|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Feeling for the Organism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the cytology professor that gave Barbara private courses on Saturdays?
(a) Marcus Rhoades.
(b) Lester Sharp.
(c) Rollins Emerson.
(d) Thomas Belling.
2. In the mutant seedlings that Barbara had grown, what could be seen that didn't belong?
(a) Discolored kernals that were green.
(b) Rings around the outside husk of the corn.
(c) Streaks or spots of color.
(d) No growth of kernals in many spots.
3. Barbara felt like above all, one must have what?
(a) Ability to change our perception of things.
(b) Complete willingness to accept.
(c) Understanding of the possibility of the unknown.
(d) A feeling for the organism.
4. The subject of cytogenetics is about the relationship between the chromosomes and what?
(a) The nuclei.
(b) The genetic systems.
(c) The chromatids.
5. In the model that Monod and Jacob proposed, they stated that protein synthesis is not regulated by just the structural gene but by how many other genes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Barbara have the position of assistant professor?
2. What discovery was a great boost to cytological analysis in 1933?
3. Lewis Stadler had been at the University of Missouri in Columbia since what year?
4. What is another word for the process of synapsis?
5. How many parts are in the process of transposition?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)