|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the noise of the cannon do to Woodcarver?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Sends her into labor.
(c) Frightens her.
(d) Deafens her.
2. What do the most competent posters on the Net think about the Blight's interest in the High Beyond?
(a) The Blight hasn't the ability to find High Beyond.
(b) The Blight will lose interest in invading High Beyond.
(c) The Blight does not even know the High Beyond exists.
(d) The Blight will not lose interest in controlling the High Beyond.
3. What does Pham realize about Ravna?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is planning to betray Greenstalk.
(c) She has no human genes in her genetic makeup.
(d) She is only half human.
4. About what does Tyrathect worry?
(a) That Steel will accidentally wipe out organic life on the planet.
(b) That Woodcarver will fail against Steel.
(c) That she will not live through the new meld.
(d) That Steel will dispose of her when he no longer needs her.
5. What type of trances does Pham go into regularly?
(a) Post stress.
6. What could take 120 days?
(a) The time it takes for a Tine pack to gestate.
(b) The time it may take the Blight to get to the Slow Beyond.
(c) The trip to the Tines' world.
(d) The time it may take for Pham to finally integrate all his memories.
7. Who agrees with Pham's version of the shootout?
(d) No one.
8. What does Peregrine do to gain Johanna's release?
(a) Brings Woodcarver to confront Vendacious.
(c) Surrounds Vendacious with crack troops.
9. In what is Ravna unwilling to participate?
(a) Taking the offensive in war.
(b) Compromising with the Blight.
(c) Creating a new biological hazard.
10. What does Pham do before loosing consciousness?
(a) Captures the companion.
(b) Fires on and hits Greenstalk.
(c) Kills Ravan.
(d) Fires on and hits Blueshell.
11. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
(a) To toughen them.
(b) It's the only way to get to the alien ship.
(c) To flank Steel's army.
(d) To avoid detection.
12. How does Pham seem to exist?
(a) On air.
(b) By tapping into others' memories.
(c) In a private dreamworld.
(d) By reminding himself everyday of who he is.
13. What can't Pham see about Steel ambushing rescuers?
(a) How it would serve a purpose.
(b) That Steel might do it to gain a working space ship.
(c) That Steel would not ambush them until he understands the technology they bring.
(d) How Steel's primitive culture could effect any damage against OOB.
14. What does Pham don to go after Greenstalk?
(a) A chain mail vest.
(b) A keflar suit.
(c) A globe helmet.
(d) A specially modified pressure suit.
15. What does Pham suspect about Steel and Jefri?
(a) Steel plans to meld with Jefri.
(b) Steel has adopted Jefri.
(c) Steel plans to murder Jefri.
(d) Steel is manipulating Jefri.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Steel run out of patience?
2. Who are the three butterflies?
3. To what does Steel have a natural aversion?
4. What does Steel order ignited?
5. How big is the fleet that is pursuing OOB?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)