|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a subject taught by Mr. Holt?
(d) Health and hygiene.
2. What job are the men doing as Chapter 9 begins?
(a) Building a fence.
(b) Planting corn.
(c) Collecting tree sap.
(d) Raising a barn.
3. What does Asa feel is unfair at school?
(a) They start too early in the fall.
(b) The way the teacher changes the rules for boys and girls.
(c) They go too long in the summer.
(d) The hours are too long.
4. What keeps Catherine home from school?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) She must help at home.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) The flu.
5. To what do Catherine's thoughts wander in school?
(a) A new boy in school.
(b) A new dress.
(c) The phantom and his journey.
(d) Her mother.
6. Who is Mrs. Shipman's sister?
7. What is Mr. Holt's profession?
8. What does Mr. Hall think is the source of Catherine's distraction?
(a) A new beau.
(b) Becoming a teenager.
(c) Grief for her mother.
(d) Missing Sophy.
9. What is the name of Catherine's infant brother who died?
10. Who had made the quilt given to the phantom?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Catherine and her mother.
(c) Catherine and Cassie.
(d) Mrs. Shipman and Lucy.
11. Who hosts the Thanksgiving meal?
(a) The Lenoxes.
(b) The Millers.
(c) The Halls.
(d) The Shipmans.
12. In what state does Catherine live?
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
13. What blocks passage on the roads?
(a) Fallen trees.
(c) Deep snow.
14. Which of Catherine's classmates must leave home to work?
15. What do Catherine and Cassie do with the items Lucy has brought?
(a) Read important literatures.
(b) Learn to make poultices and medicines.
(c) Sew accessories onto their old clothes.
(d) Learn to cook different dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine believes that _____________ has taken the item from the storeroom?
2. Who is Catherine's school teacher?
3. According to Asa, the skin cools __________________.
4. Chapter 8 addresses a heated debate between ______________ and the townspeople.
5. Mr. Hall believes Negroes should ___________________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)