|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Interlude: A Sketch of the Terrain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara McClintock worked in Cold Spring Harbor since what year?
2. To what position was Barbara McClintock elected in 1945?
(a) Secretary of the Genetics Society.
(b) Treasurer of the National Academy of Science.
(c) President of the Genetics Society.
(d) Vice President of the National Academy of Science.
3. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
4. What high school did Barbara attend?
(a) James Madison High School.
(b) Maxwell High School.
(c) Brooklyn High School.
(d) Erasmus Hall High School.
5. When Barbara went to visit Stadler in Missouri, she went to look at the corn that they had. Barbara noticed that they were calling the corn what?
(a) McClintock corn.
(b) Ring chromosome plants.
(c) Transfusion treat.
(d) Barbara plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute when Barbara received the Guggenheim Fellowship?
2. In Hanson's informal notes concerning Barbara, he claims that she weighed approximately how many pounds?
3. In Chapter 1, it is mentioned that immune systems were studied in what animal?
4. Who was the Vice President of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 1937?
5. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)