|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What don't the men have, which prohibits them from being eligible for ration cards?
(a) A formal education.
(b) A recognizable family name.
(c) Enough money.
(d) A proper address.
2. What does Dina hope will not delay her new tailors from arriving?
(a) The riots.
(b) The police.
(c) The bombings.
(d) The parades.
3. What are the captured men served daily to eat, that is always watery?
4. What crime do the villagers believe that Ishvar's parents' committed in order to be so blessed?
5. What is happening with the people of the land due to The Emergency?
(a) They are losing their money.
(b) They are being incarcerated.
(c) They are dying.
(d) They are falling ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rustom going to purchase when he is killed?
2. What occupation did Ishvar's father have while the family was living in the village?
3. Who is Ibrahim?
4. What does Rajaram collect?
5. While Ishvar, Om, and Maneck are traveling by train, what possession of Maneck's comes falling onto Om's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Om rent a bicycle?
2. After completing the first order of dresses, how do Om and Ishvar act around the shop?
3. What does Dina's collection of cloth symbolize?
4. What does Dina teach Maneck to do in Chapter 8, and why?
5. What happens to young Maneck when he is away for the first time at boarding school?
6. How is Dina Dalal's home described?
7. Why is Narayan murdered?
8. What behaviors does Maneck's father begin exhibiting that embarrass his son?
9. What does the officer suggest that Om and Ishvar do in their pursuit of a ration card?
10. What happens after Om is hit by the car while following Dina's taxi?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)