|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cold Spring Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An experimental breeder can tell what a chromosomes is like from doing what?
(a) Looking at the genetic code.
(b) Seeing diagrams of the particular chromosome.
(c) Looking at the whole organism.
(d) Peering at it through a microscope.
2. In what month did a letter arrive from Barbara's old friend, George Beadle, suggesting she come to Stanford for a visit?
3. What was the principle object of interest to cytologists?
4. Who's number of year-round investigators hovered around six and eight?
(c) Cold Spring Harbor.
5. In what year did Richard B. Goldschmidt die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Barbara's mother?
2. What discovery was a great boost to cytological analysis in 1933?
3. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
4. Chromosomes became shorter and thicker during the first stage of what?
5. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)