|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ says he doesn't know what happened to the Preacher Man the night he didn't show up.
2. Pete feels that it is _________ will that he go with the Preacher Man and travel with him.
(b) The Preacher's.
(c) The Holy Spirit's.
(d) His own.
3. What does Rufus confess to the Preacher Man when he looks into the Preacher Man's eyes?
(a) He loves Pete.
(b) He has not been saved.
(c) He thinks the Preacher Man is evil.
(d) He does not believe in God.
4. After a while, Pete began to miss _________ and he began to get over the Preacher Man.
(d) His parents.
5. Rufus tells Pete that the Preacher Man has him _________ in the head, as though warning him about the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time were Pete and the Preacher Man supposed to meet up?
2. In the end, Pete tells his parents in the letter that he _________ them both, which makes him sad to read.
3. Pete immediately feels dead without __________, according to the book.
4. Who does Pete yell at when he learns what had happened to the Preacher Man?
5. Where had Pete been waiting for the Preacher Man and Rufus had watched him the whole time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pete's initial reaction to what Rufus tells him about the Preacher Man and what had happened the previous night?
2. Why does Pete have absolute faith in the Preacher Man, despite all of the worries that Pete has?
3. What are the things that Pete worries about when he is getting ready to leave with the Preacher Man?
4. What does Rufus tell Pete about how the Preacher Man is affecting Pete, according to the story?
5. What were some of the possible explanations, according to Pete, as to why the Preacher Man didn't show up?
6. What does Pete decide to give to Rufus after he leaves, according to the letter he'd written?
7. What did Pete's mother do when Pete was upset and feeling like he had lost his faith?
8. What does Rufus reveal to Pete about what had actually happened with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
9. Why does Pete think it's a good idea for him to leave with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
10. What had Walter encouraged Pete to become when he was much younger?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)