|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Woodcarver's route do for the march?
(a) Makes it a more direct shot.
(b) Adds agonizing days.
(c) Shortens it by 2 weeks.
(d) Makes it easier.
2. When does Old One consider the Blight a threat?
(a) He does not consider the Blight a threat.
(b) When the Blight attacks Old One.
(c) When the Blight engulfs the Slow Zone.
(d) When the Blight sends out tendrils into the Transcend.
3. Who prepares to eradicate all humans?
(a) Alliance for Defense.
(b) Alliance of plant fossa.
(c) No one plans to eradicate humans.
(d) Alliance for Blight Removal.
4. What does Pham order for the Riders?
(a) To be put into suspended sleep.
(b) To be subjected to mind meld to learn of their plans.
(c) To be deep spaced.
(d) To be confined to their quarters.
5. What is Steel's cover story?
(a) The nursery is producing autistic pups.
(b) The nursery is protecting insane pups.
(c) The gunpowder factory is merely for self defense.
(d) Disguised Woodcarvers have infiltrated.
6. What can't Pham see about Steel ambushing rescuers?
(a) How Steel's primitive culture could effect any damage against OOB.
(b) That Steel would not ambush them until he understands the technology they bring.
(c) How it would serve a purpose.
(d) That Steel might do it to gain a working space ship.
7. How big is the fleet that is pursuing OOB?
8. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
(a) To avoid detection.
(b) To toughen them.
(c) To flank Steel's army.
(d) It's the only way to get to the alien ship.
9. What does Pham have to do to effect a landing?
(a) Repair his ultradrive.
(b) Switch to manual control.
(c) Match velocities with the planet.
(d) Repair his landing gear.
10. What does Pham suspect about Steel and Jefri?
(a) Steel is manipulating Jefri.
(b) Steel has adopted Jefri.
(c) Steel plans to meld with Jefri.
(d) Steel plans to murder Jefri.
11. What do the most competent posters on the Net think about the Blight's interest in the High Beyond?
(a) The Blight will lose interest in invading High Beyond.
(b) The Blight hasn't the ability to find High Beyond.
(c) The Blight does not even know the High Beyond exists.
(d) The Blight will not lose interest in controlling the High Beyond.
12. What is Flenser subtly trying to undermine?
(a) The way the rescue ship perceives the planet's organization.
(b) Amdijefri's respect for Steel.
(c) Woodcarver's position as leader.
(d) Steel's thoughts.
13. Why does Pham order a landing?
(a) His shuttle is hit and no longer functional.
(b) He wants to question Jefri.
(c) He sees Johanna waving.
(d) He is out of fuel.
14. What is Steel happy about concerning the radio cloaks?
(a) That they are beautiful as well as functional.
(b) That they are small enough to concel.
(c) That they are cheap to make.
(d) That they are uncomfortable.
15. What does Pham learn that Jefri's parents have done?
(a) Left Jefri with a means of defeating Woodcarver's country.
(b) Left complex instructions for resurrecting the children in sleep.
(c) Placed a countermeasure to the Blight on the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steel order ignited?
2. What are Riders through their skrodes?
3. What does Chitiratte wait impatiently to signal?
4. How does Amdijefri communicated with Ravna?
5. What must OOB do at the opening of chapter 25?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)