|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cassie's older brother?
2. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A hope chest.
(c) A dress.
(d) A scrapbook.
3. What ailment does Cassie develop?
(a) A cold.
(c) Poison ivy.
(d) A fever.
4. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) The muddy water.
(c) She forgot a towel.
(d) Being cold.
5. What color dresses do Catherine and the other girls wear to Cassie's funeral?
6. What task does Catherine object to doing?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Making syrup.
(c) Making a quilt.
(d) Sewing aprons.
7. What is the name the Hall children now use for Ann?
(a) Mrs. Hall.
(b) Mother Ann.
8. What is the profession of the Jewish man that Catherine meets?
9. Where does Catherine prepare to go in the spring?
(a) Church camp.
(c) Private school.
(d) Aunt Lucy's house.
10. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(b) A letter answering Ann's questions.
(c) Handmade lace.
(d) A Bible.
11. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) The person is too slovenly.
(b) The person is too young.
(c) The person is too rude.
(d) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
12. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A yellow ribbon.
(b) A blue bonnet.
(c) A pink dress.
(d) A gray cape.
13. What new person does Ann employ?
14. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(b) Ann spends too much money.
(c) Ann keeps burning every meal.
(d) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
15. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a rockslide.
(b) in a tornado.
(c) in a house fire.
(d) in a flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Mr. Hall to be married?
2. What does Ann ban from the Hall household?
3. What type of flowers are left on a note for Catherine?
4. Who is Mr. Holt courting?
5. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)