|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs during Shankar's funeral, and asks Dina to leave with him?
(a) The Beggarmaster.
2. Which relatives does Maneck visit in Chapter 14 before he leaves on vacation?
(a) Dina's family.
(b) His mother's family.
(c) Om's family.
(d) His father's family.
3. What part of the goonda's bodies were broken in their "accident" orchestrated by the Beggarmaster?
(a) Their necks.
(b) Their legs.
(c) Their arms.
(d) Their fingers.
4. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To America.
(c) To South America.
(d) To the Himalayas.
5. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
6. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
7. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their pants.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their shoes.
8. What does Om spit in Thakur's face?
9. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
(a) Aban Kohlal.
(b) Narayan Darji.
(c) Ashraf Chaca.
(d) Dukhi Mochi.
10. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is angry.
11. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
(b) His own.
12. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
13. Who does Dina visit to ask for money in Chapter 9?
(b) Mrs. Gupta.
(c) The facilitator.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
14. Who do the police arrest in Chapter 16 for the murders of the beggars?
(b) The Beggarmaster.
(d) The goondas.
15. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
2. For whose funeral does Maneck return to the mountains?
3. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
4. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
5. Where is the bump that grows on the Beggarmaster and his newly found relatives' bodies, proving their relation to one another?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)