|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the most competent posters on the Net think about the Blight's interest in the High Beyond?
(a) The Blight does not even know the High Beyond exists.
(b) The Blight will lose interest in invading High Beyond.
(c) The Blight hasn't the ability to find High Beyond.
(d) The Blight will not lose interest in controlling the High Beyond.
2. Who takes over control of the fighting from Scrupilo?
3. What does Pham suspect about Steel and Jefri?
(a) Steel is manipulating Jefri.
(b) Steel plans to murder Jefri.
(c) Steel has adopted Jefri.
(d) Steel plans to meld with Jefri.
4. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
(a) Ravna threatens to contact the council.
(b) Ravna's threat of suicide.
(c) OOB's ultradrive and automation fail and the workshop catches fire.
(d) Blueshell showing Pham there is no way to manipulate the vortex.
5. What does Pham say worked on Canberra?
(a) An attack on the reservoirs of knowledge.
(b) Bypassing the trial-and-error that normally accompanies development of guns and radios.
(c) A three-pronged attack against the Blight.
(d) A virus against the Blight.
6. What does Woodcarver's route do for the march?
(a) Makes it easier.
(b) Shortens it by 2 weeks.
(c) Adds agonizing days.
(d) Makes it a more direct shot.
7. What does Amdijefri find when exploring the dome?
(b) Evidence that Steel is the one who kills Jefri's parents.
(c) A stockpile of food.
(d) A stockpile of weapons.
8. How does Tyrathect feel when using the new radio outfit?
9. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
(a) To flank Steel's army.
(b) To toughen them.
(c) To avoid detection.
(d) It's the only way to get to the alien ship.
10. What is Johanna doing as Pham aims his beam gun?
(a) Manning the cannons.
(b) Trying to get to Jefri.
(c) Trying to keep the attackers from running away.
(d) She is not at the battle as she is too gravely wounded.
11. What does Johanna find upsetting about the Tines' behavior in the wild?
(a) They do not bathe.
(b) They kill forest creatures for fun more than necessity.
(c) They litter.
(d) They destroy trees for no reason.
12. What is Steel's cover story?
(a) Disguised Woodcarvers have infiltrated.
(b) The nursery is protecting insane pups.
(c) The nursery is producing autistic pups.
(d) The gunpowder factory is merely for self defense.
13. What are Riders through their skrodes?
(a) It is uncertain.
(b) Hidden smart bombs.
14. What does Kratzi do?
(a) Signals the rescue ship prematurely.
(b) Dies defending Johanna.
(c) Tries to kill Johanna.
(d) Falls from the rapelling cliff.
15. What do those aboard OOB hope about the Zone storm?
(a) That it will narrow the boundaries of the Slow Zone.
(b) That it will widen the boundaries of the Beyond.
(c) That it will pass in hours.
(d) That it will bypass them altogether.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pham is in godshatter state?
2. Why does Pham power up his weapons?
3. What must OOB do at the opening of chapter 25?
4. Who sees Johanna trying to attract Pham's attention?
5. In what is Ravna unwilling to participate?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)