|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Pete's parents go back inside the house?
(a) Pete reads his Bible.
(b) Pete goes to church.
(c) Pete goes off with Rufus.
(d) Pete goes to bed.
2. When Pete went to church on Sunday, he was always quite taken in by the picture of __________.
3. What on Jesus' face seemed to draw Pete toward him, so much so that he couldn't stop looking at him?
4. During this particular summer in the book, Pete was feeling especially ___________ in his life.
5. The Preacher Man talks to Pete about how wondrous it is to wake up in ___________.
(b) A new town.
Short Answer Questions
1. The broken hidden _________ has been in the drawer for nearly a year, according to the book.
2. What does the narrator expect to wipe away from his hands after the story is done?
3. During what meal was Pete's family having some obvious tension in the room?
4. What was the religious ceremony that Pete's father talked about at the table?
5. What is the expression that Pete's dad had on his face that worried Pete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reaction that Pete had to the Preacher Man, the more that he listened to him?
2. What happened to Pete the more that he listened to the Preacher Man talk?
3. What would happen on Sundays at church, according to Pete as he tells the story?
4. Why did Pete like being friends with Rufus, even though they were completely different in many ways?
5. What happens when Rufus asks the Preacher Man if he has saved Pete, according to the story?
6. What has been kept in the drawer since the beginning of seventh grade, according to the story?
7. What does Pete feel about the man that comes into town, according to the story?
8. What happened, according to Pete, to the congregation when the service was over with the Preacher Man?
9. What does Pete want his father's reaction to be after Pete announces that he has been saved?
10. What did Pete do the day after the second night of the revival, according to the story?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)