|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs during Shankar's funeral, and asks Dina to leave with him?
(d) The Beggarmaster.
2. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(d) Five hundred.
3. What type of occupation does Rajaram wish to hold?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An athlete.
(c) A barber.
(d) A teacher.
4. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
5. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
(a) The Monkey-Man.
6. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
7. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(a) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
8. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(b) The Monkey Man.
9. Where was Maneck's roommate's body found?
(a) Floating in the water.
(b) In a burnt slum.
(c) On the train tracks.
(d) On the streets.
10. How is the size of the worm that passes out of Om's body described?
(a) It is as big as an octopus.
(b) It is as big as a snake.
(c) It is as big as a rat.
(d) It is as big as a cow.
11. What article of Om's clothing does Maneck tear during their fight?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His pants.
(c) His hat.
(d) His shirt.
12. Who do the police arrest in Chapter 16 for the murders of the beggars?
(b) The goondas.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
13. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young woman.
(d) An young man.
14. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
(a) They should be poisoned.
(b) They should be stabbed.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) They should be drowned.
15. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Om spit in Thakur's face?
2. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
3. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
4. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
5. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)