1. How do Ishvar and Om meet Maneck?
They meet first when Maneck's school books crash onto Om's back. Later, Maneck asks Om and Ishvar for directions and they realize they are traveling to the same place.
2. How do the passengers on the train react to the sudden halt in their travel?
The passengers grumble that they wish people would find another place to commit suicide other than train tracks.
3. How is the village, where the train makes its sudden halt, described?
The village is rife with poverty. It smells of raw sewage, and its streets are lined with limbless beggars.
4. How is Dina Dalal's home described?
Her home is described as being dark, small, and dingy. This especially describes the room in which Maneck will be sleeping even though it is considered the nicest room in the house.
5. How does the relationship between Dina and Rustom progress?
Dina and Rustom meet at at music hall where Rustom, a very shy man, makes repeated eye contact with Dina. The two become friends and are known around the music hall as a couple. Eventually, they become lovers.
This section contains 2,419 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)