|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Darlington described that in an adaptive hierarchy the chromosomes always come first. What comes second?
(a) Transposed cells.
(b) Second generation chromosomes.
2. Who wrote the Recent Advances in Cytology?
(a) Barbara McClintock.
(b) C.D. Darlington.
(c) L.C. Dunn.
(d) Ross Harrison.
3. Who was considered to be the severest critic in the field of genetics during Barbara's time in the field?
(a) Alfred Sturtevant.
(b) Stephen Jay Gould.
(c) Richard B. Goldschmidt.
(d) Barbara McClintock.
4. In the mutant seedlings that Barbara had grown, what could be seen that didn't belong?
(a) Rings around the outside husk of the corn.
(b) Streaks or spots of color.
(c) No growth of kernals in many spots.
(d) Discolored kernals that were green.
5. What profession did Barbara's father have?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a fisherman.
(c) He was a dentist.
(d) He was a horse trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1936, the University of Missouri offered Barbara what kind of position?
2. What did Cornell geneticists study instead of fruit flies?
3. When it became clear to Barbara that she could no longer stay at Missouri, what did she consider as a possible career?
4. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
5. How does a chemist see chromosomes?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)