|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do Catherine and Matty play a trick on their father?
(a) The last day of school.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) April Fool's Day.
(d) Easter Day.
2. Catherine tells her father about boys who ________________________.
(a) skate in pairs over thin ice.
(b) lean over thin ice to catch a drink.
(c) refuse to go skating because the ice is too thin.
(d) throw small children onto the thin ice.
3. In what room was Catherine born?
(d) Borning room.
4. What do the men believe regarding the girls learning math?
(a) They can't possibly comprehend the math.
(b) They grasp match concepts quicker than the boys do.
(c) They like math more than the boys do.
(d) They don't need to know all the math that boys need to know.
5. Who wipes away Catherine's tears when she cries about the quilt?
(b) Mr. Hall.
(d) Mrs. Shipman.
6. For what upcoming holiday does Mrs. Shipman help Catherine and Mary Martha prepare?
(c) Fourth of July.
7. What does Lucy bring with her in trunks?
(b) Pots and pans.
(c) Garments and sewing accessories.
8. What is Catherine's last name?
9. According to Asa, the skin cools __________________.
(a) after a bath.
(b) after thrashings.
(c) in the icehouse.
(d) in the woods.
10. What does Mr. Hall not tell Catherine about the day she was born?
(a) The heavy snowfall the night before.
(b) What the family owned.
(c) The name of the midwife.
(d) How new their house was.
11. What does Mrs. Shipman send to Mrs. Nelson?
12. Catherine, Cassie and Asa wonder if the phantom has found _________________.
(a) the quilt.
(b) his way north.
(c) a place to stay.
(d) his family.
13. Which of the following does Asa not discover missing?
(b) Phantom's tracks.
(c) The quilt.
(d) The phantom.
14. To whom does the Russian Count repay his debt?
(a) Jeremy Preston.
(b) Joshua Holt.
(c) Matthew Hallowell.
(d) James Presnall.
15. How is the weather in Chapter 5?
(a) Very hot and humid.
(c) Very cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mr. Holt agree?
2. Catherine believes that _____________ has taken the item from the storeroom?
3. Who had made the quilt given to the phantom?
4. Why does Catherine miss school in Chapter 7?
5. Who becomes ill when the temperature drops?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)