|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cold Spring Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Richard B. Goldschmidt die?
2. Who was the President of the Carnegie Institution that Demerec urged Barbara to go talk to?
(a) Vannevar Bush.
(b) Salvador Luria.
(c) Marcus Rhoades.
(d) Charles B. Davenport.
3. Who's number of year-round investigators hovered around six and eight?
(d) Cold Spring Harbor.
4. Who wrote the Recent Advances in Cytology?
(a) L.C. Dunn.
(b) Barbara McClintock.
(c) C.D. Darlington.
(d) Ross Harrison.
5. How does an anatomist see chromosomes?
(a) As representing a chemical structure and a genetic code.
(b) As very small rod-shaped bodies possibly present in all cells.
(c) As a property of the organism.
(d) Through a math formula.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hanson's informal notes concerning Barbara, he claims that she weighed approximately how many pounds?
2. In 1941, how many geneticists did Cold Spring Harbor draw?
3. What did Barbara McClintock receive her PhD in?
4. In what year was the Recent Advances in Cytology published?
5. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)