|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Day at the Circus, Night in the Slum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The body of which animal was Ishvar sent to retrieve when he was began apprenticing his father?
2. What is happening with the people of the land due to The Emergency?
(a) They are being incarcerated.
(b) They are falling ill.
(c) They are dying.
(d) They are losing their money.
3. After five years of sewing, what part of Dina's body begins to fail?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her lungs.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her heart.
4. What type of wedding do Rustom and Dina wish to have?
(a) A small, simple wedding.
(b) A traditional Indian wedding.
(c) A Western wedding.
(d) A big, lavish wedding.
5. Om and Ishvar are traveling to apply for which position?
(a) A tailor.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "bugs" climb out of the drain while Maneck is bathing?
2. What does Dukhi take a job grinding into powder to support his family?
3. For whom does Dina have to hire a full-time nurse?
4. How much money are the villagers actually paid for attending the Prime Minister's speech?
5. While Ishvar, Om, and Maneck are traveling by train, what possession of Maneck's comes falling onto Om's back?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)