|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Becoming a Scientist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both of the grandparents on Barbara's mother side could be traced back to what?
(a) The Speedwell.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) The Mayflower.
2. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
(a) She gave piano lessons.
(b) She gave violin lessons.
(c) She taught dance.
(d) She taught cooking classes.
3. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(c) Radiation genetics.
4. There were elements of the bacterial genome that were discovered that seemed to "jump around". These were called transposons, insertion elements, or what?
(a) Jumping elements.
(b) Jumping genes.
(c) Leaping genes.
(d) Leaping elements.
5. What instrument did Barbara play in a jazz improvisation group?
(a) Tenor banjo.
(d) Bass guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what position was Barbara McClintock elected in 1945?
2. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
3. What is the usual process by which cells duplicate themselves?
4. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
5. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)