|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyrathect contemplate?
(a) Getting rid of Steel.
(b) Spreading out over the northland.
(c) Giving Steel a new pup.
(d) Melding with Steel.
2. What worries Ravna about Greenstalk and Blueshell?
(a) That they are waiting to act until they find the recorder device on Olndot's cargo ship.
(b) That they work from a deep compulsion set on them.
(c) That they carry the Blight's blueprint.
(d) That she is mistaken about them.
3. How far off is Pham from target?
(a) He is right on.
(b) 20 million klicks.
(c) 100 million klicks.
(d) 5000 klicks.
4. Who sees Johanna trying to attract Pham's attention?
5. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
(a) To avoid detection.
(b) To toughen them.
(c) It's the only way to get to the alien ship.
(d) To flank Steel's army.
6. What does Greenstalk explain about the Zones?
(a) He makes no comments about the Zones.
(b) They are in flux.
(c) They are stable.
(d) They are about to dissolve.
7. How does Steel view Amdijefri?
(a) As a traitor.
(b) As indispensible.
(c) As useless.
(d) As insolent.
8. What does Steel plan to do to the rescuers?
(a) Trap them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Offer them free land to settle on the planet.
(d) Offer them leadership of the planet.
9. Where does OOB decide to go?
(a) The Harmonious Quintet.
(b) The Repose of Harmony.
(c) The Planet of Repose.
(d) Harmonious Repose.
10. Who does Steel threaten to kill?
(b) His second in command.
(d) The entire population of the planet.
11. What is slowing OOB's progress?
(a) The Old One's mind drags them.
(b) A Great Zone Storm.
(c) A jump vortex.
(d) A vortex of time parses.
12. What does Pham tell Ravna is real?
(a) The Riders' myth.
(b) His memory of pre-Blight times.
(c) The new boundary.
(d) The Blight on the cargo ship.
13. What does Peregrine do to gain Johanna's release?
(a) Surrounds Vendacious with crack troops.
(d) Brings Woodcarver to confront Vendacious.
14. Why must Pham let Bluestalk fly him to the planet's surface?
(a) To demonstrate that he trusts Bluestalk.
(b) So Bluestalk can be first out of the shuttle.
(c) The landing boat lacks automation.
(d) So Pham has his hands free to fight.
15. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) The inhabitants of Earth several billion years ago.
(c) The Old One.
(d) The Blight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Pham see about Steel ambushing rescuers?
2. Why does OOB not go to Sjandra Kei?
3. Who races to rescue Jefri?
4. What happens just as Limmende and Skrits are about to order Svensndot to ignore OOB?
5. What fails deep in the Slow Zone?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)