|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Steel threaten to kill?
(c) The entire population of the planet.
(d) His second in command.
2. What does Pham order for the Riders?
(a) To be subjected to mind meld to learn of their plans.
(b) To be confined to their quarters.
(c) To be put into suspended sleep.
(d) To be deep spaced.
3. To what does Steel have a natural aversion?
(a) Being touched.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Being mentally perused.
(d) Eating animal flesh.
4. What does Pham don to go after Greenstalk?
(a) A globe helmet.
(b) A specially modified pressure suit.
(c) A keflar suit.
(d) A chain mail vest.
5. What does Pham learn that Jefri's parents have done?
(a) Placed a countermeasure to the Blight on the ship.
(c) Left Jefri with a means of defeating Woodcarver's country.
(d) Left complex instructions for resurrecting the children in sleep.
6. What happens just as Limmende and Skrits are about to order Svensndot to ignore OOB?
(a) Communications end.
(b) The Alliance arrives with more ships.
(c) The Blight withdraws.
(d) The riders preempt the channel and broadcast their position to the Blight.
7. How does Pham seem to exist?
(a) By tapping into others' memories.
(b) In a private dreamworld.
(c) By reminding himself everyday of who he is.
(d) On air.
8. Why does OOB not go to Sjandra Kei?
(a) It is hostile to Pham.
(b) It does not have the necessary materials.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) It is hostile to humans and Ravna would be in danger.
9. What does Steel order ignited?
(a) The radio cloaks.
(b) The outer pool of oil.
(d) The forest at Woodcarver's flank.
10. What are Riders through their skrodes?
(a) It is uncertain.
(b) Hidden smart bombs.
11. Who talks about the illusion of self awareness?
12. Why does Vendacious lead Woodcarver's army through such rugged land?
(a) To avoid detection.
(b) To flank Steel's army.
(c) It's the only way to get to the alien ship.
(d) To toughen them.
13. For what does Jefri send?
(a) A modified acoustic interface for the radio.
(b) A conference with Woodcarver's realm.
(c) Word about his sister.
(d) A machine to wake the children.
14. Why does Pham order a landing?
(a) He sees Johanna waving.
(b) He is out of fuel.
(c) His shuttle is hit and no longer functional.
(d) He wants to question Jefri.
15. In what is Ravna unwilling to participate?
(a) Creating a new biological hazard.
(b) Compromising with the Blight.
(d) Taking the offensive in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greenstalk explain about the Zones?
2. Where has Johanna been working?
3. Who are out for revenge?
4. What does the noise of the cannon do to Woodcarver?
5. What is happening to Woodcarver?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)