|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police arrest in Chapter 16 for the murders of the beggars?
(b) The goondas.
(c) The Beggarmaster.
2. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
3. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(c) The Monkey Man.
4. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is angry.
5. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(d) Five hundred.
6. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
7. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
(a) They should be drowned.
(b) They should be stabbed.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) They should be poisoned.
8. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
(a) The children.
(b) The crippled.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The women.
9. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
(a) New curtains.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A boat sail.
10. What has been stolen from the murdered beggars that concerns the tailors?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their hair.
(d) Their names.
11. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is excited.
12. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
(a) When she is changing clothes.
(b) When she is sleeping.
(c) When she is sewing.
(d) When she is bathing.
13. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The police.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
14. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
15. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bump that grows on the Beggarmaster and his newly found relatives' bodies, proving their relation to one another?
2. How did Rajaram kill the beggars whose hair he stole?
3. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
4. What type of occupation does Rajaram wish to hold?
5. What has Maneck gotten a job repairing in Chapter 16?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)