|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Hall apologize to Catherine?
(a) He buys her candy.
(b) He lets her go sledding.
(c) He writes a note.
(d) He strokes her hair.
2. What does Cassie want to do about the runaway slave?
(a) Let him sleep in the barn.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Give him some clothes.
3. Which of the following does Asa not discover missing?
(a) The phantom.
(b) The quilt.
(d) Phantom's tracks.
4. Whose mother has an accident with a cow?
(a) James Hallowell's.
(b) Asa Sampson's.
(c) Joshua Nelson's.
(d) Mr. Hall's.
5. In what format is the story written?
6. In what room was Catherine born?
(c) Borning room.
7. What does Asa feel is unfair at school?
(a) They start too early in the fall.
(b) They go too long in the summer.
(c) The way the teacher changes the rules for boys and girls.
(d) The hours are too long.
8. Who visits the Hall family and brings stories in a newspaper?
(a) Reverend Milton.
(b) Mr. Standish.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Mr. Hooper.
9. What is made from the tree sap?
10. What type of animals are used to clear the road?
11. What do Catherine and Cassie do with the items Lucy has brought?
(a) Read important literatures.
(b) Learn to make poultices and medicines.
(c) Learn to cook different dishes.
(d) Sew accessories onto their old clothes.
12. Catherine finds a note that tells her to ________________________.
(a) come to the woods at midnight.
(b) write a poem.
(c) read a love letter.
(d) meet someone at the stone.
13. How do Cassie and Asa respond to Catherine's sighting of an apparition?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They are frightened too.
(c) They believe her.
(d) They threaten to tell the minister about it.
14. Who is Cassie's brother?
15. Who is accused of aiding the runaway slave?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Mr. Holt.
(c) Mr. Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Catherine not love?
2. What keeps Catherine home from school?
3. Who is Mrs. Shipman's sister?
4. What happens when the weather is cold one day and hot the next?
5. What does Mr. Hall not tell Catherine about the day she was born?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)