|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Jefri send?
(a) A machine to wake the children.
(b) A conference with Woodcarver's realm.
(c) Word about his sister.
(d) A modified acoustic interface for the radio.
2. What does Steel plan to do to the rescuers?
(a) Offer them free land to settle on the planet.
(b) Offer them leadership of the planet.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Trap them.
3. To what does Steel have a natural aversion?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Being touched.
(c) Being mentally perused.
(d) Eating animal flesh.
4. Why does Pham order a landing?
(a) He sees Johanna waving.
(b) His shuttle is hit and no longer functional.
(c) He wants to question Jefri.
(d) He is out of fuel.
5. How does the gray fungus examine a puppy's brain?
(a) It has not learned to to that yet.
(b) By entwining itself throughout the brain cells.
(c) By taking over the brain stem.
(d) By passing filaments painlessly inside.
6. What fails deep in the Slow Zone?
7. What does Chitiratte wait impatiently to signal?
(a) Johanna's assassination.
(b) The approach of the rescue ship.
(c) The approach of Steel's army.
(d) The end of the long cliffs they are rapelling.
8. What does Woodcarver's route do for the march?
(a) Adds agonizing days.
(b) Makes it easier.
(c) Shortens it by 2 weeks.
(d) Makes it a more direct shot.
9. What does Johanna find upsetting about the Tines' behavior in the wild?
(a) They litter.
(b) They do not bathe.
(c) They kill forest creatures for fun more than necessity.
(d) They destroy trees for no reason.
10. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
(a) The Blight.
(b) The inhabitants of Earth several billion years ago.
(c) The Old One.
(d) She has no idea.
11. How does Steel view Amdijefri?
(a) As a traitor.
(b) As insolent.
(c) As indispensible.
(d) As useless.
12. What is slowing OOB's progress?
(a) A jump vortex.
(b) The Old One's mind drags them.
(c) A Great Zone Storm.
(d) A vortex of time parses.
13. What does Steel order ignited?
(a) The forest at Woodcarver's flank.
(b) The radio cloaks.
(d) The outer pool of oil.
14. What is happening to Woodcarver?
(a) She is evolving to a Power.
(b) She is strengthened by a Johanna meld.
(c) She is assassinated.
(d) Her time is running out.
15. What could take 120 days?
(a) The time it takes for a Tine pack to gestate.
(b) The trip to the Tines' world.
(c) The time it may take for Pham to finally integrate all his memories.
(d) The time it may take the Blight to get to the Slow Beyond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pham don to go after Greenstalk?
2. When are the 152 ships pursuing Pham due?
3. What is Steel happy about concerning the radio cloaks?
4. How far off is Pham from target?
5. Why must Pham let Bluestalk fly him to the planet's surface?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)