|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 (through page 163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Thomas go to Quantness?
(a) To plant cotton.
(b) To deal with his two slaves.
(c) To pay the bills.
(d) To see his wife.
2. What does this travel north end for Thomas?
(a) His life.
(b) His dream of a life in public office.
(c) His desire to return to the south.
(d) His relationship with his family.
3. Basie remarks on the house's value. How does Oscar reply?
(a) Privacy is valuable in an era of tract homes.
(b) The house is very old and large.
(c) The house is really not worth much.
(d) The home has been in his family for generations.
4. Why is Christina worried about Szyrk?
(a) Szyrk is stalking her.
(b) Szyrk is trying to sue the family.
(c) Szyrk wants to buy the family home.
(d) Szyrk may publicize family madness.
5. What calls Oscar's play's first act superfluous, the last act untargeted, and the whole play void of purpose?
(a) The television broadcasts.
(b) The rejection letter.
(c) Broadway producers.
(d) The newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces Thomas to go north to prevent the Union government from seizing everything?
2. How does Oscar reply when Basie interrupts to ask how Israel fits into his play?
3. Thomas muses how the trees, rocks and ditches - all so casually ignored in peacetime - are what in battle?
4. Why does Oscar include natural slavery in the play?
5. Lily's brother, Bobbie, is buying what?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)