|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, 1936-1941: University of Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
2. What did the Dean at the University of Missouri tell Barbara would happen if something happened to Stadler?
(a) That they would have to fire her.
(b) That Stadler would try to get her to leave.
(c) That they would promote her to Stadler's job.
(d) That she could take the Dean's place after he retired.
3. What was the word or words that Barbara used in the book to describe a plant that was part dominant and part recessive?
(a) Dual matched.
4. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
(b) Fruit flies.
(d) Maize studies.
5. How much was the grant that the Rockefeller Foundation gave to Stadler in the mid-1930's?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that is used to describe the joining of fragments that have broken off a chromosome?
2. A problem that had caught Barbara's fancy was a small body on the end of what chromosome?
3. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
4. What position was Barbara McClintock elected to in 1939?
5. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)