|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacterial chromosomes contain little, if any what?
(a) Plasma membrane.
2. Who said of Barbara that "she was able to convey it to someone who was completely outside the field. She was able to make it real?"
(a) Evelyn Witkin.
(b) Stanley Stephens.
(c) Marcus Rhoades.
(d) George Beadle.
3. In what month did a letter arrive from Barbara's old friend, George Beadle, suggesting she come to Stanford for a visit?
4. Who extended an invitation to Barbara to help in the collection and preservation of maize in Central and South America?
(a) The National Academies.
(b) The National Academy of Sciences.
(c) The Organization of National Sciences.
(d) The National Institute of Medicine.
5. In Chapter 7, Esther Parker had bought a farm that was located how many miles north of Ithaca?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein call a deep reverence for nature?
2. In what year did Evelyn Witkin come to Cold Spring Harbor?
3. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
4. Who was the theoretical physicist who was trained by Niels Bohr?
5. In what year was Barbara's last attempt to explain her work to her colleagues at Cold Spring Harbor?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)