|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
(a) A yellow ribbon.
(b) A pink dress.
(c) A blue bonnet.
(d) A gray cape.
2. What does Mr. Hall suggest that Catherine send with him when he returns to Boston to marry Ann?
(a) A letter answering Ann's questions.
(b) A Bible.
(d) Handmade lace.
3. What does Cassie complain of after swimming in the pond?
(a) She forgot a towel.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) The muddy water.
(d) Being cold.
4. Cassie invites Catherine to her home to see ___________________.
(a) her new bedroom furniture.
(b) her new dresses.
(c) a new mural.
(d) her new baby brother.
5. What has Mr. Hall had made for his trip to Boston?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A new pair of boots.
(c) A new carriage.
(d) A new wardrobe.
6. Why does Catherine complain about her project?
(a) She is making too big a mess.
(b) She thinks she is too slow.
(c) She doesn't like the colors she chose.
(d) She would rather play outside.
7. The preacher tells of an entire family killed _______________.
(a) in a house fire.
(b) in a rockslide.
(c) in a tornado.
(d) in a flood.
8. What is the result of the incident at school?
(a) Daniel was expelled.
(b) Daniel is sent to the army.
(c) Catherine and Matty will be home schooled.
(d) Catherine and Matty will change schools.
9. What happens to Cassie after she gets a fever?
(a) She gets better after a week.
(b) She has to stay home from school.
(c) She dies.
(d) She gets the flu.
10. Where is Mr. Hall's wedding to take place?
11. What project is Catherine working on at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A dress.
(d) A quilt.
12. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
(c) Household matters.
13. Why is Catherine upset about the person Ann hires?
(a) The person is too young.
(b) It is not the person the family has used in the past.
(c) The person is too slovenly.
(d) The person is too rude.
14. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
(b) Mrs. Hall.
(d) The widow.
15. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
(a) Who Catherine should marry.
(b) Where to send Daniel to school.
(c) Where to plant the herb garden.
(d) How to care for a sick child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student surprisingly admits to wanting more schooling?
2. What does Sophy pin on her dress?
3. What news does Mr. Hall bring on his return?
4. Where does the new Hall family go where they are on display for the community?
5. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)