|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Becoming a Scientist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
2. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
(d) Division prophase.
3. George Beadle was a young graduate student from where?
(b) South Dakota.
4. What instrument did Barbara play in a jazz improvisation group?
(b) Tenor banjo.
(c) Bass guitar.
5. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
(a) She taught cooking classes.
(b) She taught dance.
(c) She gave violin lessons.
(d) She gave piano lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
2. How often did fruit flies give geneticists a new generation to study?
3. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
4. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
5. How many chromosomes did corn or maize have?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)