|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Esther Parker had bought a farm that was located how many miles north of Ithaca?
2. Ribosomes are the what of protein synthesis?
(a) Garbage cans.
3. What was the name of T.H. Morgan's single laboratory at Columbia University?
(a) Fly Lab.
(b) Fly Guy's Lab.
(c) Guy's Room.
(d) Fly Room.
4. When was Barbara's obvious occasion to present the full account of her work?
(a) The gathering of the national Academy of Sciences.
(b) The publication of Recent Advances in Cytology.
(c) The next scientist's convention at Rutgers University.
(d) The next annual Cold Spring Harbor Symposium.
5. Who wrote the book, Embryology and Genetics?
(a) C.D. Darlington.
(b) Barbara McClintock.
(c) T.H. Morgan.
(d) L.C. Dunn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Barbara's father have?
2. How long did Barbara have the position of assistant professor?
3. When Barbara was unwilling to accept her failure to see the Neurospora chromosomes, she went outside to sit and meditate under what type of tree?
4. What discovery was a great boost to cytological analysis in 1933?
5. What did Barbara think wasn't solvable, but was "merely a symbol"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)