|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pham don to go after Greenstalk?
(a) A chain mail vest.
(b) A specially modified pressure suit.
(c) A keflar suit.
(d) A globe helmet.
2. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
(a) Blueshell showing Pham there is no way to manipulate the vortex.
(b) Ravna threatens to contact the council.
(c) OOB's ultradrive and automation fail and the workshop catches fire.
(d) Ravna's threat of suicide.
3. What does Kratzi do?
(a) Signals the rescue ship prematurely.
(b) Falls from the rapelling cliff.
(c) Tries to kill Johanna.
(d) Dies defending Johanna.
4. What do those aboard OOB hope about the Zone storm?
(a) That it will widen the boundaries of the Beyond.
(b) That it will bypass them altogether.
(c) That it will narrow the boundaries of the Slow Zone.
(d) That it will pass in hours.
5. For what does Jefri send?
(a) A modified acoustic interface for the radio.
(b) A conference with Woodcarver's realm.
(c) Word about his sister.
(d) A machine to wake the children.
6. What does Chitiratte wait impatiently to signal?
(a) Johanna's assassination.
(b) The end of the long cliffs they are rapelling.
(c) The approach of the rescue ship.
(d) The approach of Steel's army.
7. What does Tyrathect contemplate?
(a) Spreading out over the northland.
(b) Melding with Steel.
(c) Giving Steel a new pup.
(d) Getting rid of Steel.
8. When does Old One consider the Blight a threat?
(a) When the Blight sends out tendrils into the Transcend.
(b) When the Blight engulfs the Slow Zone.
(c) When the Blight attacks Old One.
(d) He does not consider the Blight a threat.
9. What does Steel worry that Amdijefri will see?
(a) The fact that Johanna is alive.
(b) Through his mask.
(c) That Steel intends to kill Amdijefri.
(d) The way he tortures newborn pups.
10. What does Skinner ask Pham to do?
(a) Kill all the invaders.
(b) Drop weapons to the waiting troops.
(c) Land inside the courtyard.
(d) Wait to land until the invaders have been repealed.
11. How does the gray fungus examine a puppy's brain?
(a) By taking over the brain stem.
(b) By entwining itself throughout the brain cells.
(c) By passing filaments painlessly inside.
(d) It has not learned to to that yet.
12. What does Amdijefri find when exploring the dome?
(b) Evidence that Steel is the one who kills Jefri's parents.
(c) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) A stockpile of food.
13. What does Steel project to the masses?
14. What does the noise of the cannon do to Woodcarver?
(a) Sends her into labor.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Frightens her.
(d) Deafens her.
15. To what does Steel have a natural aversion?
(a) Being mentally perused.
(b) Being touched.
(c) Eating animal flesh.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ravna install after her clash with Pham?
2. What is Flenser subtly trying to undermine?
3. Where has Johanna been working?
4. What does Pham order for the Riders?
5. What are Woodcarver's new pups taking away from her?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)