|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The body of which animal was Ishvar sent to retrieve when he was began apprenticing his father?
2. What does Rajaram collect?
3. In Chapter 8, what is Ishvar ordered to dig?
4. How is Rustom killed?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is in a building that explodes.
5. How much money are the villagers promised to attend the Prime Minister's speech?
(a) 0 rupees.
(b) 20 rupees.
(c) 100 rupees.
(d) 5 rupees.
6. What vegetable does Maneck encourage Dina to eat?
7. On what do the tailors blame their punctuality when they arrive at Dina's early in the morning?
(a) The train.
(b) The weather.
(c) The traffic.
(d) The sun.
8. Where did Dina and Rustom meet?
(a) At a music hall.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the art museum.
(d) At the market.
9. What does Namaskaar lend Om and Ishvar to aid in their bathing?
(a) A bucket.
(d) A brush.
10. What did Ishvar's mother steal for her young son?
11. Who is Dina Dalal?
(a) Another passenger on the train.
(b) A friend of Maneck's mother.
(c) A friend of Om's mother.
(d) A friend of Ishvar's mother.
12. What do the two men ask Dina for permission to do while they are sewing?
(a) To smoke.
(b) To talk.
(c) To eat.
(d) To drink.
13. In what terrain does Maneck's family live?
(a) In a valley.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In open fields.
(d) In rocky caves.
14. After unrest breaks out in town, what does Ashraf change the name of his shop to?
(a) Krishna Tailors.
(b) Shiva Tailors.
(c) Rama Tailors.
(d) Brahma Tailors.
15. In Chapter 8, what were the captured men served by the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shankar encourage the tailors to call him as a nickname?
2. What did Om used to massage for his father?
3. What type of job does Dina take on from Shirin Aunty?
4. What type of wedding do Rustom and Dina wish to have?
5. What was Maneck's father's reaction to the glass case that Maneck moved?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)