Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Demerec summing up by the words, "Ten years ago they were visualized as fixed units with precise boundaries?"
2. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
3. Keller states in Chapter 12 that good science cannot proceed without what?
4. Who was quoted as saying, "By God, that woman is either crazy or a genius."?
5. Barbara McClintock sent off a paper entitled "Some Parallels Between Gene Control Systems in Maize and in Bacteria" to where?
What happened when the author of the book, Evelyn Keller, set out to get on tape and on paper the "recollections and musings" of Barbara McClintock? Describe the experience that Keller had with Barbara and what her impression was of her.
How does the quote we read in Chapter 9, "to say someone is obscure is to put the burden of that failure in communication on the speaker" relate to Barbara McClintock? Why do you think so many people had a hard time understanding or believing in Barbara?
Explain Watson and Crick's research, what they were famous for, and what their answer was to the question in Chapter 11, "how do genes make exact copies of themselves?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)