|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amdijefri find when exploring the dome?
(a) A stockpile of food.
(b) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) Evidence that Steel is the one who kills Jefri's parents.
2. What did Jefri's parents warn him to avoid?
(a) The radioactive engine compartment.
(b) The rot on the walls.
(c) The storage compartment on the first deck.
(d) Falling in with false friends.
3. What does Pham suspect about Steel and Jefri?
(a) Steel has adopted Jefri.
(b) Steel plans to murder Jefri.
(c) Steel plans to meld with Jefri.
(d) Steel is manipulating Jefri.
4. What does Steel project to the masses?
5. Who does Steel threaten to kill?
(b) His second in command.
(c) The entire population of the planet.
6. Why does OOB not go to Sjandra Kei?
(a) It is hostile to Pham.
(b) It is too far away.
(c) It is hostile to humans and Ravna would be in danger.
(d) It does not have the necessary materials.
7. What does Kratzi do?
(a) Tries to kill Johanna.
(b) Falls from the rapelling cliff.
(c) Dies defending Johanna.
(d) Signals the rescue ship prematurely.
8. When does Pham loosen restrictions on Blueshell?
(a) When the pursuers draw closer.
(b) When Blueshell agrees to a meld.
(c) When Blueshell shows Pham how to control the ship.
(d) When Blueshell passes the lie detector test.
9. What does Steel plan to do to the rescuers?
(a) Offer them leadership of the planet.
(b) Trap them.
(c) Offer them free land to settle on the planet.
(d) Kill them.
10. What is Steel's cover story?
(a) The gunpowder factory is merely for self defense.
(b) Disguised Woodcarvers have infiltrated.
(c) The nursery is protecting insane pups.
(d) The nursery is producing autistic pups.
11. What does Vendacious reveal to Johanna about Jefri?
(a) That he is in statis in Steel's castle.
(b) That he is fighting for the other side.
(c) That he is alive.
(d) That he has been rescued.
12. What is Steel happy about concerning the radio cloaks?
(a) That they are cheap to make.
(b) That they are beautiful as well as functional.
(c) That they are small enough to concel.
(d) That they are uncomfortable.
13. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
(a) Ravna's threat of suicide.
(b) OOB's ultradrive and automation fail and the workshop catches fire.
(c) Blueshell showing Pham there is no way to manipulate the vortex.
(d) Ravna threatens to contact the council.
14. What does Johanna find upsetting about the Tines' behavior in the wild?
(a) They do not bathe.
(b) They destroy trees for no reason.
(c) They litter.
(d) They kill forest creatures for fun more than necessity.
15. What does Pham want to be able to describe?
(a) How to convert sodium and ash to gunpowder.
(b) How it feels to have a godself die.
(c) How he is able to know the Old One's mind even after the Old One is dead.
(d) How the Old One commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woodcarver's route do for the march?
2. Who agrees with Pham's version of the shootout?
3. What does Pham say worked on Canberra?
4. What is Flenser subtly trying to undermine?
5. What type of trances does Pham go into regularly?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)