|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pete's mother leave for him in his room, which made Pete realize she supported him?
2. Who is Pete disappointed to see when he is waiting for the Preacher Man to arrive?
3. Who asks Pete about the revival after he first wakes up in the morning and has breakfast?
4. What does the Preacher Man do after the service is over and he's out with the people?
5. The broken hidden _________ has been in the drawer for nearly a year, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened, according to Pete, to the congregation when the service was over with the Preacher Man?
2. Why would the idea and the picture Jesus sometimes frighten Pete, even though he liked Jesus?
3. What will make getting rid of the item in the drawer much easier, according to the story?
4. What does Pete feel about the man that comes into town, according to the story?
5. Why did Pete's grandfather not want to take his glasses off when he was baptized?
6. When was the first time that Pete saw the Preacher Man come into town, according to the story?
7. What did Pete feel embarrassed about the day after his first encounter with the Preacher Man?
8. What was the reaction that Pete had to the Preacher Man, the more that he listened to him?
9. What is the warning that the Preacher Man gives to Pete about Rufus in his life?
10. What would happen on Sundays at church, according to Pete as he tells the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rufus decided that he was a confirmed atheist, which was completely different from Pete's point of view on life.
Part 1: Do you think a Christian and a non-Christian can get along?
Part 2: Why do you think Rufus considers himself an atheist at such a young age?
Part 3: How do you think religion factors into a friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Rufus points out that when Pete is around the Preacher Man he acts like a robot and that he seems a bit dopey and taken by this man.
Part 1: Do you think that Pete is taken by the Preacher Man?
Part 2: Do you agree or disagree with the way that Rufus feels about the situation? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think that Pete might not be thinking clearly when he's with the Preacher Man?
Essay Topic 3
Being saved helps Pete feel inspired and joyful, which makes him wish that he could be saved again.
Part 1: Why do you think being saved is such a joyful experience?
Part 2: Do you think that being saved might fill you with joy?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life might change once they were saved?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)