|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
(a) The next annual Cold Spring Harbor Symposium.
(b) The publication of Recent Advances in Cytology.
(c) The gathering of the national Academy of Sciences.
(d) The next scientist's convention at Rutgers University.
2. How does an anatomist see chromosomes?
(a) As very small rod-shaped bodies possibly present in all cells.
(b) As representing a chemical structure and a genetic code.
(c) As a property of the organism.
(d) Through a math formula.
3. How long did the first conversation between Evelyn Keller and Barbara McClintock last?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) Two hours.
4. It is mentioned in Chapter 7 that in hindsight, most historians would say that the molecular revolution began at what time?
(a) The early 1950's.
(b) The early 1940's.
(c) The early 1930's.
(d) The late 1920's.
5. The differences that were studied in fruit flies had to do with their eye color and what else?
(a) Wing shape.
(b) Leg thickness.
(c) Wing color.
(d) Eye shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the corn was considered to be the endosperm tissue?
2. In 1936, the University of Missouri offered Barbara what kind of position?
3. How many parts are in the process of transposition?
4. The subject of cytogenetics is about the relationship between the chromosomes and what?
5. There were elements of the bacterial genome that were discovered that seemed to "jump around". These were called transposons, insertion elements, or what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)