|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, A Feeling for the Organism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis Stadler had been at the University of Missouri in Columbia since what year?
2. George Beadle was a young graduate student from where?
(b) South Dakota.
3. In 1936, the University of Missouri offered Barbara what kind of position?
(a) Graduate Work Professor.
(b) Assistant Professor.
(c) Assistant Graduate Professor.
4. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
5. Who extended an invitation to Barbara to help in the collection and preservation of maize in Central and South America?
(a) The National Academy of Sciences.
(b) The Organization of National Sciences.
(c) The National Academies.
(d) The National Institute of Medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Lewis Stadler die?
2. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
3. How many kinds of RNA are made?
4. The step-by-step evolution of Barbara's interpretation could be followed from her annual reports she wrote for who?
5. Bacterial chromosomes contain little, if any what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)