|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Maneck's roommate's body found?
(a) On the train tracks.
(b) Floating in the water.
(c) In a burnt slum.
(d) On the streets.
2. Who has killed the Prime Minister?
(a) The Catholics.
(b) The Parsies.
(c) The Sikhs.
(d) The Muslims.
3. How many weeks does Maneck have off of school for vacation?
4. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
5. What article of clothing does Ashraf wish to buy for the tailors?
6. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(b) Five hundred.
7. What has Maneck gotten a job repairing in Chapter 16?
(a) Air conditioners.
(b) Sewing machines.
(c) Car motors.
8. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
9. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
10. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
11. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
(b) The Beggarmaster.
12. What does Om spit in Thakur's face?
13. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
(a) Aban Kohlal.
(b) Ashraf Chaca.
(c) Narayan Darji.
(d) Dukhi Mochi.
14. What does Rajaram want to do with his life after he moves?
15. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
(d) The Monkey-Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
2. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
3. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
4. What part of his body does Ishvar lose?
5. Who kills Ashraf?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)