|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Interlude: A Sketch of the Terrain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, why did Barbara climb the side of a building and let herself in a window?
(a) Because she wanted to surprise a friend.
(b) Because she was trying to catch a cat.
(c) Because she had forgot her keys.
(d) Because she was displaying to her students that you can't always follow the norm.
2. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
(a) Guy's Room.
(b) Fly Lab.
(c) Fly Guy's Lab.
(d) Fly Room.
3. In what year did Barbara McClintock receive her Ph.D.?
4. What instrument did Barbara play in a jazz improvisation group?
(c) Tenor banjo.
(d) Bass guitar.
5. What is the word that describes a chromosome that has two centromeres?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
2. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
3. There was a gap that appeared in Barbara's list of publications. In what year did she not publish anything?
4. What did the Dean at the University of Missouri tell Barbara would happen if something happened to Stadler?
5. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)