|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Catherine's classmates must leave home to work?
2. What type of feast do the Halls have at their home?
(b) Barn raising.
(c) New Year's.
3. Mr. Hall and Uncle Jack disagree about what topic?
(c) Runaway slaves.
(d) Child rearing.
4. What do Catherine and Cassie do with the items Lucy has brought?
(a) Read important literatures.
(b) Learn to make poultices and medicines.
(c) Learn to cook different dishes.
(d) Sew accessories onto their old clothes.
5. Who wipes away Catherine's tears when she cries about the quilt?
(a) Mr. Hall.
(c) Mrs. Shipman.
6. How is the weather in Chapter 5?
(c) Very hot and humid.
(d) Very cold.
7. What has Asa seen that leads him to believe he has information about the apparition?
(a) An abandoned shack.
(b) Markings on trees.
(c) A hat.
(d) Very large boot prints.
8. What does Catherine work on while at home?
(a) Canning fruit.
(b) Spelling and penmanship.
9. What does Cassie want to do about the runaway slave?
(a) Let him sleep in the barn.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Give him some clothes.
(d) Turn him in.
10. What does Catherine long to do as Chapter 2 ends?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Learn to ski.
(d) Host a gathering.
11. For what upcoming holiday does Mrs. Shipman help Catherine and Mary Martha prepare?
(d) Fourth of July.
12. How old does Catherine turn in Chapter 8?
13. Who becomes ill when the temperature drops?
(d) Mr. Hall.
14. What is for sale in the Southern newspaper ad Mr. Holt shows?
(a) Herbs for medicines.
(b) A team of oxen.
(c) A black girl.
(d) A plow.
15. What rules does the teacher change for boys and girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see Mr. Holt doing with a group of boys one day?
2. What did Mr. Holt's friend, Mr. Garrison, find?
3. Asa tells Catherine that he has information about what?
4. To whose home does Mr. Holt move?
5. What is the last name of the runaway boy who becomes a Russian Count?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)