|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Capacity to Be Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Barbara McClintock elected Vice President of the Genetics Society of America?
2. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
3. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
4. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
(a) Wing color.
(b) Eye shape.
(c) Wing shape.
(d) Leg thickness.
5. What was the name of the science that was born in T. H. Morgan's lab?
(a) Radiation genetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There were elements of the bacterial genome that were discovered that seemed to "jump around". These were called transposons, insertion elements, or what?
2. What did Barbara's sister, Marjorie, become?
3. What did Barbara's uncle do for a living?
4. What high school did Barbara attend?
5. In what year did Barbara McClintock receive her Ph.D.?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)