|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The police.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
2. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is angry.
3. What lie does Dina tell Mrs. Gupta about the tailors?
(a) That they are injured.
(b) That they are ill.
(c) That they are missing.
(d) That they are dead.
4. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(a) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
5. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is excited.
6. How many weeks does Maneck have off of school for vacation?
7. What item does Maneck hope to return to his college roommate?
(a) Some clothing.
(b) The chess set.
(d) A sewing machine.
8. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A boat sail.
(d) New curtains.
9. In Chapter 10, what habit has Om started that drives Dina crazy?
10. Who comes to Dina asking for money in Chapter 9?
11. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
(a) The Beggarmastar.
(c) The Monkey-Man.
12. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(a) Five hundred.
13. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
14. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
15. When Maneck's mother falls down the hill, what part of her body is injured?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her elbow.
(d) Her knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
2. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
3. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
4. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
5. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)