Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Demerec summing up by the words, "Ten years ago they were visualized as fixed units with precise boundaries?"
2. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
3. Keller states in Chapter 12 that good science cannot proceed without what?
4. Who was quoted as saying, "By God, that woman is either crazy or a genius."?
5. Barbara McClintock sent off a paper entitled "Some Parallels Between Gene Control Systems in Maize and in Bacteria" to where?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of Barbara McClintock to the world of science. Describe McClintock's importance to women in science. How did individuals benefit from knowing and working with McClintock?
Essay Topic 2
Describe your favorite section or chapter of the book. What people from this section did you like? Were there any individuals you didn't like? Why or why not? What appealed to you about this particular chapter or section? Are there any words of wisdom that you found in this section?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Rudolf Arnheim's words he wrote in Art and Visual Perception saying, "the realm of the unconscious could never enter our experience without the reflection of perceivable things." How does this quote relate to the life of Barbara McClintock?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)