|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Barbara write to to arrange an invitation to Cold Springs Harbor?
(a) Esther Parker.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) Rollins Emerson.
(d) Milislav Demerec.
2. What is the usual process by which cells duplicate themselves?
(c) Division prophase.
3. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
4. What is Neurospora?
(a) A red mold on bread.
(b) A gray mold on fruit.
(c) A green mold on mushrooms.
(d) A orange mold on corn.
5. What were the names of the flies that were used in studying genetics?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does an anatomist see chromosomes?
2. What characteristically induces many chromosome breaks?
3. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
4. Where did Harriet Creighton take a teaching job in 1934?
5. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)