|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word that describes a chromosome that has two centromeres?
2. What did Cornell geneticists study instead of fruit flies?
3. Where did Harriet Creighton take a teaching job in 1934?
(b) Connecticut College for Women.
(d) University of Missouri.
4. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
5. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard B. Goldschmidt die?
2. Who was considered to be the severest critic in the field of genetics during Barbara's time in the field?
3. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
4. How many parts are in the process of transposition?
5. The three major concerns of twentieth-century biology have been and still are what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)