|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
(a) They should be stabbed.
(b) They should be poisoned.
(c) They should be drowned.
(d) They should be shot.
2. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
3. How did Rajaram kill the beggars whose hair he stole?
(a) He drown them.
(b) He poisoned them.
(c) He stabbed them.
(d) He shot them.
4. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(d) The Monkey Man.
5. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
(a) The sewing machines.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The quilt.
(d) The dinner table.
6. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
7. Where is the bump that grows on the Beggarmaster and his newly found relatives' bodies, proving their relation to one another?
(a) Their elbows.
(b) Their knees.
(c) Their necks.
(d) Their noses.
8. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
9. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
10. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
(c) His own.
11. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is excited.
12. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His knee.
(d) His elbow.
13. What article of clothing does Ashraf wish to buy for the tailors?
14. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
15. Who does the Beggarmaster say is in charge of deciding the fate of the slums?
(a) The people.
(b) The goverment body.
(c) The police.
(d) The Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
2. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
3. What part of his body does Ishvar lose?
4. What has Maneck gotten a job repairing in Chapter 16?
5. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)