|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pete realizes that the Preacher Man had _________ him, according to the book.
2. What does Pete immediately go to once he is done with his dinner?
3. Rufus tells the Preacher Man that he has never met anyone from __________ before.
4. After a while, Pete began to miss _________ and he began to get over the Preacher Man.
5. What brings back good memories of Pete and his family, when Pete is alone and trying to pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pete decide to give to Rufus after he leaves, according to the letter he'd written?
2. Why does Pete have absolute faith in the Preacher Man, despite all of the worries that Pete has?
3. What are the things that Pete worries about when he is getting ready to leave with the Preacher Man?
4. What did Pete's mother do when Pete was upset and feeling like he had lost his faith?
5. What does Pete ask Rufus when Rufus comes to visit him, according to the story?
6. What does Pete say that the Preacher Man will do for him when he is away?
7. What does Pete remember feeling about his father when he was younger, according to the story?
8. Why does Pete think it's a good idea for him to leave with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
9. What makes Pete feel bad when his mother comes in with the groceries after she has run errands?
10. What were some of the possible explanations, according to Pete, as to why the Preacher Man didn't show up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pete feels that the Preacher Man is speaking directly to him when he goes to the revival.
Part 1: Why do you think Pete is so affected by the Preacher Man?
Part 2: Do you think that the Preacher Man is speaking directly to Pete?
Part 3: How do you think you might react in a revival setting?
Essay Topic 2
Rufus thinks that Pete has seemed a little dopey ever since he'd been saved.
Part 1: What do you think Rufus thinks about Pete's religious way of life?
Part 2: Do you think that Pete is being dopey in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Pete is offended when Rufus tells him that he is being dopey?
Essay Topic 3
Being saved helps Pete feel inspired and joyful, which makes him wish that he could be saved again.
Part 1: Why do you think being saved is such a joyful experience?
Part 2: Do you think that being saved might fill you with joy?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change once they were saved?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)