|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Preacher Man go, leaving Pete feeling as though he is all alone?
2. Pete also worried that if he left if __________ would come after him, according to the book.
(a) His parents.
(b) The police.
(d) The devil.
3. The Preacher Man worries that Rufus might _______ Pete and tells Pete this when talking to him.
4. What does Pete remember watching his father do when he was a young boy?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Fixing telephone wires.
5. How many more nights would the Preacher Man be in town at this point of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rufus tells the Preacher Man that he has never met anyone from __________ before.
2. What happened the next time that Pete tried to spot the person he didn't expect to see?
3. Where does the Preacher Man say he is from when Rufus asks him where he came from?
4. Who did Pete think was calling his name when he heard his name at the start of this section?
5. Who tried to reach out to Pete in order to help him and told him that they loved him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pete tell his parents will happen after he attends the revival event that evening?
2. What does Pete decide to give to Rufus after he leaves, according to the letter he'd written?
3. What happens when Pete is waiting at the meeting place for the Preacher Man to arrive?
4. What is Pete's initial reaction to what Rufus tells him about the Preacher Man and what had happened the previous night?
5. What was the reaction of Darlene's parents to her leaving with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
6. What does Pete ask of his parents in the letter he had written to them, expecting to leave?
7. What does Rufus reveal to Pete about what had actually happened with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
8. Why does Pete think it's a good idea for him to leave with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
9. What does Pete say that the Preacher Man will do for him when he is away?
10. What had Walter encouraged Pete to become when he was much younger?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)