|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Tyrathect worry?
(a) That she will not live through the new meld.
(b) That Steel will dispose of her when he no longer needs her.
(c) That Steel will accidentally wipe out organic life on the planet.
(d) That Woodcarver will fail against Steel.
2. What are Riders through their skrodes?
(a) Hidden smart bombs.
(d) It is uncertain.
3. What does Ravna believe about Jefri's time frame?
(a) He will be melded in 100 days and she must get to him before he melds.
(b) He has less than 100 days to ward off attack.
(c) He will stand trial in less than 60 days.
(d) He will be executed in 10 days.
4. Who sees Johanna trying to attract Pham's attention?
5. What does Johanna find upsetting about the Tines' behavior in the wild?
(a) They do not bathe.
(b) They litter.
(c) They kill forest creatures for fun more than necessity.
(d) They destroy trees for no reason.
6. Who takes over control of the fighting from Scrupilo?
7. What does Greenstalk say must be repaired soon?
(a) The transponder.
(b) The hyperdrive belts.
(c) The damaged ultradrive spines.
(d) The glitch in Pham's memories.
8. When are the 152 ships pursuing Pham due?
(a) In ten days.
(c) In three months.
(d) In 48 hours.
9. What does Scrupilo warn Woodcarver about Steel?
(a) That Steel is utterly ruthless.
(b) That Steel will effect mass murder if he wins.
(c) That Steel must have some unknown advantage.
(d) That Steel's weakspot can actually help him against Woodcarver's army.
10. What bothers Woodcarver about Vendacious?
(a) His ability to hide his intentions.
(b) His torture of Johanna.
(c) Keeping him prisoner.
(d) His execution being quick and merciful.
11. Who agrees with Pham's version of the shootout?
(c) No one.
12. Where does OOB decide to go?
(a) The Harmonious Quintet.
(b) The Planet of Repose.
(c) Harmonious Repose.
(d) The Repose of Harmony.
13. Where has Johanna been working?
(a) In the computer lab.
(b) In the commissary.
(c) In the field hospital.
(d) In the cannon factory.
14. What does Pham learn that Jefri's parents have done?
(a) Placed a countermeasure to the Blight on the ship.
(b) Left Jefri with a means of defeating Woodcarver's country.
(d) Left complex instructions for resurrecting the children in sleep.
15. What does Pham want to be able to describe?
(a) How the Old One commits suicide.
(b) How he is able to know the Old One's mind even after the Old One is dead.
(c) How to convert sodium and ash to gunpowder.
(d) How it feels to have a godself die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are out for revenge?
2. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
3. Why does OOB not go to Sjandra Kei?
4. Who races to rescue Jefri?
5. Why does Pham power up his weapons?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)