|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Career for Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
2. What were the first chromosomes visible as?
(a) Large square-like shapes.
(b) Small circular shapes.
(c) Long slender threads.
(d) Short fat chunks.
3. When Barbara went to visit Stadler in Missouri, she went to look at the corn that they had. Barbara noticed that they were calling the corn what?
(a) Ring chromosome plants.
(b) Transfusion treat.
(c) McClintock corn.
(d) Barbara plants.
4. What does NOR stand for?
(a) Nucleus order regulator.
(b) Nucleous orange region.
(c) Negative opening region.
(d) Nucleolar organizer region.
5. In what year was the first woman admitted to Cornell University?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book that was published by Morgan, Sturtevant, Muller, and Bridges?
2. What did Barbara's sister, Marjorie, become?
3. Who discovered the enormous salivary chromosomes of Drosophila?
4. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
5. There were elements of the bacterial genome that were discovered that seemed to "jump around". These were called transposons, insertion elements, or what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)