|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pete looking at when he saw the man standing near the soda fountain?
(b) Comic books.
2. What did Pete think about Rufus when he hears what the coach says about his friend? He thinks Rufus is _________.
(c) A little arrogant.
3. Pete couldn't stand to think of ___________ standing before him, judging him.
(b) His dad.
(c) His mom.
4. What did Darlene put down in front of the man when he stood there for a while?
(b) A hot tea.
(d) His change.
5. What does the Preacher Man do to the people who come up to the front of the church at the predetermined time?
(a) Read to.
6. What is wrapped around the cross that Pete is still holding onto at the start of the book?
7. Pete is so inspired by what the Preacher Man does that he wants to be __________ again.
(a) Read to.
8. Rufus told Pete that the _______ coach had told him that he was too cocky, according to the story.
9. The Preacher Man talks to Pete about how wondrous it is to wake up in ___________.
(a) A new town.
10. Pete actually thought that Rufus was very ________, in his own way, and says so in the book.
11. Pete's father is openly disappointed about the fact that Pete was ________.
(a) At the revival.
12. What does Rufus say that Pete looks like after having met the Preacher Man?
13. Pete wants his father to be _______ for him about his new religious life.
14. Walt tells Pete that it isn't Pete's job to save ____________, according to the book.
(a) Their souls.
(b) Any money.
(c) His reputation.
(d) Their pride.
15. Pete felt a little embarrassed about __________, but then he reminded himself that a lot of people did that the night before.
(b) Forgetting the man's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Preacher Man explains to Pete what happens when a __________ is saved.
2. What does Pete tell Rufus that leaves Rufus feeling baffled by the comment, according to the book?
3. What did Rufus decide he was when they went into fifth grade together?
4. During what season did the Man come into town?
5. When Pete wakes up the next day, it seems as though the night before was a __________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)