|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Judge's ashes in a coffee can?
(a) An urn would cost $100, which would infuriate the Judge.
(b) No one wanted to pay for an urn.
(c) Father loved to drink coffee.
(d) The funeral home ran out of urns.
2. Who is the stooped old man Lily saw walking past the window as she drove up?
(b) Mr. Cartwright, the family butler.
(d) Mr. Boatwright, the family plumber.
3. In the morning, about what does Oscar read?
(a) A drop in interest rates.
(b) His wildfires in California.
(c) The injuries, arrests, and a nationwide outpouring of grief for Spot.
(d) His case being dismissed.
4. What does Christina do when she finds Oscar engrossed in a nature program?
(a) She criticizes his odd tastes.
(b) She turns off the television.
(c) She asks him what he is watching.
(d) She sits down to enjoy the show as well.
5. What does the district judge think about Oscar's case?
(a) It is boring and a waste of his time.
(b) It has a strong chance of winning.
(c) There is no basis for unjust enrichment or fraud.
(d) It is unbelievable how similar the movie and play are.
6. What does Christina insist about the movie's hero?
(a) He is just like Thomas/Grandfather.
(b) He is not Thomas/Grandfather.
(c) He somewhat resembles Thomas/Grandfather.
(d) He highly resembles Thomas/Grandfather.
7. What does Lily realize when Oscar yells for them to all come and see what is on the television?
(a) Oscar had forgotten Father had died.
(b) Oscar is watching the movie.
(c) Oscar is watching another nature program.
(d) Oscar does not know his father has died.
8. What has happened every time Christina has tried to reach Harry?
(a) He cries on the phone.
(b) He has been unavailable.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He has refused to talk to her.
9. When might Oscar's conflict with Father, since he saw the movie, blow over?
(a) Once Oscar loses the lawsuit, proving the play is not worth stealing.
(b) Once Father realizes the movie is based on Oscar's play.
(c) Once Father realizes how good the movie was.
(d) Once Oscar's play is on Broadway.
10. When Oscar fetches wine, how does Christina annoy him?
(a) When she does not want a glass of wine.
(b) When she tells him he should not have any wine.
(c) When she demands he be careful with the bottle.
(d) When she demands the first glass.
11. While the plaintiff's play script is indisputably protected, what would not constitute copyright infringement?
(a) Saying the movie is based on Oscar's play.
(b) Copying the dialogue from the play for the movie.
(c) Using the same characters' names.
(d) The use of general themes, motives and ideas by the defendants.
12. What are the jurors to disregard during the drowning case?
(a) The boy's name and age.
(b) How the boy drowned.
(c) Circumstantial evidence.
(d) All emotional outbursts by spectators.
13. Who is the "Murderer" being burnt in effigy?
14. How does Oscar feel about Father having no time to read his play?
15. The medical reports verify drowning as the proximate cause of death, so what are the jurors supposed to do?
(a) If the boy had any medical conditions.
(b) How deep the water was.
(c) Decide if there are any intervening causes within the defendant's control, which would make him liable for the death.
(d) Decide if the boy did in fact drown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Christina afraid when Oscar reads he has lost the suit?
2. Why is Deedee out $80,000?
3. What does the obituary say?
4. How much is Father's estate worth?
5. In the morning, how does Christina find Oscar?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)