|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Leaving.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Preacher Man ask Pete if he wants after the sermon is over and the Preacher Man reaches out for Pete's hand?
(a) If he wants to be saved.
(b) If he is bored.
(c) If he wants some water.
(d) If he can donate.
2. What was the Preacher Man doing when the boy first saw him come toward the town?
3. Who does the Preacher Man say saved Pete when Rufus asks him about it?
(a) Lord God Almighty.
(b) The Preacher man.
4. The Preacher asks Pete if he will ______________, and Pete agrees.
(a) Leave his family to hell.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Leave Rufus.
(d) Come with him.
5. Pete promised to buy Rufus a _________ when they went to the truck stop.
(a) Chili dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that it must seem strange that Pete doesn't go to church with his parents, according to the story?
2. Who does Pete see when he attends the revival again, though they are near the back?
3. When the Preacher Man began to talk, Pete felt as though he already knew the __________.
4. What happened the next time that Pete tried to spot the person he didn't expect to see?
5. Walt tells Pete that it isn't Pete's job to save ____________, according to the book.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)