|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pete worried about what he might say in ____________ to his parents, according to the book.
(a) A meeting.
(b) His goodbye note.
(c) A conversation.
(d) His prayers.
2. The Preacher Man had told Pete to pack _________, so he packed with this idea in his mind.
3. Pete's parents decide to __________ that summer after offering to help him with his problems.
(a) Tell the police about the Preacher Man.
(b) Go away.
(c) Ground him.
(d) Leave him alone.
4. What does Pete help his mother with when she comes home from her errands?
5. What is Pete glad that his parents have not noticed he has taken from the house?
(b) Ceramic cross.
6. No one could do anything about Darlene leaving because she was _________ and out of school.
(a) Of age.
(c) A free spirit.
7. In the end, Pete tells his parents in the letter that he _________ them both, which makes him sad to read.
(c) Wants to be with.
8. Pete is at the dinner table the night before he leaves, wishing that he's had more __________ in life.
9. The Preacher asks Pete if he will ______________, and Pete agrees.
(a) Come with him.
(b) Leave his family to hell.
(c) Leave Rufus.
(d) Read the Bible.
10. What does Pete remember watching his father do when he was a young boy?
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Fixing telephone wires.
11. The Preacher Man talks about his past youth and how he often felt like ___________.
(a) An outcast.
(b) A disciple.
(c) A savior.
(d) A strong person.
12. Who does Pete yell at when he learns what had happened to the Preacher Man?
(a) No one.
13. How will Pete and the Preacher Man get out of town, according to the book?
(c) Take the bus.
(d) Steal a car.
14. The Preacher Man talks about how many people fall to his feet, as though he was ___________.
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) A non ordinary man.
(c) A rock star.
(d) An expert.
15. Pete feels that it is _________ will that he go with the Preacher Man and travel with him.
(b) The Preacher's.
(c) The Holy Spirit's.
(d) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joan's role in the church, according to Pete, as she walks by Pete as he waits?
2. When Pete was _______ years old, he thought that no one else in the world was braver than his father.
3. Rufus tells the Preacher Man that he has never met anyone from __________ before.
4. Pete tells himself that the Preacher Man could handle everything, that he had the __________.
5. The Preacher Man worries that Rufus might _______ Pete and tells Pete this when talking to him.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)