|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
(a) Ravna's threat of suicide.
(b) Blueshell showing Pham there is no way to manipulate the vortex.
(c) Ravna threatens to contact the council.
(d) OOB's ultradrive and automation fail and the workshop catches fire.
2. Why does OOB not go to Sjandra Kei?
(a) It does not have the necessary materials.
(b) It is hostile to humans and Ravna would be in danger.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) It is hostile to Pham.
3. What does Chitiratte wait impatiently to signal?
(a) The approach of the rescue ship.
(b) The end of the long cliffs they are rapelling.
(c) Johanna's assassination.
(d) The approach of Steel's army.
4. What is slowing OOB's progress?
(a) A vortex of time parses.
(b) A Great Zone Storm.
(c) A jump vortex.
(d) The Old One's mind drags them.
5. What does Steel plan to do to the rescuers?
(a) Offer them leadership of the planet.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Offer them free land to settle on the planet.
(d) Trap them.
6. What is Johanna doing as Pham aims his beam gun?
(a) Trying to get to Jefri.
(b) Manning the cannons.
(c) Trying to keep the attackers from running away.
(d) She is not at the battle as she is too gravely wounded.
7. What does Pham say worked on Canberra?
(a) A three-pronged attack against the Blight.
(b) Bypassing the trial-and-error that normally accompanies development of guns and radios.
(c) An attack on the reservoirs of knowledge.
(d) A virus against the Blight.
8. Who sees Johanna trying to attract Pham's attention?
9. What is Steel happy about concerning the radio cloaks?
(a) That they are small enough to concel.
(b) That they are cheap to make.
(c) That they are uncomfortable.
(d) That they are beautiful as well as functional.
10. What fails deep in the Slow Zone?
11. How does Steel view Amdijefri?
(a) As useless.
(b) As indispensible.
(c) As a traitor.
(d) As insolent.
12. How big is the fleet that is pursuing OOB?
13. What does Ravna deny to Svendndot?
(a) That the riders on OOB are agents of the Blight.
(b) That OOB plans to use the technology on the cargo cruiser they are rescuing.
(c) That OOB is harboring riders.
(d) That OOB belongs to the Alliance or the Blight.
14. With whom has Steel run out of patience?
(b) Woodcarver's army.
15. Who moves in with Johanna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steel worry that Amdijefri will see?
2. What is Steel inspecting?
3. Who races to rescue Jefri?
4. What happens just as Limmende and Skrits are about to order Svensndot to ignore OOB?
5. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)