|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Om used to massage for his father?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His back.
(c) His hands.
(d) His feet.
2. In what year does the prologue take place?
3. What does Dina feel that she is always nagging the two tailors about?
(a) To work harder.
(b) To stop drinking before the job.
(c) To sew neatly.
(d) To talk less.
4. What did Maneck give his mother every morning in a tradition that she always looked forward to?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A hug.
5. After the first order of 36 dresses, what does the export company request?
(a) That Dina be promoted.
(b) Fewer dresses from Dina's tailors.
(c) That Dina no longer work for the company.
(d) More dresses from Dina's tailors.
6. What does Om rent in an attempt to follow Dina Dalal?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A rickshaw.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A boat.
7. How does Ishvar claim his sterilization form was destroyed?
(a) In a flood.
(b) In a tornado.
(c) In a fire.
(d) In an earthquake.
8. What is the name of the textile company that Dina works for?
(a) Au Revoir Exports.
(b) Siyanara Exports.
(c) Ciao Exports.
(d) Hasta Luego Exports.
9. What does Om have on his mind, which causes him to make mistakes while sewing?
(a) His hunger.
(d) A woman.
10. What was Rustom's most prized possession?
(a) His sewing machine.
(b) His violin.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His comb.
11. How does Maneck's father react to the new roads being built in the mountains?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is excited.
(c) His is saddened.
(d) He is confused.
12. How old was Om when he was sent to study under his uncle, Ishvar?
13. Who has declared the Emergency political state?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The President.
(c) The People's Representative.
(d) The King.
14. On what do the tailors blame their punctuality when they arrive at Dina's early in the morning?
(a) The sun.
(b) The weather.
(c) The train.
(d) The traffic.
15. What is happening with the people of the land due to The Emergency?
(a) They are falling ill.
(b) They are dying.
(c) They are being incarcerated.
(d) They are losing their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ibrahim?
2. What is Nusswan's wife's name?
3. What type of wedding do Rustom and Dina wish to have?
4. What does the man who starts a fight with Shankar collect for a living?
5. What does Dina Dalal make at home and store in trunks, which the boys find while she is away?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)