|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Interlude: A Sketch of the Terrain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An experimental breeder can tell what a chromosomes is like from doing what?
(a) Peering at it through a microscope.
(b) Looking at the genetic code.
(c) Seeing diagrams of the particular chromosome.
(d) Looking at the whole organism.
2. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
(a) Eye shape.
(b) Wing color.
(c) Leg thickness.
(d) Wing shape.
3. Who discovered the enormous salivary chromosomes of Drosophila?
(a) J. Lenderberg.
(b) G. Beadle.
(c) M. Rhoades.
(d) T. Painter.
4. Lewis Stadler had been at the University of Missouri in Columbia since what year?
5. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Four years old.
(c) Three months old.
(d) Four months old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
2. What are considered to be the mainstay of genetic research?
3. A problem that had caught Barbara's fancy was a small body on the end of what chromosome?
4. What discovery was a great boost to cytological analysis in 1933?
5. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)