|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears out of nowhere to help Pete as he walks home after the Preacher Man doesn't show up?
(b) Pete's mom.
2. Rufus tells Pete that he can not leave because his parents would be ___________, according to the story.
3. Who does Pete hear calling his name when he is lying in bed after his failed meeting?
(c) His mom.
(d) The Preacher Man.
4. Pete is so moved by the serve that he is __________ as he walked home from the revival.
5. What does Pete say that he will be doing at the church after dinner and after the service?
(d) Hanging out with Rufus.
6. Where does the Preacher Man go, leaving Pete feeling as though he is all alone?
7. Whose car did the Preacher Man and Darlene leave in when they left town together?
(d) They hitched.
8. The Preacher Man, according to Pete, would make sure that he __________ and would take care of him.
(a) Ate well.
(b) Went to school.
(c) Was happy.
(d) Led a good life.
9. No one could do anything about Darlene leaving because she was _________ and out of school.
(c) Of age.
(d) A free spirit.
10. The Preacher Man tells Pete that he could come with him and help others by _____________.
(a) Saving them.
(b) Being a young example.
(c) Singing for them.
(d) Organizing their faith.
11. The Preacher asks Pete if he will ______________, and Pete agrees.
(a) Leave Rufus.
(b) Leave his family to hell.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Come with him.
12. Pete's parents decide to __________ that summer after offering to help him with his problems.
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Go away.
(c) Tell the police about the Preacher Man.
(d) Ground him.
13. What does Pete look at as he leaves the place where the Preacher Man is?
14. Pete noted that he and the Preacher Man would be ________ for a while so his parents shouldn't look for him.
(b) Out of town.
(c) In trouble.
15. Who tells Pete that he will not be going anywhere with the Preacher Man, according to the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete help his mother with when she comes home from her errands?
2. Where did the rumors say that the car was left during the journey out of town?
3. The Preacher Man worries that Rufus might _______ Pete and tells Pete this when talking to him.
4. Who tried to reach out to Pete in order to help him and told him that they loved him?
5. What did Walter encourage his son to become, though Pete doesn't feel smart enough?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)