|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Catherine's mother is referenced in a conversation?
(a) Quilts she brought to the marriage.
(b) The way she could dance.
(c) Her silky hair.
(d) Her blueberry pies.
2. Where does Sophy go in Chapter 17?
(a) She moves to Providence.
(b) She leaves to work in the mills.
(c) She goes away to school.
(d) She visits her grandmother.
3. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
(a) Where to plant the herb garden.
(b) Who Catherine should marry.
(c) How to care for a sick child.
(d) Where to send Daniel to school.
4. Which of the following does Catherine enjoy after picking berries?
(a) Singing around a campfire.
(b) Swimming in the pond.
(c) Making pies.
(d) Horseback riding.
5. What do Catherine and Cassie do at the Shipman house?
(b) The laundry.
6. What items of Ann's does Mr. Hall share with Catherine?
(c) Sewing materials.
7. Ann is sensitive to Catherine's feelings regarding what?
(a) Household matters.
8. Who gets married in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Hallowell and Aunt Lucy.
(b) Mr. Holt and Miss Lowell.
(c) Mr. Holt and Martha Ballard.
(d) Mr. Holt and Aunt Lucy.
9. Who leaves flowers on a note for Catherine?
10. What does Ann ban from the Hall household?
(b) The Liberator.
(c) Dirty shoes.
11. Why do Mr. Hall and Ann have an argument?
(a) Uncle Jack leaves early because Ann doesn't like a joke he told.
(b) Ann spends too much money.
(c) Ann refuses to help at the farm.
(d) Ann keeps burning every meal.
12. How long is Mr. Hall gone on his business trip?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Who is the first person to welcome Ann as a neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Evans.
(b) Mrs. Hallowell.
(c) Mrs. Currin.
(d) Mrs. Shipman.
14. What comparison does Catherine make of herself and the new teacher?
(a) They are almost the same age.
(b) They have the same middle name.
(c) They have the same color eyes.
(d) They are nearly the same height.
15. What does Catherine see that Ann is doing when Catherine cries?
(a) She is stirring the kettle.
(b) She cries too.
(c) She is ready to spank her.
(d) She has left the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dresses do Catherine and the other girls wear to Cassie's funeral?
2. What is in the package that Catherine receives?
3. What does Catherine vow not to call Ann?
4. What gift did Mammann give to Catherine that she wears to church for the first time?
5. Whose pregnancy is announced in Chapter 18?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)