|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Evelyn Keller quotes Einstein. He said, "To these elementary laws there leads no logical path, but only" what?
2. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
3. In Chapter 1, it is mentioned that immune systems were studied in what animal?
4. Who said of Barbara that "she was able to convey it to someone who was completely outside the field. She was able to make it real?"
(a) George Beadle.
(b) Stanley Stephens.
(c) Marcus Rhoades.
(d) Evelyn Witkin.
5. What did Barbara's sister, Marjorie, become?
(a) A banker.
(b) A professional harpist.
(c) A rodeo queen.
(d) A school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the theoretical physicist who was trained by Niels Bohr?
2. How many parts are in the process of transposition?
3. What is the word that describes a chromosome that has two centromeres?
4. It is mentioned in Chapter 7 that in hindsight, most historians would say that the molecular revolution began at what time?
5. Barbara McClintock worked in Cold Spring Harbor since what year?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)