|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men believe regarding the girls learning math?
(a) They like math more than the boys do.
(b) They don't need to know all the math that boys need to know.
(c) They can't possibly comprehend the math.
(d) They grasp match concepts quicker than the boys do.
2. Who has a birthday in Chapter 8?
3. What does Catherine work on while at home?
(a) Canning fruit.
(d) Spelling and penmanship.
4. What has been taken from the Shipmans' storeroom?
5. Who do the Shipmans accuse of taking the item from the storeroom?
(a) Mr. Hall.
6. What blocks passage on the roads?
(b) Fallen trees.
(d) Deep snow.
7. Who takes care of Matty when she falls ill?
8. What does Mr. Hall think is the source of Catherine's distraction?
(a) Missing Sophy.
(b) Becoming a teenager.
(c) Grief for her mother.
(d) A new beau.
9. How is the weather in Chapter 5?
(b) Very hot and humid.
(d) Very cold.
10. What do the men have to keep constant in the camp while tapping the trees?
(a) Humidity level.
(c) Water level.
(d) Cooling temperatures.
11. What is the last name of the runaway boy who becomes a Russian Count?
12. Whose mother has an accident with a cow?
(a) Joshua Nelson's.
(b) Mr. Hall's.
(c) Asa Sampson's.
(d) James Hallowell's.
13. What is for sale in the Southern newspaper ad Mr. Holt shows?
(a) A plow.
(b) Herbs for medicines.
(c) A team of oxen.
(d) A black girl.
14. What are Mr. Hall's plans to marry Sophy?
(a) He will think about it in a couple years.
(b) He wants to propose this month.
(c) He is thinking about it.
(d) No plans.
15. Who is Mrs. Shipman's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Hall and Uncle Jack disagree about what topic?
2. How old does Catherine turn in Chapter 8?
3. What is made from the tree sap?
4. Mrs. Hall is remembered as a woman of _______________.
5. How do Cassie and Asa respond to Catherine's sighting of an apparition?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)