|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Career for Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the first chromosomes visible as?
(a) Long slender threads.
(b) Short fat chunks.
(c) Large square-like shapes.
(d) Small circular shapes.
2. What was the name of the cytology professor that gave Barbara private courses on Saturdays?
(a) Rollins Emerson.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) Lester Sharp.
(d) Thomas Belling.
3. Ribosomes are the what of protein synthesis?
(b) Garbage cans.
4. The cytology professor that helped Barbara on Saturdays also did what for her?
(a) He was her priest.
(b) He helped pay for a new bike for Barbara.
(c) He was a fellow researcher on a paper.
(d) He was her thesis advisor.
5. In the summer of 1931, an invitation from Lewis Stadler brought Barbara where?
(a) Webster University.
(b) The University of Missouri.
(c) Missouri State University.
(d) The University of Central Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What high school did Barbara attend?
2. Who discovered the enormous salivary chromosomes of Drosophila?
3. When Barbara's father made an unofficial visit Frank Hanson concerning his daughter, he was currently working for what company as an industrial surgeon?
4. Who was the co-author with McClintock on the paper that provided conclusive evidence for the chromosomal basis of genetics?
5. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)