|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Maneck gotten a job repairing in Chapter 16?
(a) Air conditioners.
(b) Car motors.
(c) Sewing machines.
2. Where was Maneck's roommate's body found?
(a) On the streets.
(b) In a burnt slum.
(c) Floating in the water.
(d) On the train tracks.
3. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
4. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) An young man.
6. How many rupees per week must Om and Ishvar pay the Beggarmaster in return for their freedom?
(a) Five hundred.
7. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
(a) The Beggarmaster is his father.
(b) The Beggarmaster is his son.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
8. What does Rajaram want to do with his life after he moves?
9. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is excited.
10. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(d) Tomato juice.
11. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The dinner table.
(c) The sewing machines.
(d) The quilt.
12. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His elbow.
(d) His knee.
13. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(d) The Monkey Man.
14. Who does Dina visit to ask for money in Chapter 9?
(b) The Beggarmaster.
(c) The facilitator.
(d) Mrs. Gupta.
15. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
2. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
3. What part of his body does Om lose?
4. What lie does Dina tell Mrs. Gupta about the tailors?
5. How does Shankar react to the new garment that Om and Ishvar sew for him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)