|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the principle object of interest to cytologists?
2. In Milislav Demerec's first moves in his new position as the Director of the Department of Genetics of the Carnegie Institution of Washington, he gave Barbara a position for what length of time?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
3. Who described Barbara as having a "green thumb" because everything she did turned into something big?
(a) L.C. Dunn.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) Her father, Dr. McClintock.
(d) Lewis Stadler.
4. In 1936, the University of Missouri offered Barbara what kind of position?
(b) Graduate Work Professor.
(c) Assistant Graduate Professor.
(d) Assistant Professor.
5. In the summer of 1931, an invitation from Lewis Stadler brought Barbara where?
(a) The University of Missouri.
(b) The University of Central Missouri.
(c) Webster University.
(d) Missouri State University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Harriet Creighton take a teaching job in 1934?
2. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
3. In what year did Cornell appoint its first woman assistant professor in something other than home economics?
4. Many mutations that were happening in the maize had never been seen before, and some of these involved gross changes in what?
5. What high school did Barbara attend?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)