|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Capacity to Be Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
2. In what year was Barbara McClintock elected Vice President of the Genetics Society of America?
3. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Four months old.
(c) Four years old.
(d) Three months old.
4. In what year was the term "genetics" coined?
5. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(b) Radiation genetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
2. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
3. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
4. What was the name of the book that was published by Morgan, Sturtevant, Muller, and Bridges?
5. What profession did Barbara's father have?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)