|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, 1936-1941: University of Missouri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what position was Barbara McClintock elected in 1945?
(a) Secretary of the Genetics Society.
(b) Treasurer of the National Academy of Science.
(c) President of the Genetics Society.
(d) Vice President of the National Academy of Science.
2. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
3. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
4. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
5. Where are chromosomes found?
(a) In a cell's nucleous.
(b) In a cell's spindle.
(c) On a cell's centrosome.
(d) In a cell's nucleolus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute when Barbara received the Guggenheim Fellowship?
2. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
3. What does NOR stand for?
4. What did Barbara McClintock receive her PhD in?
5. Both of the grandparents on Barbara's mother side could be traced back to what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)