Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1, A Historical Overview
1. What was the difference of studying genetics in maize versus Drosophilia?
2. What was the subject of the paper that Harriet Creighton and Barbara McClintock wrote in 1931?
3. What did James A. Peters say about the paper that Harriet Creighton and Barbara McClintock wrote?
4. Why was the year 1944 a crucial year for Barbara McClintock and the history of genetics?
5. What two people did Barbara McClintock invite to Cold Spring Harbor to outline the parallels with her own work and how...
This section contains 1,198 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)