|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
2. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
3. What does Om spit in Thakur's face?
4. At the end of the novel, how does Om respond when he hears that Maneck is back in town?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is excited.
5. Which relatives does Maneck visit in Chapter 14 before he leaves on vacation?
(a) Om's family.
(b) His father's family.
(c) His mother's family.
(d) Dina's family.
6. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
7. Who does the Beggarmaster say is in charge of deciding the fate of the slums?
(a) The police.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The goverment body.
(d) The people.
8. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
(a) When she is sleeping.
(b) When she is changing clothes.
(c) When she is sewing.
(d) When she is bathing.
9. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
(c) The Monkey-Man.
10. Who comes to Dina asking for money in Chapter 9?
11. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
(a) The crippled.
(b) The children.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The women.
12. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
(b) His own.
13. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To the Himalayas.
(c) To South America.
(d) To America.
14. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is apathetic.
15. In Chapter 14, who do the villagers accuse of killing the beggars?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Ashraf?
2. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
3. Who has killed the Prime Minister?
4. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
5. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)