|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caught on fire in the Kissell household?
(a) The TV.
(b) The refrigerator.
(c) The cat.
(d) The electric blanket.
2. What did the narrator's father do first when he came home from work?
(a) Took a shower.
(b) Took a nap.
(c) Kissed his wife.
(d) Got a beer.
3. According to the narrator, Van people are ___________________.
(b) Soccer moms.
(c) Bearded hippies.
4. According to Howard, what are the BNAs?
(a) Big Network Accounts.
(b) Banking News Associations.
(c) Bananas, Nectarines and Apples.
(d) Bad News Accounts.
5. What sport does the narrator recall playing with his friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sprinkled throughout the catalog?
2. The archaeologists may think that a dog in a commercial is a __________________.
3. According to the narrator, how do Camper people drive?
4. What did Flick say that his grandfather drank to cure a cold?
5. What is the narrator's most common position in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has the NLGA done to try to counteract the negative perceptions of lemons?
2. What prompts the narrator's memory about the great ice cream war?
3. What is the imaginary Sociology lecture the narrator gives on car culture and describe the differences between the Camper Crowd and Van people.
4. What human foibles does the Johnson Smith catalog prey on and why does the narrator appreciate it?
5. Why do people find items such as those found in the Johnson Smith catalog to be humorous?
6. Why does the narrator attribute his academic doom to classroom seating?
7. What ironies does the narrator point out in the actuality of camper and van usage as opposed to the typical perceptions of the vehicles?
8. Define a BNA and cite some supporting examples.
9. Describe the narrator's surprise inspiration in Algebra class and how he avoided looking like the failure he was sure he was.
10. What are the differences in driving styles between the Camper Crowd and van people?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)