|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pete worried about what he might say in ____________ to his parents, according to the book.
(a) A meeting.
(b) A conversation.
(c) His prayers.
(d) His goodbye note.
2. Pete realizes that the Preacher Man had _________ him, according to the book.
(a) Lost faith in.
(b) Wanted to hurt.
3. What does Pete do because he feels guilty about his plans to go off with the Preacher Man?
(a) Clean his bike.
4. Rufus tells the Preacher Man that he has never met anyone from __________ before.
5. Pete's parents decide to __________ that summer after offering to help him with his problems.
(a) Ground him.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Go away.
(d) Tell the police about the Preacher Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Preacher Man, according to Pete, would make sure that he __________ and would take care of him.
2. Who does Pete yell at when he learns what had happened to the Preacher Man?
3. Where does the Preacher Man say he is from when Rufus asks him where he came from?
4. What does Pete immediately go to once he is done with his dinner?
5. How long was it before Darlene returned to town amidst all of the rumors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Pete feel bad when his mother comes in with the groceries after she has run errands?
2. What is Pete's initial reaction to what Rufus tells him about the Preacher Man and what had happened the previous night?
3. Why does Pete give up when he goes to wait outside for the Preacher Man?
4. What happens when Pete is waiting at the meeting place for the Preacher Man to arrive?
5. What does Rufus tell Pete about how the Preacher Man is affecting Pete, according to the story?
6. What are the things that Pete worries about when he is getting ready to leave with the Preacher Man?
7. What does Pete tell his parents will happen after he attends the revival event that evening?
8. What does Pete do in response to the guilt he feels for leaving behind his family?
9. What does Rufus reveal to Pete about what had actually happened with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
10. Why does Pete think it's a good idea for him to leave with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)