|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Career for Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ribosomes are the what of protein synthesis?
(a) Garbage cans.
2. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
(a) Division prophase.
3. In what year did Cornell appoint its first woman assistant professor in something other than home economics?
4. In what year was Barbara McClintock born?
5. How many papers did McClintock publish between the years of 1929 and 1931?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the term "genetics" coined?
2. The cytology professor that helped Barbara on Saturdays also did what for her?
3. In Chapter 1, it is mentioned that immune systems were studied in what animal?
4. Who said, "She is sore at the world because of her conviction that she would have a much freer scientific opportunity if she were a man"?
5. What did Barbara's uncle do for a living?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)