|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A problem that had caught Barbara's fancy was a small body on the end of what chromosome?
(a) Chromosome 9.
(b) Chromosome 3.
(c) Chromosome 2.
(d) Chromosome 6.
2. When it became clear to Barbara that she could no longer stay at Missouri, what did she consider as a possible career?
3. When Barbara was taking a geology final when she was a Junior in college, what couldn't she remember?
(a) The room number the class was in.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her teacher's name.
(d) The name of the class.
4. Who discovered the enormous salivary chromosomes of Drosophila?
(a) J. Lenderberg.
(b) T. Painter.
(c) M. Rhoades.
(d) G. Beadle.
5. Ribosomes are the what of protein synthesis?
(d) Garbage cans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara's sister, Marjorie, become?
2. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
3. Who was the co-author with McClintock on the paper that provided conclusive evidence for the chromosomal basis of genetics?
4. What is another word for the process of synapsis?
5. Barbara McClintock worked in Cold Spring Harbor since what year?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)