|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Feeling for the Organism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Keller mentions that the adaptability of what tends to be especially unappreciated?
2. Who was quoted as saying, "By God, that woman is either crazy or a genius."?
(a) George Beadle.
(b) Evelyn Witkin.
(c) Esther Parker.
(d) Joshua Lederberg.
3. In Chapter 9, Evelyn Keller quotes Einstein. He said, "To these elementary laws there leads no logical path, but only" what?
4. Who wrote the Recent Advances in Cytology?
(a) C.D. Darlington.
(b) L.C. Dunn.
(c) Barbara McClintock.
(d) Ross Harrison.
5. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
(a) Fly Guy's Lab.
(b) Fly Room.
(c) Guy's Room.
(d) Fly Lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
2. What is another word for the process of synapsis?
3. Which type of RNA contains the information coding for the sequence of amino acids?
4. Who was the director of the 1951 symposium?
5. Who said, "She is sore at the world because of her conviction that she would have a much freer scientific opportunity if she were a man"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)