|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves in with Johanna?
2. When does Old One consider the Blight a threat?
(a) He does not consider the Blight a threat.
(b) When the Blight sends out tendrils into the Transcend.
(c) When the Blight attacks Old One.
(d) When the Blight engulfs the Slow Zone.
3. What does Ravna believe about Jefri's time frame?
(a) He will stand trial in less than 60 days.
(b) He will be melded in 100 days and she must get to him before he melds.
(c) He will be executed in 10 days.
(d) He has less than 100 days to ward off attack.
4. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) The Old One.
(c) The Blight.
(d) The inhabitants of Earth several billion years ago.
5. What happens just as Limmende and Skrits are about to order Svensndot to ignore OOB?
(a) The Alliance arrives with more ships.
(b) The Blight withdraws.
(c) Communications end.
(d) The riders preempt the channel and broadcast their position to the Blight.
6. Why must Pham let Bluestalk fly him to the planet's surface?
(a) The landing boat lacks automation.
(b) So Bluestalk can be first out of the shuttle.
(c) So Pham has his hands free to fight.
(d) To demonstrate that he trusts Bluestalk.
7. How does Tyrathect feel when using the new radio outfit?
8. How does the gray fungus examine a puppy's brain?
(a) By passing filaments painlessly inside.
(b) By taking over the brain stem.
(c) It has not learned to to that yet.
(d) By entwining itself throughout the brain cells.
9. What must OOB do at the opening of chapter 25?
(a) Be retrofitted with a quantum drive.
(b) Put in for repairs.
(c) Be fitted for slow beyond.
(d) Be made capable of light speed.
10. When are the 152 ships pursuing Pham due?
(a) In ten days.
(c) In three months.
(d) In 48 hours.
11. What does Scrupilo warn Woodcarver about Steel?
(a) That Steel must have some unknown advantage.
(b) That Steel's weakspot can actually help him against Woodcarver's army.
(c) That Steel will effect mass murder if he wins.
(d) That Steel is utterly ruthless.
12. Who takes over control of the fighting from Scrupilo?
13. What does Greenstalk say must be repaired soon?
(a) The damaged ultradrive spines.
(b) The hyperdrive belts.
(c) The glitch in Pham's memories.
(d) The transponder.
14. What is Steel inspecting?
(a) The factory for producing gunpowder.
(b) The cannon Jefri has constructed.
(c) The Tine nursery.
(d) The construction zone around the ship.
15. Who are out for revenge?
(a) Ravna and Pham.
(b) The Aparhanti.
(c) The Sjandra Kei survivors.
(d) The Blueshells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Ravna about Greenstalk and Blueshell?
2. What does Pham suspect about Steel and Jefri?
3. Who must do the talking at Saint Rihndell's Repair Harbor?
4. What fails deep in the Slow Zone?
5. What does Steel project to the masses?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)