|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cassie after she gets a fever?
(a) She dies.
(b) She gets better after a week.
(c) She has to stay home from school.
(d) She gets the flu.
2. What job are the men doing as Chapter 9 begins?
(a) Planting corn.
(b) Building a fence.
(c) Raising a barn.
(d) Collecting tree sap.
3. On what do Ann and Mr. Hall disagree?
(a) Where to plant the herb garden.
(b) Who Catherine should marry.
(c) Where to send Daniel to school.
(d) How to care for a sick child.
4. How does Mr. Hall apologize to Catherine?
(a) He buys her candy.
(b) He strokes her hair.
(c) He lets her go sledding.
(d) He writes a note.
5. Catherine tells her father about boys who ________________________.
(a) refuse to go skating because the ice is too thin.
(b) lean over thin ice to catch a drink.
(c) throw small children onto the thin ice.
(d) skate in pairs over thin ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Lucy seen kissing one night?
2. What is the last name of the runaway boy who becomes a Russian Count?
3. What is made from the tree sap?
4. Catherine, Cassie and Asa wonder if the phantom has found _________________.
5. Whose mother has an accident with a cow?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)