|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money are the villagers promised to attend the Prime Minister's speech?
(a) 20 rupees.
(b) 0 rupees.
(c) 5 rupees.
(d) 100 rupees.
2. When the tailors hear a booming on their walk home, what is being destroyed?
(a) The libraries.
(b) The hospitals.
(c) The schools.
(d) The slums.
3. What does Dina give to Om to cure his sore body part?
(b) An ice pack.
(d) A bandage.
4. What does Dina hope will not delay her new tailors from arriving?
(a) The police.
(b) The parades.
(c) The bombings.
(d) The riots.
5. Who are the police gathering up in the streets in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the slums closing, what is there an outbreak of amongst the villagers?
2. What is happening with the people of the land due to The Emergency?
3. How much money are the villagers actually paid for attending the Prime Minister's speech?
4. In Chapter 8, what is Ishvar ordered to dig?
5. What does Dukhi take a job grinding into powder to support his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. After completing the first order of dresses, how do Om and Ishvar act around the shop?
2. What does the officer suggest that Om and Ishvar do in their pursuit of a ration card?
3. Why does Dina put a padlock on the door?
4. How does Mrs. Gupta feel about The Emergency?
5. What happens to Om's trunk of belongings?
6. What is life like for Om and Ishvar while they are living with Nawaz?
7. Who is Shankar and what is significant about his body?
8. Why does Maneck say that he is going to college?
9. What is the subject of the speech that the Prime Minister is giving to the villagers?
10. Why is Narayan murdered?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)