|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Om spit in Thakur's face?
2. Who kills Ashraf?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The police.
(d) The Beggarmaster.
3. What does Nusswan think should happen to the people who live on the streets?
(a) They should be stabbed.
(b) They should be shot.
(c) They should be poisoned.
(d) They should be drowned.
4. Who does Rajaram inadvertently kill, causing a family to beat him?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An young man.
(d) A young woman.
5. Who does Dina order to get up off his knees, and never drop down to another human again?
6. How many years does Maneck claim that he wants to spend in school?
7. What part of his body does Ishvar injure falling into the ditch?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His elbow.
(d) His knee.
8. What part of his body does Om lose?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His legs.
(c) His hands.
(d) His testicles.
9. In his letter to Dina, when does Maneck say that he will be returning?
(a) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
10. Who comes to Dina asking for money in Chapter 9?
11. Whose home does the Beggarmaster bring Ishvar and Om to on their first night of freedom?
(c) His own.
12. What does Rajaram want to do with his life after he moves?
13. What does Dina pour over Om's head to cure his lice?
(c) Tomato juice.
14. When does Om want to spy on Dina, an idea which infuriates Maneck?
(a) When she is sleeping.
(b) When she is bathing.
(c) When she is changing clothes.
(d) When she is sewing.
15. Whose idea was it that all four characters eat dinner together in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ibrahim returns to evict Dina, who does she claim is her husband?
2. What has Maneck gotten a job repairing in Chapter 16?
3. What part of the goonda's bodies were broken in their "accident" orchestrated by the Beggarmaster?
4. How does Dina feel about the tailor's house hunting?
5. Which character plunges his fingers down his throat to clear out excess bile?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)