|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rufus told Pete that the _______ coach had told him that he was too cocky, according to the story.
2. The boy wanted someone to tell him that they would save him from __________.
(a) His school.
(d) His family.
3. How did Pete react when he listened to the Preacher Man speak, as he thought that the man was speaking directly to him?
(a) He argued.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He cried.
4. What did Pete think about Rufus when he hears what the coach says about his friend? He thinks Rufus is _________.
(d) A little arrogant.
5. During what meal was Pete's family having some obvious tension in the room?
6. Who says that it must seem strange that Pete doesn't go to church with his parents, according to the story?
(d) No one.
7. By _________ grade, the narrator considered himself to be very religious.
8. The Preacher Man is the ________ pastor who is introduced at the start of the chapter.
9. At the end of the sermon, Pete believed that the Preacher Man made everyone ___________ to him.
10. What does Pete tell Rufus that leaves Rufus feeling baffled by the comment, according to the book?
(a) He was saved.
(b) He was praying again.
(c) He was alive.
(d) He believed again.
11. Pete is so affected by the words of the Preacher Man that he skips __________ the next day.
12. What did Pete's mother leave for him in his room, which made Pete realize she supported him?
(a) New Bible.
(b) A watch.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A letter.
13. During what season did the Man come into town?
14. Pete was worried about his parents because they didn't seem to care about religion and he was afraid they would __________.
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Go to hell.
(c) Bother him.
(d) Tease him.
15. When Pete wakes up the next day, it seems as though the night before was a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pete rode his bike to the _________ in order to find the Preacher Man to talk to him again.
2. Walt tells Pete that it isn't Pete's job to save ____________, according to the book.
3. Pete was happy that his father was _________ and that he didn't hear about Pete being saved.
4. Who was stuck in the middle of the pew or else they think they might have left?
5. Pete actually thought that Rufus was very ________, in his own way, and says so in the book.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)