|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is apathetic.
2. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The Beggarmaster.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The police.
3. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
4. What type of occupation does Rajaram wish to hold?
(a) An athlete.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A barber.
(d) A doctor.
5. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
6. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
(a) They should be shot.
(b) They should be poisoned.
(c) They should be drowned.
(d) They should be stabbed.
7. Who comes to cut Shankar's hair in Chapter 14?
(b) The Beggarmaster.
8. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
9. How many perspective wives are found for Om back in the village?
10. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
11. Who is Mr.Valmik?
(a) Dina's lawyer.
(b) Dina's partner.
(c) Dina's doctor.
(d) Dina's teacher.
12. Where does Rajaram want to move in chapter 13?
(a) To the Himalayas.
(b) To South America.
(c) To America.
(d) To Nepal.
13. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
(a) The dinner table.
(b) The sewing machines.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The quilt.
14. Which relatives does Maneck visit in Chapter 14 before he leaves on vacation?
(a) His mother's family.
(b) His father's family.
(c) Dina's family.
(d) Om's family.
15. What does Dina begin to sew in Chapter 9 with help from Maneck?
(a) New curtains.
(b) A boat sail.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A wedding dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dina react to Maneck's return?
2. How many times does Dina promise to pay rent on the sewing machines next month to keep them from being repossessed?
3. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
4. How does Nusswan feel about having Dina back in his home at the end of the novel?
5. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)