|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does OOB decide to go?
(a) Harmonious Repose.
(b) The Planet of Repose.
(c) The Repose of Harmony.
(d) The Harmonious Quintet.
2. What bothers Woodcarver about Vendacious?
(a) His torture of Johanna.
(b) His execution being quick and merciful.
(c) Keeping him prisoner.
(d) His ability to hide his intentions.
3. What does Greenstalk explain about the Zones?
(a) He makes no comments about the Zones.
(b) They are about to dissolve.
(c) They are stable.
(d) They are in flux.
4. What does Pham do during the downtime of the Zone storm?
(a) Plots ships' locations.
(c) Stays in godshatter.
(d) Talks with Ravna.
5. What does Ravna install after her clash with Pham?
(a) A camera in her quarters.
(b) A lock on her quarters.
(c) A new replicator.
(d) Suicide programs.
6. What is Steel's cover story?
(a) The nursery is producing autistic pups.
(b) The nursery is protecting insane pups.
(c) The gunpowder factory is merely for self defense.
(d) Disguised Woodcarvers have infiltrated.
7. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) The Blight.
(c) The Old One.
(d) The inhabitants of Earth several billion years ago.
8. What must OOB do at the opening of chapter 25?
(a) Put in for repairs.
(b) Be fitted for slow beyond.
(c) Be retrofitted with a quantum drive.
(d) Be made capable of light speed.
9. What does Pham say worked on Canberra?
(a) A virus against the Blight.
(b) A three-pronged attack against the Blight.
(c) Bypassing the trial-and-error that normally accompanies development of guns and radios.
(d) An attack on the reservoirs of knowledge.
10. What does Ravna believe about Jefri's time frame?
(a) He will stand trial in less than 60 days.
(b) He will be melded in 100 days and she must get to him before he melds.
(c) He has less than 100 days to ward off attack.
(d) He will be executed in 10 days.
11. What does Woodcarver's route do for the march?
(a) Adds agonizing days.
(b) Shortens it by 2 weeks.
(c) Makes it easier.
(d) Makes it a more direct shot.
12. Where do gunpowder and cannons go into mass production?
(a) The Cult of the Eye Island.
(b) The Hidden Island Kingdom.
(c) No where yet.
(d) Beyond the Beyond.
13. What is happening to Woodcarver?
(a) She is assassinated.
(b) She is strengthened by a Johanna meld.
(c) Her time is running out.
(d) She is evolving to a Power.
14. When does Old One consider the Blight a threat?
(a) When the Blight sends out tendrils into the Transcend.
(b) When the Blight attacks Old One.
(c) He does not consider the Blight a threat.
(d) When the Blight engulfs the Slow Zone.
15. Who must do the talking at Saint Rihndell's Repair Harbor?
(d) The Riders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Steel view Amdijefri?
2. How does Pham seem to exist?
3. What worries Ravna about Greenstalk and Blueshell?
4. Who are the three butterflies?
5. What did Jefri's parents warn him to avoid?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)