|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rajaram kill the beggars whose hair he stole?
(a) He shot them.
(b) He drown them.
(c) He poisoned them.
(d) He stabbed them.
2. What type of baby animals are left in Dina's fireplace?
3. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(b) The Monkey Man.
4. How does Shankar react to the new garment that Om and Ishvar sew for him?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(c) Tomato juice.
6. Which relatives does Maneck visit in Chapter 14 before he leaves on vacation?
(a) His father's family.
(b) Om's family.
(c) Dina's family.
(d) His mother's family.
7. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
8. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
9. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
10. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) New curtains.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A boat sail.
11. How many times does Dina promise to pay rent on the sewing machines next month to keep them from being repossessed?
12. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
13. Who is Jeevan?
(a) Om and Ishvar's cousin.
(b) Om and Ishvar's dog.
(c) Om and Ishvar's old boss.
(d) Om and Ishvar's old neighbor.
14. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
15. At the end of the novel, how does Om respond when he hears that Maneck is back in town?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who do the villagers accuse of killing the beggars?
2. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
4. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
5. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)