|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Holt communicate his request to retain his position?
(a) In a letter.
(b) In a telegram.
(c) In public notices.
(d) In a speech.
2. Where does Catherine's writing book appear after she loses it?
(a) In the mailbox.
(b) On the doorstep.
(c) Under a door mat.
(d) Under a stone.
3. What has Asa seen that leads him to believe he has information about the apparition?
(a) A hat.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) Very large boot prints.
(d) Markings on trees.
4. What happens when the weather is cold one day and hot the next?
(a) The kids get bad colds.
(b) The old people get pneumonia.
(c) The sap stops flowing.
(d) The locusts swarm in.
5. What is made from the tree sap?
6. What type of animals are used to clear the road?
7. What does Catherine long to do as Chapter 2 ends?
(a) Learn to ski.
(b) Host a gathering.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to college.
8. Who is Catherine's school teacher?
(a) Mr. Hallowell.
(b) Mr. Holt.
(c) Mr. Shipman.
(d) Mr. Holden.
9. What is the name of Catherine's infant brother who died?
10. What has been taken from the Shipmans' storeroom?
11. Who makes a surprise visit to the Halls' home?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(c) Mr. Formsby.
(d) Mr. Holt.
12. Mr. Hall tells his daughters a story about ___________________.
(a) a headless woman.
(c) right and wrong.
(d) his childhood.
13. What do the men believe regarding the girls learning math?
(a) They don't need to know all the math that boys need to know.
(b) They can't possibly comprehend the math.
(c) They like math more than the boys do.
(d) They grasp match concepts quicker than the boys do.
14. Which of the following is not a subject taught by Mr. Holt?
(d) Health and hygiene.
15. What are the children doing as Chapter 6 begins?
(a) Tapping trees for syrup.
(c) Going on a hayride.
(d) Walking home from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cassie and Catherine eventually decide to do regarding the phantom?
2. Why does Aunt Lucy visit Mr. Hall?
3. What do Catherine and Cassie do with the items Lucy has brought?
4. Whose mother has an accident with a cow?
5. What does Mr. Holt give Catherine permission to do?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)