|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Cold Spring Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Esther Parker had bought a farm that was located how many miles north of Ithaca?
2. What date was Barbara McClintock born?
(a) June 30, 1903.
(b) June 1, 1901.
(c) June 16, 1902.
(d) June 21, 1908.
3. What kind of work did Barbara's mother do contribute and make money?
(a) She taught cooking classes.
(b) She taught dance.
(c) She gave piano lessons.
(d) She gave violin lessons.
4. Who was the head of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute when Barbara received the Guggenheim Fellowship?
(a) Richard B. Goldschmidt.
(b) Marcus Rhoades.
(c) Curt Stern.
(d) Lewis Stadler.
5. What was the name of Edward Tatum and George Beadle's hypothesis?
(a) "One gene-one enzyme".
(b) "Two genes-two enzymes".
(c) "One gene-two enzymes".
(d) "Two genes-one enzyme".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "She is sore at the world because of her conviction that she would have a much freer scientific opportunity if she were a man"?
2. What was the name of the cytology professor that gave Barbara private courses on Saturdays?
3. What is another word for the process of synapsis?
4. What instrument did Barbara play in a jazz improvisation group?
5. When Barbara was taking a geology final when she was a Junior in college, what couldn't she remember?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)