|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of his body does Om lose?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His testicles.
2. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
(d) The Beggarmaster.
3. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(a) Five hundred.
4. How does Shankar react to the new garment that Om and Ishvar sew for him?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is offended.
5. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
6. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(d) Tomato juice.
7. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
8. Which relatives does Maneck visit in Chapter 14 before he leaves on vacation?
(a) Dina's family.
(b) Om's family.
(c) His mother's family.
(d) His father's family.
9. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
(a) A grooming kit.
(d) A sewing machine.
10. What is Jeevan stealing from his customers?
11. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
(c) The Monkey-Man.
12. How did Rajaram kill the beggars whose hair he stole?
(a) He poisoned them.
(b) He drown them.
(c) He stabbed them.
(d) He shot them.
13. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) The Beggarmaster is his father.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) The Beggarmaster is his son.
14. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
(a) When she is bathing.
(b) When she is sleeping.
(c) When she is sewing.
(d) When she is changing clothes.
15. Where is the bump that grows on the Beggarmaster and his newly found relatives' bodies, proving their relation to one another?
(a) Their noses.
(b) Their knees.
(c) Their necks.
(d) Their elbows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
2. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
3. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
4. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
5. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)