|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Interlude: A Sketch of the Terrain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(c) Radiation genetics.
2. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Four years old.
(c) Four months old.
(d) Three months old.
3. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
(a) Charles Burnham.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) George Beadle.
(d) Rollins Emerson.
4. What year was it that Barbara requested a leave of absence without pay and left Missouri?
5. There was a gap that appeared in Barbara's list of publications. In what year did she not publish anything?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
2. In 1936, the University of Missouri offered Barbara what kind of position?
3. How much was the grant that the Rockefeller Foundation gave to Stadler in the mid-1930's?
4. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
5. Lew Stadler had been on the faculty at the University of Missouri in Columbia since what year?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)