|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the police gathering up in the streets in Chapter 8?
2. The body of which animal was Ishvar sent to retrieve when he was began apprenticing his father?
3. After the first order of 36 dresses, what does the export company request?
(a) Fewer dresses from Dina's tailors.
(b) That Dina be promoted.
(c) That Dina no longer work for the company.
(d) More dresses from Dina's tailors.
4. What was Dina's father's occupation?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
5. What right does Narayan attempt to exercise when he is killed?
(a) The right to an attorney.
(b) The right to bear arms.
(c) The right to vote.
(d) Freedom of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the huts that the relocated men live in made of?
2. What type of wedding do Rustom and Dina wish to have?
3. What is Rajaram forced to leave behind in the demolished slums?
4. What does Ishvar hope to secure for Om upon returning to the village?
5. In what year does the prologue take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Narayan murdered?
2. What is the subject of the speech that the Prime Minister is giving to the villagers?
3. How does the relationship between Dina and Rustom progress?
4. How does Maneck's father, Farokh, treat his soft-drink recipe?
5. Who is Ibrahim and what does he demand?
6. What are Sergeant Kesar and the facilitator sent to the streets to do?
7. What happens after Om is hit by the car while following Dina's taxi?
8. How do the businessmen lure the villagers to the Prime Minister's speech, and do they follow through?
9. What is Dina's reaction to Maneck when he arrives to stay with her?
10. What kindness does Dina show Om in Chapter 7?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)