1. What is Catherine's last name?
2. In what format is the story written?
3. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the story?
4. In what state does Catherine live?
(b) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
5. What has happened to Catherine's mother?
(a) She was seriously injured.
(b) She went crazy.
(c) She moved away.
(d) She died.
6. Who teaches Catherine and her sister housekeeping techniques?
(a) Mrs. Shipman.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Mr. Hall.
(d) Her aunt.
7. Who is Catherine's friend?
8. Mr. Hall tells his daughters a story about ___________________.
(a) right and wrong.
(b) a headless woman.
(c) his childhood.
9. What frightens Catherine in the woods one day?
(a) An owl.
(b) A rustling noise.
(c) An apparition.
(d) A deer.
10. Who visits the Hall family and brings stories in a newspaper?
(a) Mr. Standish.
(b) Mr. Hooper.
(c) Reverend Milton.
(d) Uncle Jack.
11. Mr. Hall and Uncle Jack disagree about what topic?
(a) Child rearing.
(d) Runaway slaves.
This section contains 3,581 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)