Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Demerec summing up by the words, "Ten years ago they were visualized as fixed units with precise boundaries?"
2. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
3. Keller states in Chapter 12 that good science cannot proceed without what?
4. Who was quoted as saying, "By God, that woman is either crazy or a genius."?
5. Barbara McClintock sent off a paper entitled "Some Parallels Between Gene Control Systems in Maize and in Bacteria" to where?
Explain Watson and Crick's research, what they were famous for, and what their answer was to the question in Chapter 11, "how do genes make exact copies of themselves?"
Describe Barbara McClintock. What were some of her strengths and weaknesses? How do you picture Barbara from descriptions in the book? What kind of inner qualities did Barbara possess that made her a good scientist? Explain your answers and use specific information from the book to support your answers.
Do you think Evelyn Keller did a good job in describing what type of person Barbara McClintock was? How did Keller do at describing scientific jargon or vocabulary to the average reader? How did Keller touch each part of McClintock's life in her book? Explain your answers and use specific information from the book to support your explanations.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)