|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pete realizes that the Preacher Man had _________ him, according to the book.
(a) Wanted to hurt.
(b) Lost faith in.
2. What does Pete help his mother with when she comes home from her errands?
3. Who tells Pete that he will not be going anywhere with the Preacher Man, according to the book?
4. What does the Preacher Man invite Pete to do with him when he is walking home?
(a) Preach the next night with him.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Get a soda.
(d) Pray with him.
5. Rufus tells Pete that the Preacher Man has him _________ in the head, as though warning him about the future.
6. Who appears out of nowhere to help Pete as he walks home after the Preacher Man doesn't show up?
(b) Pete's mom.
7. The Preacher asks Pete if he will ______________, and Pete agrees.
(a) Leave Rufus.
(b) Come with him.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Leave his family to hell.
8. Some people in town began to wonder if the Preacher Man was a __________ in disguise.
(d) CIA agent.
9. Pete worried about what he might say in ____________ to his parents, according to the book.
(a) His goodbye note.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A conversation.
(d) His prayers.
10. What does Pete look at as he leaves the place where the Preacher Man is?
11. What happened the next time that Pete tried to spot the person he didn't expect to see?
(a) They were crying.
(b) They were gone.
(c) They were with the police.
(d) They had fainted.
12. What is Joan's role in the church, according to Pete, as she walks by Pete as he waits?
(c) Bible school aide.
13. Pete noted that he and the Preacher Man would be ________ for a while so his parents shouldn't look for him.
(a) Out of town.
(d) In trouble.
14. Pete is at the dinner table the night before he leaves, wishing that he's had more __________ in life.
15. The Preacher Man talks about his past youth and how he often felt like ___________.
(a) An outcast.
(b) A disciple.
(c) A savior.
(d) A strong person.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time were Pete and the Preacher Man supposed to meet up?
2. Who did Pete avoid as much as possible after he was crushed by what happened with the Preacher Man?
3. What does Pete immediately go to once he is done with his dinner?
4. What is Pete glad that his parents have not noticed he has taken from the house?
5. Who tried to reach out to Pete in order to help him and told him that they loved him?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)