|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Capacity to Be Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
(a) Eye shape.
(b) Wing shape.
(c) Wing color.
(d) Leg thickness.
2. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) Two hours.
3. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
4. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
5. What profession did Barbara's father have?
(a) He was a horse trainer.
(b) He was a dentist.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of the flies that were used in studying genetics?
2. In what year did McClintock and her student, Harriet Creighton, publish a paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences?
3. When Barbara was taking a geology final when she was a Junior in college, what couldn't she remember?
4. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
5. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)