|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is mentioned in Chapter 7 that in hindsight, most historians would say that the molecular revolution began at what time?
(a) The early 1940's.
(b) The late 1920's.
(c) The early 1930's.
(d) The early 1950's.
2. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Four months old.
(c) Three months old.
(d) Four years old.
3. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
4. Who was the President of the Carnegie Institution that Demerec urged Barbara to go talk to?
(a) Marcus Rhoades.
(b) Salvador Luria.
(c) Vannevar Bush.
(d) Charles B. Davenport.
5. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
2. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
3. Among plants in the first crop, there were patterns of variegation so unusual they "could not fail to catch the eye". What was so unusual about these kernels?
4. In what year was the Recent Advances in Cytology published?
5. Barbara McClintock worked in Cold Spring Harbor since what year?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)