|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children are revived?
2. What does Tyrathect contemplate?
(a) Getting rid of Steel.
(b) Giving Steel a new pup.
(c) Melding with Steel.
(d) Spreading out over the northland.
3. What does Pham do before loosing consciousness?
(a) Fires on and hits Greenstalk.
(b) Kills Ravan.
(c) Captures the companion.
(d) Fires on and hits Blueshell.
4. What does Skinner ask Pham to do?
(a) Drop weapons to the waiting troops.
(b) Land inside the courtyard.
(c) Kill all the invaders.
(d) Wait to land until the invaders have been repealed.
5. What are Woodcarver's new pups taking away from her?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her long view.
(d) Her vitality.
6. What does Ravna deny to Svendndot?
(a) That the riders on OOB are agents of the Blight.
(b) That OOB belongs to the Alliance or the Blight.
(c) That OOB plans to use the technology on the cargo cruiser they are rescuing.
(d) That OOB is harboring riders.
7. Who are out for revenge?
(a) The Aparhanti.
(b) The Blueshells.
(c) Ravna and Pham.
(d) The Sjandra Kei survivors.
8. What does Woodcarver's route do for the march?
(a) Shortens it by 2 weeks.
(b) Makes it easier.
(c) Makes it a more direct shot.
(d) Adds agonizing days.
9. Why does OOB not go to Sjandra Kei?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) It is hostile to humans and Ravna would be in danger.
(c) It does not have the necessary materials.
(d) It is hostile to Pham.
10. What does Kratzi do?
(a) Dies defending Johanna.
(b) Signals the rescue ship prematurely.
(c) Falls from the rapelling cliff.
(d) Tries to kill Johanna.
11. Who does Ravna think created the Riders?
(a) The Old One.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) The inhabitants of Earth several billion years ago.
(d) The Blight.
12. What can't Pham see about Steel ambushing rescuers?
(a) That Steel might do it to gain a working space ship.
(b) How it would serve a purpose.
(c) How Steel's primitive culture could effect any damage against OOB.
(d) That Steel would not ambush them until he understands the technology they bring.
13. What does Pham say worked on Canberra?
(a) A virus against the Blight.
(b) An attack on the reservoirs of knowledge.
(c) Bypassing the trial-and-error that normally accompanies development of guns and radios.
(d) A three-pronged attack against the Blight.
14. What prompts Pham to agree to contacting Kjet Svendndot?
(a) Ravna's threat of suicide.
(b) Blueshell showing Pham there is no way to manipulate the vortex.
(c) Ravna threatens to contact the council.
(d) OOB's ultradrive and automation fail and the workshop catches fire.
15. When are the 152 ships pursuing Pham due?
(b) In ten days.
(c) In 48 hours.
(d) In three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greenstalk explain about the Zones?
2. What type of trances does Pham go into regularly?
3. What is Johanna doing as Pham aims his beam gun?
4. Why does Pham power up his weapons?
5. What do those aboard OOB hope about the Zone storm?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)