|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather keeps Maneck and Om from leaving the house during their vacation?
2. Who is Jeevan?
(a) Om and Ishvar's dog.
(b) Om and Ishvar's old neighbor.
(c) Om and Ishvar's cousin.
(d) Om and Ishvar's old boss.
3. Who laughs during Shankar's funeral, and asks Dina to leave with him?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
4. What type of baby animals are left in Dina's fireplace?
5. What type of occupation does Rajaram wish to hold?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An athlete.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A barber.
6. Who comes to Dina asking for money in Chapter 9?
7. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
8. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
9. Who is Mr.Valmik?
(a) Dina's partner.
(b) Dina's doctor.
(c) Dina's teacher.
(d) Dina's lawyer.
10. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
(a) A grooming kit.
(d) A sewing machine.
11. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
(a) Their pants.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their hats.
12. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The police.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The villagers.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
13. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
14. Who do the police arrest in Chapter 16 for the murders of the beggars?
(a) The goondas.
(b) The Beggarmaster.
15. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 10, what habit has Om started that drives Dina crazy?
3. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
4. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
5. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)