|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Ishvar's father have while the family was living in the village?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A cobbler.
2. What object is Om forced to carry around town in Chapter 7?
(a) A comb.
(b) A sewing machine.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A trunk.
3. In Chapter 8, what is Ishvar ordered to dig?
4. What do the two men ask Dina for permission to do while they are sewing?
(a) To talk.
(b) To drink.
(c) To eat.
(d) To smoke.
5. What does Dina give to Om to cure his sore body part?
(b) An ice pack.
(c) A bandage.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dina's conversation with Ibrahim, what does Om consider doing?
2. How does Maneck's father react to the new roads being built in the mountains?
3. How is Rustom killed?
4. What part of Ishvar's body did an animal disfigure?
5. When the tailors hear a booming on their walk home, what is being destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rustom goes out to buy ice cream on his third wedding anniversary?
2. What is life like for Om and Ishvar while they are living with Nawaz?
3. Why does Dukhi send for his sons to be sent to live with Ashraf?
4. Why is Narayan murdered?
5. How do the businessmen lure the villagers to the Prime Minister's speech, and do they follow through?
6. What does Dina's collection of cloth symbolize?
7. Who is Ibrahim and what does he demand?
8. In Chapter 7, what happens to the slums that Om and Ishvar are living in?
9. What happens to Om's trunk of belongings?
10. What is Dina's reaction to Maneck when he arrives to stay with her?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)