|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sitting out in the bushes, waiting for the time when the Preacher Man meets with Pete?
(a) A spare gun.
(b) Pete's bike.
(c) Duffel bag.
2. Where did the rumors say that the car was left during the journey out of town?
(a) Pete's house.
(b) Bus station.
3. Pete feels that the Preacher Man must be lonely when he talks about Jesus having _________ with him.
(a) The truth.
(b) The Bible.
(d) The hand of God.
4. Pete feels that it is _________ will that he go with the Preacher Man and travel with him.
(b) The Preacher's.
(c) The Holy Spirit's.
(d) His own.
5. Pete also worried that if he left if __________ would come after him, according to the book.
(a) The devil.
(b) The police.
(c) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pete worried about what he might say in ____________ to his parents, according to the book.
2. What does Pete help his mother with when she comes home from her errands?
3. What happened the next time that Pete tried to spot the person he didn't expect to see?
4. What is Joan's role in the church, according to Pete, as she walks by Pete as he waits?
5. What does Pete do because he feels guilty about his plans to go off with the Preacher Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pete do in response to the guilt he feels for leaving behind his family?
2. What happens when Pete is waiting at the meeting place for the Preacher Man to arrive?
3. Why does Pete give up when he goes to wait outside for the Preacher Man?
4. What does Pete say that the Preacher Man will do for him when he is away?
5. What is the first thing that Pete does the morning after he doesn't meet up with the Preacher Man?
6. What is Pete's initial reaction to what Rufus tells him about the Preacher Man and what had happened the previous night?
7. What does Pete remember feeling about his father when he was younger, according to the story?
8. What does Rufus tell Pete about how the Preacher Man is affecting Pete, according to the story?
9. What does Pete ask Rufus when Rufus comes to visit him, according to the story?
10. What does Pete ask of his parents in the letter he had written to them, expecting to leave?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)