|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(c) Five hundred.
2. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
(c) The Beggarmastar.
(d) The Monkey-Man.
3. Where is the bump that grows on the Beggarmaster and his newly found relatives' bodies, proving their relation to one another?
(a) Their necks.
(b) Their elbows.
(c) Their knees.
(d) Their noses.
4. What item does Maneck hope to return to his college roommate?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) Some clothing.
(d) The chess set.
5. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
(a) The Monkey-Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
2. Who is Mr.Valmik?
3. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
4. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
5. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the established workers at the relocation camp treat the newcomers?
2. How does Om lose his testicles?
3. Why does Rajaram want to move to the Himalayas?
4. How does Ishvar lose his legs?
5. How does the Beggarmaster know that he is related to Shankar?
6. Why are the police called to Shankar's funeral?
7. What happens when the debt collector visits Dina?
8. What living conditions do the tailors see when they are returning home on their first night of freedom, and how does the Beggarmaster explain it?
9. Why does the Beggarmaster leave Shankar on the streets even after it is revealed that they are brothers?
10. What happens to Rajaram that prompts him to leave his job at the government?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)