|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Barbara was taking a geology final when she was a Junior in college, what couldn't she remember?
(a) The name of the class.
(b) The room number the class was in.
(c) Her teacher's name.
(d) Her name.
2. Who's number of year-round investigators hovered around six and eight?
(a) Cold Spring Harbor.
3. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
4. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
(a) Forty-five minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Five hours.
5. Who asked Barbara how she could have worked "for two years without knowing what was going to come out?"
(a) Evelyn Witkin.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) George Beadle.
(d) Milislav Demerec.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered the enormous salivary chromosomes of Drosophila?
2. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
3. What were the first chromosomes visible as?
4. What did Barbara McClintock receive her PhD in?
5. It is mentioned in Chapter 7 that in hindsight, most historians would say that the molecular revolution began at what time?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)