|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pete noted that he and the Preacher Man would be ________ for a while so his parents shouldn't look for him.
(a) In trouble.
(d) Out of town.
2. What did Walter encourage his son to become, though Pete doesn't feel smart enough?
3. In the end, Pete tells his parents in the letter that he _________ them both, which makes him sad to read.
(c) Wants to be with.
4. What brings back good memories of Pete and his family, when Pete is alone and trying to pack?
5. What does Pete immediately go to once he is done with his dinner?
(a) His bedroom.
6. Where had Pete been waiting for the Preacher Man and Rufus had watched him the whole time?
(a) Truck stop.
(c) Filing station.
7. The Preacher Man worries that Rufus might _______ Pete and tells Pete this when talking to him.
8. Where did the rumors say that the car was left during the journey out of town?
(b) Pete's house.
(d) Bus station.
9. Pete is at the dinner table the night before he leaves, wishing that he's had more __________ in life.
10. Pete feels that it is _________ will that he go with the Preacher Man and travel with him.
(a) His own.
(b) The Holy Spirit's.
(c) The Preacher's.
11. The Preacher Man, according to Pete, would make sure that he __________ and would take care of him.
(a) Was happy.
(b) Led a good life.
(c) Ate well.
(d) Went to school.
12. Who tried to reach out to Pete in order to help him and told him that they loved him?
(a) Pete's mom.
13. Pete immediately feels dead without __________, according to the book.
(a) His Bible.
(b) His dad.
(c) The Preacher Man.
14. Who has the Preacher Man corned when Pete waits outside for him to come back?
(b) Pete's mom.
15. At what time were Pete and the Preacher Man supposed to meet up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pete see when he attends the revival again, though they are near the back?
2. Who appears out of nowhere to help Pete as he walks home after the Preacher Man doesn't show up?
3. Pete was surprised that he was slightly _________ at the idea of leaving home and of leaving his family.
4. Pete worried about what he might say in ____________ to his parents, according to the book.
5. What does Pete look at as he leaves the place where the Preacher Man is?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)