|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what habit has Om started that drives Dina crazy?
2. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
3. Who comes to Dina asking for money in Chapter 9?
4. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is angry.
5. For whose funeral does Maneck return to the mountains?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
6. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
7. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
(a) Aban Kohlal.
(b) Dukhi Mochi.
(c) Narayan Darji.
(d) Ashraf Chaca.
8. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
9. Who does Dina visit to ask for money in Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Gupta.
(b) The facilitator.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
10. What type of weather keeps Maneck and Om from leaving the house during their vacation?
11. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(b) Five hundred.
12. What article of Om's clothing does Maneck tear during their fight?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His pants.
13. Who is Jeevan?
(a) Om and Ishvar's old neighbor.
(b) Om and Ishvar's dog.
(c) Om and Ishvar's cousin.
(d) Om and Ishvar's old boss.
14. How many times does Dina promise to pay rent on the sewing machines next month to keep them from being repossessed?
15. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maneck's mother falls down the hill, what part of her body is injured?
2. What article of clothing does Ashraf wish to buy for the tailors?
3. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
4. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
5. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)