|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Pete about the revival after he first wakes up in the morning and has breakfast?
2. What on Jesus' face seemed to draw Pete toward him, so much so that he couldn't stop looking at him?
3. What is the cross made out of, according to the story in the book?
4. What does Pete tell Rufus that leaves Rufus feeling baffled by the comment, according to the book?
5. What does the Preacher Man ask Pete if he wants after the sermon is over and the Preacher Man reaches out for Pete's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pete and the Preacher Man do after the Preacher Man buys him a soda?
2. What comes off of the pieces of the item that has been kept in the drawer for nearly a year?
3. What does Pete feel about going to church the next night, after seeing his father's reaction to the news of being saved?
4. What was Pete feeling about his connection to God after he woke up the next morning?
5. What did Pete feel embarrassed about the day after his first encounter with the Preacher Man?
6. What was the reaction that Pete had to the Preacher Man, the more that he listened to him?
7. What was Pete doing in the drugstore when he didn't want the Preacher Man to see him?
8. What does Pete tell his parents about the fact that they never go to church together when they are sitting together eating breakfast?
9. Why did Pete want to leave the revival service on the first night it occurs in the story?
10. What happened, according to Pete, to the congregation when the service was over with the Preacher Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rufus thinks that Pete has seemed a little dopey ever since he'd been saved.
Part 1: What do you think Rufus thinks about Pete's religious way of life?
Part 2: Do you think that Pete is being dopey in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think Pete is offended when Rufus tells him that he is being dopey?
Essay Topic 2
Being saved helps Pete feel inspired and joyful, which makes him wish that he could be saved again.
Part 1: Why do you think being saved is such a joyful experience?
Part 2: Do you think that being saved might fill you with joy?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change once they were saved?
Essay Topic 3
Pete is asked if he wants to be saved and he agrees, and then faints after the moment.
Part 1: What is so important about being saved?
Part 2: Why do you think Pete gets overwhelmed with the idea of being saved?
Part 3: How do you think you might respond if someone asked you if you wanted to be saved?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)