|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete look at as he leaves the place where the Preacher Man is?
2. _________ asks Pete if he is mad at him since Pete seemed to be avoiding this person.
3. What does Rufus do when he leaves Pete at his home, after the truth had come out?
4. What is Joan's role in the church, according to Pete, as she walks by Pete as he waits?
5. Who has the Preacher Man corned when Pete waits outside for him to come back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that Pete does the morning after he doesn't meet up with the Preacher Man?
2. What are the things that Pete worries about when he is getting ready to leave with the Preacher Man?
3. What does Pete do in response to the guilt he feels for leaving behind his family?
4. What does Pete ask Rufus when Rufus comes to visit him, according to the story?
5. What had Walter encouraged Pete to become when he was much younger?
6. Why does Pete have absolute faith in the Preacher Man, despite all of the worries that Pete has?
7. What does Pete say that the Preacher Man will do for him when he is away?
8. What does Pete remember feeling about his father when he was younger, according to the story?
9. Why does Pete give up when he goes to wait outside for the Preacher Man?
10. What is Pete's initial reaction to what Rufus tells him about the Preacher Man and what had happened the previous night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Preacher Man talks to Pete about his wilder past, but Pete doesn't want to talk about that.
Part 1: Do you think it was a good idea for the Preacher Man to be so honest with Pete?
Part 2: Would you want to know about the negative things in the past of a person you admire?
Part 3: Why do you think the Preacher Man decided to tell Pete about his past?
Essay Topic 2
Pete feels that the Preacher Man is speaking directly to him when he goes to the revival.
Part 1: Why do you think Pete is so affected by the Preacher Man?
Part 2: Do you think that the Preacher Man is speaking directly to Pete?
Part 3: How do you think you might react in a revival setting?
Essay Topic 3
Pete is torn when he begins to get ready to leave town with the Preacher Man, and he has a number of emotions come up before he leaves.
Part 1: Why do you think Pete feels badly about leaving his parents behind?
Part 2: Do you think that Pete is making the right decision to head off with the Preacher Man?
Part 3: How do you think Pete might be able to leave without feeling badly?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)