Chapter 1: Dust
• The story begins with the idea of when the Man came to town.
• The narrator worries about Jesus judging him.
• The Preacher Man comes into town.
Chapter 2: The Hitchhiker
• The Man comes into town when the boy needs him.
• Pete sees the man everywhere he goes.
• Rufus is a confirmed atheist.
• Pete missed Vacation Bible School.
• Pete asks his parents why they never go to church.
Chapter 3: The Savior
• Pete goes to a service, and would have left if he hadn't been stuck in his spot.
• Pete begins to hunger for the Word.
• The Preacher asks Pete if he wants to be saved.
Chapter 4: The Joy
• Pete wakes up, remembering he has been saved.
• Pete tells his mother that he has been saved.
• Pete finds the Preacher Man at the drugstore.
• The Preacher Man tells Pete he should be a preacher someday.
• Pete doesn't feel comfortable...
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)