Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, A Historical Overview
1. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
2. In what year was the term "genetics" coined?
3. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
4. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
5. What were the names of the flies that were used in studying genetics?
6. What was the name of the book that was published by Morgan, Sturtevant, Muller, and Bridges?
The Mechanism of Mendelian Heredity.
7. In what year did Barbara McClintock receive her Ph.D.?
8. What did Cornell geneticists study instead of fruit flies?
9. How often did fruit flies give geneticists a new generation to study?
Every 10 days.
10. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and...
This section contains 2,863 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)