|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Capacity to Be Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(b) Radiation genetics.
2. Both of the grandparents on Barbara's mother side could be traced back to what?
(a) The Speedwell.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Mayflower.
(d) The Boston Tea Party.
3. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
(a) Maize studies.
(b) Fruit flies.
4. In Chapter 1, it is mentioned that immune systems were studied in what animal?
5. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
2. What did Barbara's uncle do for a living?
3. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
4. When Barbara was taking a geology final when she was a Junior in college, what couldn't she remember?
5. In what year was Barbara McClintock elected Vice President of the Genetics Society of America?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)