|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Becoming a Scientist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
2. The subject of cytogenetics is about the relationship between the chromosomes and what?
(a) The chromatids.
(c) The genetic systems.
(d) The nuclei.
3. What profession did Barbara's father have?
(a) He was a horse trainer.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a dentist.
(d) He was a fisherman.
4. Both of the grandparents on Barbara's mother side could be traced back to what?
(a) The Speedwell.
(b) The Boston Tea Party.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Mayflower.
5. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
(a) Division prophase.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
2. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
3. In what year was the first woman admitted to Cornell University?
4. How often did fruit flies give geneticists a new generation to study?
5. What was the name of the cytology professor that gave Barbara private courses on Saturdays?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)