|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Molecular Biology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1936, the University of Missouri offered Barbara what kind of position?
(a) Graduate Work Professor.
(b) Assistant Professor.
(c) Assistant Graduate Professor.
2. Max Delbruck first came to the United States from what country?
3. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
4. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
(a) Marcus Rhoades.
(b) George Beadle.
(c) Rollins Emerson.
(d) Charles Burnham.
5. What year did Barbara McClintock graduate from Cornell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are chromosomes found?
2. In Chapter 10, who did Stadler quote to support one of his arguments?
3. What part of the corn was considered to be the endosperm tissue?
4. How long did it take for Barbara to get from her first clues to her final interpretation dealing with transposition?
5. What did Cornell geneticists study instead of fruit flies?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)