|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nine: A Higher Call to Fourteen: Respectability and Respect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Providence Hospital and nursing school for black women open?
2. When did Michael Donnelly end the strike he called in Eight: "A Stone's Throw"?
(a) October 11, 1904.
(b) September 23, 1904.
(c) October 3, 1904.
(d) September 8, 1904.
3. When did Gustavus Swift die?
4. When did the Chicago Defender recommend that Southern blacks come North for employment?
(a) September 1918.
(b) February 1917.
(c) March 1916.
(d) June 1915.
5. In 1916, how much profit did Louis Swift clear?
(a) $11 million.
(b) $9 million.
(c) $13 million.
(d) $20 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ten: "Northern Fever," what should Mrs. Hunter have gotten for her house?
2. How far away was a white man throwing rocks at John and his friends on the raft?
3. What were the dimensions of the raft that John and his friends built?
4. In Eight: "A Stone's Throw," how many years after the Civil War ended were the first blacks hired in Union Stock Yard?
5. When was the black-owned Jesse Binga Bank opened?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)