|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the novel, how does Om respond when he hears that Maneck is back in town?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is apathetic.
2. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
3. How many times does Dina promise to pay rent on the sewing machines next month to keep them from being repossessed?
4. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
5. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
(a) The Monkey-Man.
(b) The Beggarmastar.
6. Who does the Beggarmaster say is in charge of deciding the fate of the slums?
(a) The goverment body.
(b) The police.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The people.
7. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
8. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(d) The Monkey Man.
9. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(b) Tomato juice.
10. In Chapter 14, who do the villagers accuse of killing the beggars?
(c) The Beggarmaster.
11. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
(a) New curtains.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A boat sail.
12. What does Dina lend to Rajaram when he wants to start his own business?
(a) A grooming kit.
(c) A sewing machine.
13. Who does Dina visit to ask for money in Chapter 9?
(b) The facilitator.
(c) Mrs. Gupta.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
14. What game does Maneck attempt to teach Om during their vacation?
15. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Om and Ishvar recognize as a performer at the relocation camp?
2. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
3. What does Rajaram want to do with his life after he moves?
4. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
5. Who comes to Dina asking for money in Chapter 9?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)