|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other pastor that announces the Preacher Man is the ________ pastor of the gathering.
2. What did Pete's father want to see if he could, which is why he argued at the time?
3. What was the Preacher Man doing when the boy first saw him come toward the town?
4. What does the narrator expect to wipe away from his hands after the story is done?
(a) Fine white dust.
(c) His family.
5. What does Walt remind Pete is starting up soon, which seems strange in the given conversation?
(a) TV show.
(b) His punishment.
6. At what age had Pete stopped going to Vacation Bible School, according to the story?
7. _________ feels so joyful and he prays that things will never change, according to the book.
(a) Pete's mom.
(c) Preacher Man.
8. What did Pete's grandfather refuse to take off during a religious ceremony?
9. What did Pete always paint when he was at Vacation Bible School, according to the book?
(a) Manger scenes.
(c) Ceramic crosses.
10. The broken item at the start of the story is from the beginning of ____________ grade.
11. What does Pete tell his mother happened the night before, after she asks about the revival?
(a) He was saved.
(b) Rufus was there.
(c) He read a book.
(d) He didn't go.
12. What does the Preacher Man ask Pete if he wants after the sermon is over and the Preacher Man reaches out for Pete's hand?
(a) If he wants to be saved.
(b) If he is bored.
(c) If he wants some water.
(d) If he can donate.
13. What were the words that were stuck in the mind of Pete as he listened? "Make me _______, Preacher Man."
14. Where did Pete and his family sit after they were done with their meal during this chapter?
(c) The kitchen.
(d) His bedroom.
15. Pete was worried about his parents because they didn't seem to care about religion and he was afraid they would __________.
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Bother him.
(c) Tease him.
(d) Go to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pete promised to buy Rufus a _________ when they went to the truck stop.
2. What is the cross made out of, according to the story in the book?
3. _________ did not come easy to the Preacher Man, according to his own admission, which surprises Pete.
4. Who asks Pete about the revival after he first wakes up in the morning and has breakfast?
5. What happens after Pete's parents go back inside the house?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)