|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tern chicks are found dying or dead in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 8, how long do Polly and Anna tag turtles together?
3. How old does Anna think that Basil is?
4. At the end of Chapter 9, how many more months does Anna have to spend on the island?
5. What does it cost to stay at the campground on Turtle Island per night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tom Scarlett?
2. What does Anna notice when she steps on the island?
3. How did Anna's father die?
4. What is the campsite area like that Anna is to supervise?
5. What does Anna see at the end of Chapter 4?
6. Who is Fran Fenton?
7. Why does Anna struggle to sleep in Chapter 3?
8. What are the accomodations like when Anna goes to Lost Cay with Tom?
9. What is the turtle rodeo?
10. How do Anna and Polly work together to tag turtles in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Collette is Tom’s boss. What does Anna learn about herself from observing Collette? How does what she learns influence her to change?
Essay Topic 2
The novel takes place in Boston, Turtle Island, and Shetland. How do the various setting evoke feelings or set the tone in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Mood is the overall feeling that readers have when reading a story. What is the overall mood of A Drop in the Ocean? Do events and locations change the mood?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)