|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Becoming a Scientist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
(a) Eye shape.
(b) Wing shape.
(c) Wing color.
(d) Leg thickness.
2. In what year was the term "genetics" coined?
3. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
4. What was the name of the cytology professor that gave Barbara private courses on Saturdays?
(a) Rollins Emerson.
(b) Lester Sharp.
(c) Thomas Belling.
(d) Marcus Rhoades.
5. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
(a) Marcus Rhoades.
(b) Rollins Emerson.
(c) George Beadle.
(d) Charles Burnham.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Barbara McClintock receive her Ph.D.?
2. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
3. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
4. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
5. Both of the grandparents on Barbara's mother side could be traced back to what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)