|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pham say worked on Canberra?
(a) A virus against the Blight.
(b) An attack on the reservoirs of knowledge.
(c) Bypassing the trial-and-error that normally accompanies development of guns and radios.
(d) A three-pronged attack against the Blight.
2. What does Pham order for the Riders?
(a) To be put into suspended sleep.
(b) To be deep spaced.
(c) To be subjected to mind meld to learn of their plans.
(d) To be confined to their quarters.
3. Why does Pham power up his weapons?
(a) He is testing them.
(b) He senses an ambush.
(c) He is demonstrating how they work.
(d) He accidentally hits the on button.
4. What does Pham want to be able to describe?
(a) How it feels to have a godself die.
(b) How he is able to know the Old One's mind even after the Old One is dead.
(c) How the Old One commits suicide.
(d) How to convert sodium and ash to gunpowder.
5. With whom has Steel run out of patience?
(b) Woodcarver's army.
6. What is Flenser subtly trying to undermine?
(a) The way the rescue ship perceives the planet's organization.
(b) Steel's thoughts.
(c) Amdijefri's respect for Steel.
(d) Woodcarver's position as leader.
7. How does Tyrathect feel when using the new radio outfit?
8. What fails deep in the Slow Zone?
9. What is Johanna doing as Pham aims his beam gun?
(a) Trying to keep the attackers from running away.
(b) She is not at the battle as she is too gravely wounded.
(c) Trying to get to Jefri.
(d) Manning the cannons.
10. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
(a) To toughen them.
(b) To flank Steel's army.
(c) To avoid detection.
(d) It's the only way to get to the alien ship.
11. What does Pham realize about Ravna?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is only half human.
(c) She has no human genes in her genetic makeup.
(d) She is planning to betray Greenstalk.
12. What does Ravna deny to Svendndot?
(a) That the riders on OOB are agents of the Blight.
(b) That OOB is harboring riders.
(c) That OOB belongs to the Alliance or the Blight.
(d) That OOB plans to use the technology on the cargo cruiser they are rescuing.
13. What does Steel order ignited?
(a) The radio cloaks.
(b) The outer pool of oil.
(d) The forest at Woodcarver's flank.
14. What is happening to Woodcarver?
(a) She is evolving to a Power.
(b) Her time is running out.
(c) She is assassinated.
(d) She is strengthened by a Johanna meld.
15. What could take 120 days?
(a) The trip to the Tines' world.
(b) The time it takes for a Tine pack to gestate.
(c) The time it may take for Pham to finally integrate all his memories.
(d) The time it may take the Blight to get to the Slow Beyond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
2. Why does Pham order a landing?
3. How many children are revived?
4. What does the noise of the cannon do to Woodcarver?
5. What does Pham tell Ravna is real?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)