|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Capacity to Be Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date was Barbara McClintock born?
(a) June 30, 1903.
(b) June 16, 1902.
(c) June 21, 1908.
(d) June 1, 1901.
2. What profession did Barbara's father have?
(a) He was a horse trainer.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a fisherman.
(d) He was a dentist.
3. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
4. In what year did McClintock and her student, Harriet Creighton, publish a paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences?
5. In 1944, a paper was published demonstrating that what provided the material basis for inheritance?
(b) Fruit flies.
(d) Maize studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
2. What was the first name of Barbara's father?
3. What does Evelyn Keller state is the best word to describe Barbara McClintock's stance on life?
4. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
5. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)