|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Feeling for the Organism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Barbara's efforts were in vain to explain her discoveries she didn't talk except for the annual reports in what?
(a) The Missouri yearbook.
(b) The CIW yearbook.
(c) The Cold Spring Harbor yearbook.
(d) The Cornell yearbook.
2. Ribosomes are the what of protein synthesis?
(b) Garbage cans.
3. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
4. Who said, "She is sore at the world because of her conviction that she would have a much freer scientific opportunity if she were a man"?
(a) Warren Weaver.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) Harriet Creighton.
(d) T.H. Morgan.
5. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
(a) Leg thickness.
(b) Wing shape.
(c) Wing color.
(d) Eye shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
2. What part of the corn was considered to be the endosperm tissue?
3. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
4. In Milislav Demerec's first moves in his new position as the Director of the Department of Genetics of the Carnegie Institution of Washington, he gave Barbara a position for what length of time?
5. After what length of time did Demerec propose to make Barbara's position permanent at Cold Springs Harbor?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)