|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. DNA makes RNA and RNA makes what?
2. After Barbara's efforts were in vain to explain her discoveries she didn't talk except for the annual reports in what?
(a) The Cold Spring Harbor yearbook.
(b) The Missouri yearbook.
(c) The Cornell yearbook.
(d) The CIW yearbook.
3. What does Keller state is a prerequisite for Barbara's extraordinary perspicacity?
(a) Her willingness to let her brain take over.
(b) Her drive to succeed.
(c) Her love for studying.
(d) Her ultimate knowledge.
4. When Barbara was unwilling to accept her failure to see the Neurospora chromosomes, she went outside to sit and meditate under what type of tree?
(b) Weeping Willow.
5. Who presented the first paper in the 1951 symposium?
(a) Lewis Stadler.
(b) Richard Goldschmidt.
(c) Milislav Demerec.
(d) Barbara McClintock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the mutant seedlings that Barbara had grown, what could be seen that didn't belong?
2. Who's number of year-round investigators hovered around six and eight?
3. Barbara felt like above all, one must have what?
4. In Chapter 8, Evelyn Keller talks about scientists that set out to understand a new principle of order. What does she say is one of the first things that the scientists do?
5. One of the few people that was interested in what Barbara had to say was Lotte Auerbach who was an animal geneticist from where?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)