|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pete awakes and says prayers of __________ while feeling joyful about his life from the night before.
2. Pete wants his father to be _______ for him about his new religious life.
3. By _________ grade, the narrator considered himself to be very religious.
4. For how long has the Preacher Man been a revival preacher?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
5. What does Pete tell Rufus that leaves Rufus feeling baffled by the comment, according to the book?
(a) He believed again.
(b) He was praying again.
(c) He was saved.
(d) He was alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Preacher Man gets up in front of the church to call for _________.
2. Since what grade have Rufus and Pete been friends with each other, despite their differences?
3. What on Jesus' face seemed to draw Pete toward him, so much so that he couldn't stop looking at him?
4. What was the Preacher Man doing when the boy first saw him come toward the town?
5. What did Darlene put down in front of the man when he stood there for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Pete the more that he listened to the Preacher Man talk?
2. Why did Pete's grandfather not want to take his glasses off when he was baptized?
3. Why did Pete want to leave the revival service on the first night it occurs in the story?
4. What does Pete feel about the night before at the revival service, according to the story?
5. What happened when the Preacher Man takes Pete's hand after the service?
6. What did Pete and Rufus arrange to do when they saw each other at the drugstore one day?
7. What comes off of the pieces of the item that has been kept in the drawer for nearly a year?
8. What would happen on Sundays at church, according to Pete as he tells the story?
9. What was Pete's mother's reaction to the fact that Pete had been saved by the Preacher Man?
10. What happens when Rufus asks the Preacher Man if he has saved Pete, according to the story?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)