|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristically induces many chromosome breaks?
(a) Nuclear division.
(b) Sonic booms.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) X Rays.
2. How does an anatomist see chromosomes?
(a) As representing a chemical structure and a genetic code.
(b) As very small rod-shaped bodies possibly present in all cells.
(c) As a property of the organism.
(d) Through a math formula.
3. What is Neurospora?
(a) A green mold on mushrooms.
(b) A orange mold on corn.
(c) A red mold on bread.
(d) A gray mold on fruit.
4. Who was the co-author with McClintock on the paper that provided conclusive evidence for the chromosomal basis of genetics?
(a) Rollins Emerson.
(b) Harriet Creighton.
(c) George Beadle.
(d) Marcus Rhoades.
5. Who asked Barbara how she could have worked "for two years without knowing what was going to come out?"
(a) Milislav Demerec.
(b) George Beadle.
(c) Marcus Rhoades.
(d) Evelyn Witkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it became clear to Barbara that she could no longer stay at Missouri, what did she consider as a possible career?
2. In the mutant seedlings that Barbara had grown, what could be seen that didn't belong?
3. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
4. How long did Barbara have the position of assistant professor?
5. What did Barbara's uncle do for a living?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)