|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
2. What article of clothing is stolen from Om and Ishvar while they sleep?
(a) Their pants.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their shoes.
3. How many weeks does Maneck have off of school for vacation?
4. For whose funeral does Maneck return to the mountains?
(a) His father's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His mother's.
5. What article of clothing does Ashraf wish to buy for the tailors?
6. In Chapter 15, what family member does Ashraf tell the tailors has died?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
7. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
8. What type of weather keeps Maneck and Om from leaving the house during their vacation?
9. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
10. How does Shankar react to the new garment that Om and Ishvar sew for him?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is apathetic.
11. In Chapter 14, who do the villagers accuse of killing the beggars?
(a) The Beggarmaster.
12. Who is Mr.Valmik?
(a) Dina's partner.
(b) Dina's teacher.
(c) Dina's lawyer.
(d) Dina's doctor.
13. What type of baby animals are left in Dina's fireplace?
14. Which relatives does Maneck visit in Chapter 14 before he leaves on vacation?
(a) His father's family.
(b) Om's family.
(c) Dina's family.
(d) His mother's family.
15. What is the Beggarmaster's relationship to this newly found relative in Chapter 12?
(a) The Beggarmaster is his father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) The Beggarmaster is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that Dina hears the men breaking in her apartment?
2. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
3. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
4. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
5. What item does Maneck hope to return to his college roommate?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)