|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, 1936-1941: University of Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
2. What year was it that Barbara requested a leave of absence without pay and left Missouri?
3. When it became clear to Barbara that she could no longer stay at Missouri, what did she consider as a possible career?
4. What high school did Barbara attend?
(a) Erasmus Hall High School.
(b) Maxwell High School.
(c) Brooklyn High School.
(d) James Madison High School.
5. Who was Dean of Liberal Arts at Missouri in 1940?
(a) W.C. Curtis.
(b) Frank Hanson.
(c) Lewis Stadler.
(d) Barbara McClintock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
2. Who was the head of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute when Barbara received the Guggenheim Fellowship?
3. While at the University of Missouri, Barbara was given little encouragement and even another woman was promoted to the rank of associate professor of zoology. What was the woman's name?
4. What characteristically induces many chromosome breaks?
5. When McClintock speaks about having no chance of being promoted she states that she was excluded from what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)