|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete do because he feels guilty about his plans to go off with the Preacher Man?
(d) Clean his bike.
2. Pete's parents decide to __________ that summer after offering to help him with his problems.
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Ground him.
(c) Go away.
(d) Tell the police about the Preacher Man.
3. Who does Pete hear calling his name when he is lying in bed after his failed meeting?
(a) The Preacher Man.
(b) His mom.
4. What did Darlene's dad supposedly have ready in order to get his daughter back?
(a) A hand gun.
(c) The local police squad.
(d) Loaded rifle.
5. Who did Pete think was calling his name when he heard his name at the start of this section?
(a) The Preacher Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Preacher asks Pete if he will ______________, and Pete agrees.
2. Where did the rumors say that the car was left during the journey out of town?
3. Who did Pete avoid as much as possible after he was crushed by what happened with the Preacher Man?
4. Rufus tells Pete that he will look after his ___________ when he is away.
5. The Preacher Man, according to Pete, would make sure that he __________ and would take care of him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pete is waiting at the meeting place for the Preacher Man to arrive?
2. What was the reaction of Darlene's parents to her leaving with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
3. Why does Pete think it's a good idea for him to leave with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
4. What happened when Darlene eventually returned to the town, according to Pete's storytelling?
5. What does Pete picture when he is sitting near the front row at the revival that night?
6. What is the first thing that Pete does the morning after he doesn't meet up with the Preacher Man?
7. What does Pete ask of his parents in the letter he had written to them, expecting to leave?
8. What does Rufus reveal to Pete about what had actually happened with the Preacher Man, according to the story?
9. Why does Pete give up when he goes to wait outside for the Preacher Man?
10. What had Walter encouraged Pete to become when he was much younger?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)