|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cold Spring Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the first woman admitted to Cornell University?
2. What is the word that is used to describe the joining of fragments that have broken off a chromosome?
3. Who did Barbara write to to arrange an invitation to Cold Springs Harbor?
(a) Rollins Emerson.
(b) Milislav Demerec.
(c) Marcus Rhoades.
(d) Esther Parker.
4. What was the first name of Barbara's father?
5. In 1942, why had the atmosphere at Cold Spring Harbor become even quieter than normal?
(a) Because they closed their doors for a couple years.
(b) Because of the war.
(c) Because they didn't have any openings for new scientists.
(d) Because no one wanted to work with Barbara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stadler and McClintock share a keen interest in concerning maize?
2. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
3. What did Barbara's sister, Marjorie, become?
4. Who said, "I've known a lot of famous scientists. But the only one I thought really was a genius was McClintock"?
5. In the summer of 1931, an invitation from Lewis Stadler brought Barbara where?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)