|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been stolen from the murdered beggars that concerns the tailors?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their hair.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their clothing.
2. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is upset.
3. What item does Maneck hope to return to his college roommate?
(a) Some clothing.
(b) The chess set.
(c) A sewing machine.
4. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
5. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
6. Who does the Beggarmaster say is in charge of deciding the fate of the slums?
(a) The people.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The police.
(d) The goverment body.
7. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mother.
8. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
9. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
10. What is Jeevan stealing from his customers?
11. What type of baby animals are left in Dina's fireplace?
12. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is sad.
13. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
14. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
(a) To the Himalayas.
(b) To Nepal.
(c) To South America.
(d) To America.
15. Who is Jeevan?
(a) Om and Ishvar's dog.
(b) Om and Ishvar's old neighbor.
(c) Om and Ishvar's cousin.
(d) Om and Ishvar's old boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks does Maneck have off of school for vacation?
2. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
3. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
4. In Chapter 14, who do the villagers accuse of killing the beggars?
5. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)