|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catherine's infant brother who died?
2. What rules does the teacher change for boys and girls?
3. Who takes care of Matty when she falls ill?
4. Who do the Shipmans accuse of taking the item from the storeroom?
(c) Mr. Hall.
5. What are Mr. Hall's plans to marry Sophy?
(a) He is thinking about it.
(b) He will think about it in a couple years.
(c) He wants to propose this month.
(d) No plans.
6. Why does Aunt Lucy visit Mr. Hall?
(a) To borrow some tea.
(b) To bring him a pie.
(c) To offer to home school the girls.
(d) To get a leather strap repaired.
7. What do Catherine and Cassie do with the items Lucy has brought?
(a) Learn to make poultices and medicines.
(b) Read important literatures.
(c) Learn to cook different dishes.
(d) Sew accessories onto their old clothes.
8. What type of feast do the Halls have at their home?
(a) Barn raising.
(d) New Year's.
9. Who continues to receive punishment for stealing food?
(d) The phantom.
10. What issue does Mr. Garrison's newspaper address?
(b) Voting rights.
(d) Religious freedom.
11. What job are the men doing as Chapter 9 begins?
(a) Raising a barn.
(b) Planting corn.
(c) Collecting tree sap.
(d) Building a fence.
12. How does Mr. Hall apologize to Catherine?
(a) He writes a note.
(b) He lets her go sledding.
(c) He strokes her hair.
(d) He buys her candy.
13. Which of the following is not a subject taught by Mr. Holt?
(c) Health and hygiene.
14. How old does Catherine turn in Chapter 8?
15. Mrs. Hall is remembered as a woman of _______________.
(a) statuesque height.
(b) small stature.
(c) great girth.
(d) rotund appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mr. Holt agree?
2. What special day does Mr. Hall tell Catherine about?
3. What does Mrs. Shipman send to Mrs. Nelson?
4. On what day do Catherine and Matty play a trick on their father?
5. What does Asa feel is unfair at school?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)