|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(c) The Monkey Man.
2. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
(a) Aban Kohlal.
(b) Dukhi Mochi.
(c) Narayan Darji.
(d) Ashraf Chaca.
3. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
4. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
(a) The dinner table.
(b) The quilt.
(c) The sewing machines.
(d) The veranda.
5. Who laughs during Shankar's funeral, and asks Dina to leave with him?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
6. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
7. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young woman.
(d) An young man.
8. Who has killed the Prime Minister?
(a) The Muslims.
(b) The Sikhs.
(c) The Parsies.
(d) The Catholics.
9. What type of weather keeps Maneck and Om from leaving the house during their vacation?
10. At the end of the novel, how does Om respond when he hears that Maneck is back in town?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is angry.
11. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
12. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
13. In Chapter 14, who do the villagers accuse of killing the beggars?
(a) The Beggarmaster.
14. What lie does Dina tell Mrs. Gupta about the tailors?
(a) That they are dead.
(b) That they are injured.
(c) That they are ill.
(d) That they are missing.
15. What has been stolen from the murdered beggars that concerns the tailors?
(a) Their hair.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what habit has Om started that drives Dina crazy?
2. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
3. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
4. Who do the police arrest in Chapter 16 for the murders of the beggars?
5. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)