|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 (through page 163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bringing Oscar groceries, what does Christina tell Harry about Lily?
(a) She is annoying and in the way.
(b) Pushing Oscar to use her new divorce lawyer to file a $1.5 million injury suit.
(c) That Oscar and Lily are now a couple, even though she is not officially divorced.
(d) She complains all the time and will not leave Oscar alone.
2. Why does Basie interrupt by admitting Oscar's lawsuit could be a landmark if they win?
(a) He wants to encourage Oscar to hire him.
(b) He is trying to stay positive.
(c) He wants to convince Oscar his case has a chance.
(d) He hopes to forestall reading the entire script.
3. What has happened to Oscar?
(a) He needed a root canal.
(b) His meeting is running late.
(c) He had to work late at work.
(d) He has been run over by a car.
4. What convinces Oscar the producer of "The Blood in the Red White and Blue," Kiester, has stolen the characters and themes of his play?
(a) Reading the script for the movie.
(b) The Times' review of the movie.
(c) When he sees the movie.
(d) After talking to the director about his film.
5. Sitting with Basie, waiting for Oscar to finish physical therapy, Christina knows Oscar considers Basie as what?
(a) A great friend and terrific lawyer.
(b) A good and trustworthy man.
(c) An intelligent and gifted lawyer.
(d) Little better than a distracted delivery boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since when has Oscar been feeling terminal?
2. Why does Oscar demand a subpoena of Kiester's records?
3. In the 1930s, the yellow press ran stories about Grandfather doing what?
4. What does the plaintiff do with the play?
5. What does Basie try to show Oscar about artists?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)