|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been stolen from the murdered beggars that concerns the tailors?
(a) Their hair.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their names.
2. What is Jeevan stealing from his customers?
3. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
(a) They should be shot.
(b) They should be drowned.
(c) They should be stabbed.
(d) They should be poisoned.
4. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
5. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
6. For whose funeral does Maneck return to the mountains?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
7. Who does Dina visit to ask for money in Chapter 9?
(b) Mrs. Gupta.
(c) The Beggarmaster.
(d) The facilitator.
8. Who is Mr.Valmik?
(a) Dina's lawyer.
(b) Dina's doctor.
(c) Dina's teacher.
(d) Dina's partner.
9. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
10. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
(a) The women.
(b) The children.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The crippled.
11. Where is the bump that grows on the Beggarmaster and his newly found relatives' bodies, proving their relation to one another?
(a) Their knees.
(b) Their necks.
(c) Their noses.
(d) Their elbows.
12. How did Rajaram kill the beggars whose hair he stole?
(a) He shot them.
(b) He stabbed them.
(c) He drown them.
(d) He poisoned them.
13. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
(a) To America.
(b) To the Himalayas.
(c) To Nepal.
(d) To South America.
14. Who has killed the Prime Minister?
(a) The Catholics.
(b) The Sikhs.
(c) The Muslims.
(d) The Parsies.
15. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
(a) The Beggarmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
2. What type of occupation does Rajaram wish to hold?
3. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
4. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
5. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)