|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
(a) The Beggarmaster is his son.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) The Beggarmaster is his father.
(d) They are brothers.
2. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad.
3. Who does the Beggarmaster say is in charge of deciding the fate of the slums?
(a) The goverment body.
(b) The people.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The police.
4. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their pants.
5. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The police.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The villagers.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Maneck hope to return to his college roommate?
2. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
3. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
4. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
5. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does it come to pass that the tailors begin eating dinner in the main house?
2. What do Om and Ishvar see when they visit their old boss, Jeevan?
3. How is Shankar killed?
4. How is the Beggarmaster killed?
5. What happens when Dina purchases a bottle of vermifuge and gives a dose to Om?
6. How does Om lose his testicles?
7. What happens to Rajaram that prompts him to leave his job at the government?
8. What happens when Om begins to itch with lice?
9. How do the established workers at the relocation camp treat the newcomers?
10. What happens when the Beggarmaster comes to visit the relocation camp in Chapter 9?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)