|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oscar insist Christina come see the television?
(a) His father is speaking to the camera.
(b) There's a mob carrying placards that say, "KEEP GOD IN AMERICA, MURDERER."
(c) There are many funny commercials to watch.
(d) Spot the dog is being interviewed on the nightly news.
2. The medical reports verify drowning as the proximate cause of death, so what are the jurors supposed to do?
(a) If the boy had any medical conditions.
(b) Decide if the boy did in fact drown.
(c) How deep the water was.
(d) Decide if there are any intervening causes within the defendant's control, which would make him liable for the death.
3. What does Jerry explain as the left hand side of Oscar's story?
(a) Thomas's trip north to take care of his uncle's property.
(b) There is no left hand side of Oscar's story.
(c) Kane hounding Thomas about justice and moral rectitude leading him deeper into his dilemma, and Bagby blackmailing him for 4,000 years of Christian guilt.
(d) The runaway slave, the invisible man haunting Thomas (and the entire play).
4. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
(a) She wants him to move in permanently.
(b) Near her wits' end.
(c) She enjoys being with her brother.
(d) Getting used to him.
5. What has Oscar's ordeal done to Christina and Harry's marriage?
(a) Strengthened it.
(b) Brought them closer together.
(c) Made it somewhat more challenging.
(d) Wrecked it.
6. What does the district judge think about Oscar's case?
(a) It is boring and a waste of his time.
(b) It is unbelievable how similar the movie and play are.
(c) There is no basis for unjust enrichment or fraud.
(d) It has a strong chance of winning.
7. In the morning, how does Christina find Oscar?
(a) In his pajamas, as usual.
(b) Dressed in one of Father's suits and smoking for the first time in 20 years.
(c) In a tuxedo.
(d) Asleep on the couch.
8. How does Oscar feel about Father having no time to read his play?
9. What do witnesses confirm about the site of the drowning?
(a) It is a popular fishing site.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is frequently used for baptisms.
(d) The current is very strong.
10. What does Lily realize when Oscar yells for them to all come and see what is on the television?
(a) Oscar is watching the movie.
(b) Oscar had forgotten Father had died.
(c) Oscar is watching another nature program.
(d) Oscar does not know his father has died.
11. What do most of Oscar's charges represent?
(a) Consultation Fees.
(b) Contingency Fees.
(c) Retainer Fees.
(d) Administrative costs.
12. What does Oscar secretly have?
(a) No lawyers.
(b) New lawyers.
(c) A new law suit.
(d) A girlfriend.
13. What does Jerry think will happen by having Bagby hungering for intelligent talk in an intellectual wasteland?
(a) It will make the audience hate the character even more.
(b) It will improve the character.
(c) It will destroy the character.
(d) It will be too deep for the audience.
14. Why is Oscar upset by this news?
(a) He will only be able to cover his legal bills.
(b) He will be highly taxed on this reward.
(c) He will not receive enough to cover his legal bills and no longer has Harry's advice.
(d) He will cover his bills but will not make a profit.
15. What does Oscar do when the battery in his wheelchair dies?
(a) He cries.
(b) He buys a new one.
(c) He begins walking.
(d) He sits and complains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christina say when Oscar says he needs a secretary?
2. What does Christina do when she finds Oscar engrossed in a nature program?
3. Why are the Judge's ashes in a coffee can?
4. What does J. Harret Ruth share with Senator Orney Bilk?
5. Why does Oscar fail to notice Lily's new hairdo?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)