|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bone describe Erebus?
(a) As an up-and-coming studio.
(b) As a well-established studio.
(c) As an old studio under new ownership.
(d) As a run-down studio.
2. How does Christina feel about living with Oscar?
(a) Near her wits' end.
(b) Getting used to him.
(c) She enjoys being with her brother.
(d) She wants him to move in permanently.
3. Why is Lily spooked by the clerk's many trips to the bathroom and the sound of trickling?
(a) It makes her need to use the restroom.
(b) He does not close the door.
(c) It reminds her of her lump.
(d) She is disgusted.
4. What news from Harry does Christina give to Oscar?
(a) Basie is a fraud who never attended law school, lied on his bar exam, and faces revocation of his license and jail.
(b) Basie is his best friend and can be trusted.
(c) Basie has attended law school but never graduated.
(d) Basie is the best lawyer Harry could find, and he is sorry.
5. What does the district judge think about Oscar's case?
(a) It is boring and a waste of his time.
(b) It is unbelievable how similar the movie and play are.
(c) It has a strong chance of winning.
(d) There is no basis for unjust enrichment or fraud.
6. What does Jerry think will happen by having Bagby hungering for intelligent talk in an intellectual wasteland?
(a) It will be too deep for the audience.
(b) It will make the audience hate the character even more.
(c) It will destroy the character.
(d) It will improve the character.
7. What are the jurors to disregard during the drowning case?
(a) How the boy drowned.
(b) All emotional outbursts by spectators.
(c) Circumstantial evidence.
(d) The boy's name and age.
8. How does Jerry want to change the character of Kane, which would also put Broadway audiences in Oscar's hands?
(a) He should have a better name.
(b) He should be a rootless, wandering Jew.
(c) He should be very attractive.
(d) He should be very funny and entertaining.
9. Christina decides to drive out and asks Harry to phone Sam or Basie to have them contact Oscar. Why can Harry not accompany her?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He must be in court.
(c) He does not like Oscar.
(d) He is afraid of Oscar's reaction.
10. What does J. Harret Ruth share with Senator Orney Bilk?
(a) A desire to rule the world.
(b) A desire to become judges in the appeals court.
(c) A desire to see Father rejected for the appeals court.
(d) A desire to support Father in his courtroom.
11. What does Oscar say about Jerry's ideas, regarding the story?
(a) This goes too far.
(b) This is not deep enough.
(c) I do not like this at all.
(d) This is too spooky.
12. Why does Oscar insist Christina come see the television?
(a) There are many funny commercials to watch.
(b) There's a mob carrying placards that say, "KEEP GOD IN AMERICA, MURDERER."
(c) His father is speaking to the camera.
(d) Spot the dog is being interviewed on the nightly news.
13. Who has Christina consulted about fulfilling Harry's wish for a clean getaway like the Judge?
(d) No one.
14. What is the packet of letters Christina spots in the Gladstone?
(a) Letters from Father's supporters.
(b) Bills that are overdue.
(c) The documents the Judge rescued from the Historical Society's clutches.
(d) Letters from various law firms.
15. How does Oscar feel about Father having no time to read his play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christina doing when Oscar and Lily find her on the phone with her vulture sisters-in-law?
2. Who is the stooped old man Lily saw walking past the window as she drove up?
3. What does Jerry explain as the left hand side of Oscar's story?
4. Why is Oscar upset by this news?
5. Of what is Christina afraid when Oscar reads he has lost the suit?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)