|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(b) Tomato juice.
2. What item does Maneck hope to return to his college roommate?
(a) Some clothing.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) The chess set.
3. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
4. Who do the police arrest in Chapter 16 for the murders of the beggars?
(b) The Beggarmaster.
(c) The goondas.
5. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The villagers.
(c) The police.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
2. How many weeks does Maneck have off of school for vacation?
3. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
4. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
5. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the debt collector visits Dina?
2. How does Om lose his testicles?
3. Why does the Beggarmaster leave Shankar on the streets even after it is revealed that they are brothers?
4. Why does Dina lose her apartment?
5. What do Om and Ishvar see when they visit their old boss, Jeevan?
6. Why does Dina go to speak to Mrs. Gupta and what does she tell her?
7. Why are the police called to Shankar's funeral?
8. How does Ishvar lose his legs?
9. How does the Beggarmaster know that he is related to Shankar?
10. What does Dina do around the house when the tailors are off searching for a house, and how does she react when they return?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)