|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cytology professor that helped Barbara on Saturdays also did what for her?
(a) He was her priest.
(b) He was a fellow researcher on a paper.
(c) He was her thesis advisor.
(d) He helped pay for a new bike for Barbara.
2. When Barbara went to visit Stadler in Missouri, she went to look at the corn that they had. Barbara noticed that they were calling the corn what?
(a) Barbara plants.
(b) Transfusion treat.
(c) McClintock corn.
(d) Ring chromosome plants.
3. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
(a) "Two genes-two enzymes".
(b) "One gene-one enzyme".
(c) "Two genes-one enzyme".
(d) "One gene-two enzymes".
4. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
5. In 1941, how many geneticists did Cold Spring Harbor draw?
(a) Over sixty.
(b) Over ninety.
(c) Over eighty.
(d) Over seventy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
2. How much was the grant that the Rockefeller Foundation gave to Stadler in the mid-1930's?
3. What does the term, dissociation mean?
4. How many chromosomes did corn or maize have?
5. Where did Harriet Creighton take a teaching job in 1934?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)