|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the noise of the cannon do to Woodcarver?
(a) Frightens her.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Deafens her.
(d) Sends her into labor.
2. What is Johanna doing as Pham aims his beam gun?
(a) Manning the cannons.
(b) Trying to keep the attackers from running away.
(c) Trying to get to Jefri.
(d) She is not at the battle as she is too gravely wounded.
3. What is happening to Woodcarver?
(a) She is evolving to a Power.
(b) Her time is running out.
(c) She is assassinated.
(d) She is strengthened by a Johanna meld.
4. What is Flenser subtly trying to undermine?
(a) Steel's thoughts.
(b) The way the rescue ship perceives the planet's organization.
(c) Woodcarver's position as leader.
(d) Amdijefri's respect for Steel.
5. What does Pham realize about Ravna?
(a) She is planning to betray Greenstalk.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is only half human.
(d) She has no human genes in her genetic makeup.
6. What does Steel worry that Amdijefri will see?
(a) The way he tortures newborn pups.
(b) Through his mask.
(c) That Steel intends to kill Amdijefri.
(d) The fact that Johanna is alive.
7. Who races to rescue Jefri?
8. What does Greenstalk say must be repaired soon?
(a) The damaged ultradrive spines.
(b) The transponder.
(c) The glitch in Pham's memories.
(d) The hyperdrive belts.
9. What does Pham do during the downtime of the Zone storm?
(a) Stays in godshatter.
(b) Plots ships' locations.
(c) Talks with Ravna.
10. What does Peregrine do to gain Johanna's release?
(c) Surrounds Vendacious with crack troops.
(d) Brings Woodcarver to confront Vendacious.
11. What happens just as Limmende and Skrits are about to order Svensndot to ignore OOB?
(a) The Alliance arrives with more ships.
(b) The riders preempt the channel and broadcast their position to the Blight.
(c) Communications end.
(d) The Blight withdraws.
12. Who are out for revenge?
(a) Ravna and Pham.
(b) The Aparhanti.
(c) The Sjandra Kei survivors.
(d) The Blueshells.
13. What does Ravna deny to Svendndot?
(a) That OOB belongs to the Alliance or the Blight.
(b) That the riders on OOB are agents of the Blight.
(c) That OOB plans to use the technology on the cargo cruiser they are rescuing.
(d) That OOB is harboring riders.
14. Who talks about the illusion of self awareness?
15. What does Pham suspect about Steel and Jefri?
(a) Steel plans to murder Jefri.
(b) Steel has adopted Jefri.
(c) Steel plans to meld with Jefri.
(d) Steel is manipulating Jefri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the most competent posters on the Net think about the Blight's interest in the High Beyond?
2. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
3. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
4. When does Pham loosen restrictions on Blueshell?
5. What does Pham tell Ravna is real?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)