|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument is used to signal to the captured men that it is time to eat?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A drum.
(c) A bell.
(d) A gong.
2. In what year does the prologue take place?
3. What is Dina's relationship with her brother like?
(a) She controls him.
(b) They haven't spoken in years.
(c) She does not have a brother.
(d) He controls her.
4. What did Ishvar's mother steal for her young son?
5. What does the man who starts a fight with Shankar collect for a living?
6. What does Dina Dalal make at home and store in trunks, which the boys find while she is away?
(a) Hair remover.
(b) Sanitary napkins.
(d) Toilet paper.
7. What is Nusswan's wife's name?
8. The body of which animal was Ishvar sent to retrieve when he was began apprenticing his father?
9. In what terrain does Maneck's family live?
(a) In a valley.
(b) In rocky caves.
(c) In open fields.
(d) In the mountains.
10. What were young Ishvar and his brother hit with as punishment after they broke into the upper-class school?
(a) A stick.
(b) A cane.
(c) A ruler.
11. What is Rajaram forced to leave behind in the demolished slums?
(a) His collected hair.
(b) His food.
(c) His family.
(d) His money.
12. What has the train hit, causing the delay in transportation?
(a) A crate of fruit.
(b) Passengers' luggage.
(c) A person.
(d) A large animal.
13. What right does Narayan attempt to exercise when he is killed?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) The right to bear arms.
(c) The right to an attorney.
(d) The right to vote.
14. As a child, what was Maneck's favorite day of the week?
15. How many people knew the recipe for Maneck's family beverage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rajaram collect?
2. What was Dina's father's occupation?
3. Om and Ishvar are traveling to apply for which position?
4. What does Ashraf's father own, giving both himself and Dukhi work?
5. What type of job does Dina take on from Shirin Aunty?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)