|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johanna find upsetting about the Tines' behavior in the wild?
(a) They do not bathe.
(b) They destroy trees for no reason.
(c) They litter.
(d) They kill forest creatures for fun more than necessity.
2. Who agrees with Pham's version of the shootout?
(c) No one.
3. What does Ravna believe about Jefri's time frame?
(a) He will be melded in 100 days and she must get to him before he melds.
(b) He will stand trial in less than 60 days.
(c) He has less than 100 days to ward off attack.
(d) He will be executed in 10 days.
4. Why must Pham let Bluestalk fly him to the planet's surface?
(a) The landing boat lacks automation.
(b) So Bluestalk can be first out of the shuttle.
(c) To demonstrate that he trusts Bluestalk.
(d) So Pham has his hands free to fight.
5. What fails deep in the Slow Zone?
6. What type of trances does Pham go into regularly?
(c) Post stress.
7. What does Steel project to the masses?
8. What is Johanna doing as Pham aims his beam gun?
(a) Manning the cannons.
(b) Trying to keep the attackers from running away.
(c) Trying to get to Jefri.
(d) She is not at the battle as she is too gravely wounded.
9. What is Steel's cover story?
(a) Disguised Woodcarvers have infiltrated.
(b) The gunpowder factory is merely for self defense.
(c) The nursery is producing autistic pups.
(d) The nursery is protecting insane pups.
10. How far off is Pham from target?
(a) 5000 klicks.
(b) 100 million klicks.
(c) He is right on.
(d) 20 million klicks.
11. How does Woodcarver's army lose many members?
(a) Dying in an earthquake.
(b) Attack from a pack of wolves.
(c) From an overhead attack by a plane.
(d) Falling off a precipice.
12. What bothers Woodcarver about Vendacious?
(a) His ability to hide his intentions.
(b) His torture of Johanna.
(c) His execution being quick and merciful.
(d) Keeping him prisoner.
13. What do those aboard OOB hope about the Zone storm?
(a) That it will widen the boundaries of the Beyond.
(b) That it will pass in hours.
(c) That it will bypass them altogether.
(d) That it will narrow the boundaries of the Slow Zone.
14. Where do gunpowder and cannons go into mass production?
(a) The Hidden Island Kingdom.
(b) Beyond the Beyond.
(c) No where yet.
(d) The Cult of the Eye Island.
15. Who talks about the illusion of self awareness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greenstalk say must be repaired soon?
2. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
3. How does Pham seem to exist?
4. Who sees Johanna trying to attract Pham's attention?
5. What does Pham tell Ravna is real?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)