|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ did not come easy to the Preacher Man, according to his own admission, which surprises Pete.
2. What did Pete think about Rufus when he hears what the coach says about his friend? He thinks Rufus is _________.
(c) A little arrogant.
3. Pete rode his bike to the _________ in order to find the Preacher Man to talk to him again.
(c) Revival tent.
4. The other pastor that announces the Preacher Man is the ________ pastor of the gathering.
5. Who feels perturbed by Pete's new faith and asks him if they are ashamed of this person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pete looking at when he saw the man standing near the soda fountain?
2. What was the pronoun that Pete uses in order to refer to Jesus?
3. Who was stuck in the middle of the pew or else they think they might have left?
4. When Pete wakes up the next day, it seems as though the night before was a __________.
5. The more that Pete listened to the sermon, the more that he hungered for ____________, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pete and the Preacher Man do after the Preacher Man buys him a soda?
2. What has been kept in the drawer since the beginning of seventh grade, according to the story?
3. What does Pete tell his parents about the fact that they never go to church together when they are sitting together eating breakfast?
4. Why did Pete want to leave the revival service on the first night it occurs in the story?
5. Why did Pete's grandfather not want to take his glasses off when he was baptized?
6. What is the warning that the Preacher Man gives to Pete about Rufus in his life?
7. What will make getting rid of the item in the drawer much easier, according to the story?
8. Why would the idea and the picture Jesus sometimes frighten Pete, even though he liked Jesus?
9. What was Pete's mother's reaction to the fact that Pete had been saved by the Preacher Man?
10. Why did Pete like being friends with Rufus, even though they were completely different in many ways?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)