|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(a) A letter answering Ann's questions.
(b) A Bible.
(d) Handmade lace.
2. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She is making too big a mess.
(b) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
(c) She thinks she is too slow.
(d) She would rather play outside.
3. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(a) Sewing materials.
4. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
(d) The laundry.
5. What task does Catherine object to doing?
(a) Making a quilt.
(b) Making syrup.
(c) Churning butter.
(d) Sewing aprons.
6. What is the result of the incident at school?
(a) Catherine and Matty will be home schooled.
(b) Daniel was expelled.
(c) Daniel is sent to the army.
(d) Catherine and Matty will change schools.
7. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Currin.
(b) Mrs. Shipman.
(c) Mrs. Hallowell.
(d) Mrs. Evans.
8. What brings joy to Matty?
(a) Going swimming.
(b) Making candy.
(c) Playing with her dolls.
(d) Picking flowers.
9. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A gray cape.
(b) A blue bonnet.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A pink dress.
10. What gift does Ann give to Catherine?
(c) Hope chest.
(d) Collars and cuffs.
11. What ailment does Cassie develop?
(b) A fever.
(c) Poison ivy.
(d) A cold.
12. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) She forgot a towel.
(b) Being cold.
(c) The muddy water.
(d) It starts to rain.
13. Who helps the Shipman family after Cassie's death?
(a) Mama Pierce.
(b) Mama Holt.
(d) Mother Brody.
14. What happens to Cassie after she gets a fever?
(a) She gets better after a week.
(b) She dies.
(c) She has to stay home from school.
(d) She gets the flu.
15. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
(a) Mrs. Lowell.
(b) Miss Hallowell.
(c) Aunt Lucy.
(d) Miss Mumson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
2. In what month is Mr. Hall to be married?
3. Who supervises Catherine's project?
4. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
5. What big change does Cassie point out that Ann has to make?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)