|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the Beggarmaster?
(c) The Monkey Man.
2. What type of weather keeps Maneck and Om from leaving the house during their vacation?
3. Who has a job working as a fortune teller when Maneck returns to the village?
(a) The Beggarmastar.
(c) The Monkey-Man.
4. Who does the facilitator complain that he does not want to feed and house?
(a) The crippled.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The women.
(d) The children.
5. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
6. Who does Ishvar write a letter to back in the village in regards to finding Om a wife?
(a) Dukhi Mochi.
(b) Aban Kohlal.
(c) Narayan Darji.
(d) Ashraf Chaca.
7. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(c) Tomato juice.
8. In Chapter 10, what habit has Om started that drives Dina crazy?
9. What are the men called that terrorize Dina's apartment?
10. What part of his body does Om lose?
(a) His testicles.
(b) His legs.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
11. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
12. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
13. To whom is it revealed that the Beggarmaster is related?
14. How many weeks does Maneck have off of school for vacation?
15. What lie does Dina tell Mrs. Gupta about the tailors?
(a) That they are ill.
(b) That they are missing.
(c) That they are injured.
(d) That they are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays nurse to Ishvar while he is recovering from his injury in Chapter 9?
2. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
3. Who teaches Om to eat with a knife and fork?
4. What does Om spit in Thakur's face?
5. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)