Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Asa continue to take punishment for something he did not do?
(a) He wants to defy his father.
(b) He wants to set a good example.
(c) He is helping Catherine.
(d) He is saving the phantom's life.
2. What do the men have to keep constant in the camp while tapping the trees?
(a) Cooling temperatures.
(b) Humidity level.
(d) Water level.
3. According to Asa, the skin cools __________________.
(a) in the icehouse.
(b) in the woods.
(c) after a bath.
(d) after thrashings.
4. How do Cassie and Asa respond to Catherine's sighting of an apparition?
(a) They are frightened too.
(b) They threaten to tell the minister about it.
(c) They tease her.
(d) They believe her.
5. What is made from the tree sap?
6. Which of the following is not a subject taught by Mr. Holt?
(d) Health and hygiene.
7. Who hosts the Thanksgiving meal?
(a) The Shipmans.
(b) The Halls.
(c) The Lenoxes.
(d) The Millers.
8. Where does Catherine's writing book appear after she loses it?
(a) Under a door mat.
(b) In the mailbox.
(c) On the doorstep.
(d) Under a stone.
9. Why does Aunt Lucy visit Mr. Hall?
(a) To offer to home school the girls.
(b) To bring him a pie.
(c) To borrow some tea.
(d) To get a leather strap repaired.
10. What keeps Catherine home from school?
(a) The flu.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) She must help at home.
(d) A snowstorm.
11. Who do the Shipmans accuse of taking the item from the storeroom?
(d) Mr. Hall.
12. What rules does the teacher change for boys and girls?
13. What has Asa seen that leads him to believe he has information about the apparition?
(a) Markings on trees.
(b) A hat.
(c) Very large boot prints.
(d) An abandoned shack.
14. How is the weather in Chapter 5?
(a) Very cold.
(b) Very hot and humid.
15. What issue does Mr. Garrison's newspaper address?
(a) Voting rights.
(d) Religious freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the writing book when Catherine finds it?
2. How does Mr. Hall apologize to Catherine?
3. How old does Catherine turn in Chapter 8?
4. Who is Catherine's school teacher?
5. What type of animals are used to clear the road?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)