|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Interlude: A Sketch of the Terrain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
(a) "One gene-two enzymes".
(b) "Two genes-two enzymes".
(c) "One gene-one enzyme".
(d) "Two genes-one enzyme".
2. What profession did Barbara's father have?
(a) He was a dentist.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a horse trainer.
(d) He was a fisherman.
3. While at the University of Missouri, Barbara was given little encouragement and even another woman was promoted to the rank of associate professor of zoology. What was the woman's name?
(a) Harriet Creighton.
(b) Mary Jane Guthrie.
(c) Mary Jane Creighton.
(d) Harriet Guthrie.
4. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(b) Radiation genetics.
5. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barbara went to visit Stadler in Missouri, she went to look at the corn that they had. Barbara noticed that they were calling the corn what?
2. To what position was Barbara McClintock elected in 1945?
3. What did Stadler and McClintock share a keen interest in concerning maize?
4. What did Cornell geneticists study instead of fruit flies?
5. Who was considered to be the severest critic in the field of genetics during Barbara's time in the field?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)