|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cold Spring Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Richard B. Goldschmidt die?
2. A problem that had caught Barbara's fancy was a small body on the end of what chromosome?
(a) Chromosome 3.
(b) Chromosome 2.
(c) Chromosome 6.
(d) Chromosome 9.
3. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
(a) "Two genes-one enzyme".
(b) "One gene-two enzymes".
(c) "One gene-one enzyme".
(d) "Two genes-two enzymes".
4. How many kinds of nuclear division do cells undergo?
5. What did Barbara McClintock receive her PhD in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that is used to describe the joining of fragments that have broken off a chromosome?
2. Where did Harriet Creighton take a teaching job in 1934?
3. The subject of cytogenetics is about the relationship between the chromosomes and what?
4. At what age did Barbara ask for a set of tools?
5. When the National Academy of Sciences elected Barbara McClintock as a member, how many other women before her had held that particular honor?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)