|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Career for Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book that was published by Morgan, Sturtevant, Muller, and Bridges?
(a) The Mechanism of Mendelian Heredity.
(b) Medelian Mode of Inheritance.
(c) The Theory of Mendelian Heredity.
(d) Mendelian Segregation.
2. A problem that had caught Barbara's fancy was a small body on the end of what chromosome?
(a) Chromosome 9.
(b) Chromosome 6.
(c) Chromosome 3.
(d) Chromosome 2.
3. How old was Barbara when her name was changed to Barbara?
(a) Four years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Four months old.
(d) Three months old.
4. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
5. In what year was the term "genetics" coined?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
2. In what year did McClintock complete her graduate work?
3. What does NOR stand for?
4. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
5. In what year did Barbara McClintock receive her Ph.D.?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)