|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Career for Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hanson's informal notes concerning Barbara, he claims that she weighed approximately how many pounds?
2. What is another word for the process of synapsis?
3. What was the term that McClintock phrased that meant a capacity to change positions?
4. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
(a) "Two genes-two enzymes".
(b) "Two genes-one enzyme".
(c) "One gene-one enzyme".
(d) "One gene-two enzymes".
5. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
2. When Barbara went to visit Stadler in Missouri, she went to look at the corn that they had. Barbara noticed that they were calling the corn what?
3. Who was the co-author with McClintock on the paper that provided conclusive evidence for the chromosomal basis of genetics?
4. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
5. What high school did Barbara attend?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)