|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how long is the grant for that is offered to Anna?
2. Where does Anna remember going on a vacation with her mother and Aunt Jane two years after her father died?
3. What is the name of a lecturer that Fran's husband has an affair with?
4. When Kirsty brings Hamish to stay with Anna, how long will Kirsty be gone?
5. What type of festival does Magnus and his band play in at the end of Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who does Anna find at Tom's house?
2. What type of routine does Anna fall into when she is with her mother in Chapter 23?
3. What advice does Anna's mother give her regarding Tom in Chapter 24?
4. In Chapter 14, what does Tom take Anna to see, and what does the creature look like?
5. In Chapter 24, what does Anna give her mother for a present?
6. Why is Greg in trouble in Chapter 15?
7. At the end of Chapter 15, why will Tom not read Anna's letter to Fran, and why does he think the letter is okay?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 25, where is Tom and why?
9. What does Anna learn about Tom's father from reading his obituary?
10. Why does Kirsty want Anna to watch Hamish for two weeks in July?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel takes place in Boston, Turtle Island, and Shetland. How do the various setting evoke feelings or set the tone in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Anna had a very close relationship with her father. What had Anna’s father told her about his family? What does Anna learn about his family when she visits them? How does the things that Anna learns change her opinion of her father?
Essay Topic 3
Anna delivers Kirsty’s baby during a cyclone. What type of relationship do Anna and Kirsty have before the cyclone? How does the cyclone change their relationship and why?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)