|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cold Spring Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1933, Barbara received a Guggenheim Fellowship to go where?
2. In Chapter 7, Esther Parker had bought a farm that was located how many miles north of Ithaca?
3. In what year did Richard B. Goldschmidt die?
4. In the fall of what year did Evelyn Keller drive out to Cold Spring Harbor to speak with Barbara McClintock?
5. In 1942, why had the atmosphere at Cold Spring Harbor become even quieter than normal?
(a) Because they closed their doors for a couple years.
(b) Because they didn't have any openings for new scientists.
(c) Because no one wanted to work with Barbara.
(d) Because of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "For us, neither the chemical code, nor the linkage map of the chromosome, nor the genes embodied in it, are enough"?
2. What does Evelyn Keller state is the best word to describe Barbara McClintock's stance on life?
3. What did Stadler and McClintock share a keen interest in concerning maize?
4. In what year was the Recent Advances in Cytology published?
5. Who's number of year-round investigators hovered around six and eight?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)