|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word that describes a chromosome that has two centromeres?
2. Who said, "She is sore at the world because of her conviction that she would have a much freer scientific opportunity if she were a man"?
(a) Marcus Rhoades.
(b) Warren Weaver.
(c) Harriet Creighton.
(d) T.H. Morgan.
3. What profession did Barbara's father have?
(a) He was a fisherman.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a horse trainer.
(d) He was a dentist.
4. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
5. Who was quoted as saying, "By God, that woman is either crazy or a genius."?
(a) Esther Parker.
(b) George Beadle.
(c) Evelyn Witkin.
(d) Joshua Lederberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Barbara's efforts were in vain to explain her discoveries she didn't talk except for the annual reports in what?
2. Who presented the third paper in the 1951 symposium?
3. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
4. In the mutant seedlings that Barbara had grown, what could be seen that didn't belong?
5. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)