Opening and A Fistful of Fig Newtons or the Shoot-Out in Room 303
1. Where is the narrator traveling as the book opens?
(a) New York to Pennsylvania.
(b) New York to Boston.
(c) New Jersey to New York.
(d) New York to New Jersey.
2. In what city landmark is the narrator stalled?
(a) Chrysler Building.
(b) Lincoln Tunnel.
(c) Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) Empire State Building.
3. The narrator ruminates that the place he is stranded can ___________________.
(a) be a great diversion.
(b) be unhealthy.
(c) make men mad.
(d) waste a man's life.
4. What does the narrator consider the place he is stranded?
5. What name does the narrator say to call him even though it is not his real name?
6. What does the narrator throw down from his window on some picketers during his college days?
(a) A paper airplane.
(b) Water balloons.
(d) Cold water.
7. How did the narrator pay for college expenses?
(a) GI Bill.
(c) Bank student loans.
(d) Trust fund.
8. What is the narrator's favorite snack?
(d) Fig Newtons.
This section contains 3,807 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)