|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Becoming a Scientist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
2. What were the names of the flies that were used in studying genetics?
3. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
4. How often did fruit flies give geneticists a new generation to study?
(a) Every 10 days.
(b) Every 15 days.
(c) Every 20 days.
(d) Every 5 days.
5. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(b) Radiation genetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Barbara play in a jazz improvisation group?
2. What high school did Barbara attend?
3. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
4. What is another word for the process of synapsis?
5. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)