|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Interlude: A Sketch of the Terrain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Barbara McClintock receive her PhD in?
2. Lew Stadler had been on the faculty at the University of Missouri in Columbia since what year?
3. What high school did Barbara attend?
(a) Brooklyn High School.
(b) Maxwell High School.
(c) Erasmus Hall High School.
(d) James Madison High School.
4. In Hanson's informal notes concerning Barbara, he claims that she weighed approximately how many pounds?
5. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
(a) Maize studies.
(b) Fruit flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. An experimental breeder can tell what a chromosomes is like from doing what?
2. What did the Dean at the University of Missouri tell Barbara would happen if something happened to Stadler?
3. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
4. What was the principle object of interest to cytologists?
5. Who said, "For us, neither the chemical code, nor the linkage map of the chromosome, nor the genes embodied in it, are enough"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)