|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(d) Five hundred.
2. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
3. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is excited.
4. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
(a) The Beggarmaster.
5. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
6. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To South America.
(c) To the Himalayas.
(d) To America.
7. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
(d) The Beggarmaster.
8. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
9. What lie does Dina tell Mrs. Gupta about the tailors?
(a) That they are dead.
(b) That they are missing.
(c) That they are ill.
(d) That they are injured.
10. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
11. What article of Om's clothing does Maneck tear during their fight?
(a) His pants.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His hat.
(d) His shirt.
12. What part of the goonda's bodies were broken in their "accident" orchestrated by the Beggarmaster?
(a) Their necks.
(b) Their arms.
(c) Their fingers.
(d) Their legs.
13. What part of his body does Om lose?
(a) His hands.
(b) His testicles.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His legs.
14. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The sewing machines.
(c) The dinner table.
(d) The quilt.
15. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) The Beggarmaster is his son.
(c) The Beggarmaster is his father.
(d) They are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Dina promise to pay rent on the sewing machines next month to keep them from being repossessed?
2. Who is Jeevan?
3. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
4. What has been stolen from the murdered beggars that concerns the tailors?
5. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)