|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
2. In A Short History of Genetics, the decade preceding World War II was described as what decade of classical genetics?
(a) The evolving decade.
(b) The discovery decade.
(c) The newborn decade.
(d) The climactic decade.
3. In 1942, why had the atmosphere at Cold Spring Harbor become even quieter than normal?
(a) Because they didn't have any openings for new scientists.
(b) Because no one wanted to work with Barbara.
(c) Because they closed their doors for a couple years.
(d) Because of the war.
4. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
5. In what year was the first woman admitted to Cornell University?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
2. In what year did Cornell appoint its first woman assistant professor in something other than home economics?
3. What did Barbara think wasn't solvable, but was "merely a symbol"?
4. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
5. Evelyn Keller likens different "languages" in science from an example of Freeman Dyson, who was an "interpreter" for who?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)