a) Who Catherine should marry.
(b) How to care for a sick child.
(c) Where to plant the herb garden.
(d) Where to send Daniel to school.
12. Catherine's memories of her mother and brother's deaths is called ________________.
(a) an analogy.
(b) a metaphor.
(c) a flashback.
13. Which student surprisingly admits to wanting more schooling?
14. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She is making too big a mess.
(b) She thinks she is too slow.
(c) She would rather play outside.
(d) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
15. In what month is Mr. Hall to be married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings joy to Matty?
2. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
3. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
4. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
5. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)