|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of clothing does Ashraf wish to buy for the tailors?
2. What has been stolen from the murdered beggars that concerns the tailors?
(a) Their hair.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their names.
3. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
(b) The Beggarmaster.
4. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An young man.
5. Where was Maneck's roommate's body found?
(a) On the train tracks.
(b) Floating in the water.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In a burnt slum.
6. What is Jeevan stealing from his customers?
7. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
8. What type of occupation does Rajaram wish to hold?
(a) An athlete.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A barber.
9. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
10. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
11. How is the size of the worm that passes out of Om's body described?
(a) It is as big as an octopus.
(b) It is as big as a cow.
(c) It is as big as a snake.
(d) It is as big as a rat.
12. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
13. In Chapter 10, what habit has Om started that drives Dina crazy?
14. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
(b) The Beggarmastar.
(c) The Monkey-Man.
15. What part of the goonda's bodies were broken in their "accident" orchestrated by the Beggarmaster?
(a) Their necks.
(b) Their arms.
(c) Their fingers.
(d) Their legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
2. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
3. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
4. Who is Mr.Valmik?
5. What type of weather keeps Maneck and Om from leaving the house during their vacation?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)