|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Becoming a Scientist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
(a) Fruit flies.
(c) Maize studies.
2. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
(b) Division prophase.
3. In Chapter 1, it is mentioned that immune systems were studied in what animal?
4. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
5. What were the names of the flies that were used in studying genetics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
2. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
3. When Barbara was taking a geology final when she was a Junior in college, what couldn't she remember?
4. The cytology professor that helped Barbara on Saturdays also did what for her?
5. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)