|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whose funeral does Maneck return to the mountains?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
2. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is angry.
3. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
4. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
5. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
2. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
3. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
4. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
5. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reunification between Dina and Maneck transpire?
2. How is Shankar killed?
3. Why does Dina lose her apartment?
4. What happens when Om begins to itch with lice?
5. How do the established workers at the relocation camp treat the newcomers?
6. How does it come to pass that the tailors begin eating dinner in the main house?
7. How does Om lose his testicles?
8. How is the Beggarmaster killed?
9. Why are the police called to Shankar's funeral?
10. What happens when Dina purchases a bottle of vermifuge and gives a dose to Om?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)