|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of the flies that were used in studying genetics?
2. When Barbara's father made an unofficial visit Frank Hanson concerning his daughter, he was currently working for what company as an industrial surgeon?
(a) Standard Oil.
(b) Rockefeller Group.
(c) Consolidated Iron Mines.
(d) World Oil.
3. In Chapter 7, Esther Parker had bought a farm that was located how many miles north of Ithaca?
4. In 1942, why had the atmosphere at Cold Spring Harbor become even quieter than normal?
(a) Because they closed their doors for a couple years.
(b) Because of the war.
(c) Because they didn't have any openings for new scientists.
(d) Because no one wanted to work with Barbara.
5. Who was Dean of Liberal Arts at Missouri in 1940?
(a) W.C. Curtis.
(b) Frank Hanson.
(c) Barbara McClintock.
(d) Lewis Stadler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the word or words that Barbara used in the book to describe a plant that was part dominant and part recessive?
2. What is the word that describes a chromosome that has two centromeres?
3. In what year did Richard B. Goldschmidt die?
4. Who was the President of the Carnegie Institution that Demerec urged Barbara to go talk to?
5. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)