|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max Delbruck first came to the United States from what country?
2. What instrument did Barbara play in a jazz improvisation group?
(a) Tenor banjo.
(c) Bass guitar.
3. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(d) Radiation genetics.
4. What part of the corn was considered to be the endosperm tissue?
(a) The stalk.
(b) The silk.
(c) The kernel.
(d) The husk.
5. Who was the Vice President of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 1937?
(a) George Beadle.
(b) Harriet Creighton.
(c) T.H. Morgan.
(d) Ross Harrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did fruit flies give geneticists a new generation to study?
2. What was the first name of Barbara's father?
3. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
4. In what month did a letter arrive from Barbara's old friend, George Beadle, suggesting she come to Stanford for a visit?
5. In Drosophila a bacterium divide in two every how many minutes?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)