|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Bella refers to as "Tall-man" in Chapter 16?
2. What does Bella describe Mike bringing to Sylvia in Chapter 20?
3. What is Axel's response when Tom says to him in Chapter 24, "I just wish you would let people help you, Axel" (271)?
4. Who pleads with Axel to go with the others when they go south in Chapter 23?
5. What causes Bella and Dutch to attack Mike in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella steal from the grocery store in Chapter 22? What are the repercussions of this action?
2. Who is Axel and where does he live?
3. Who is Mike and what conflicts does he present in the narrative?
4. How and where does Bella first meet Big Kitten?
5. How does Bella almost die in Chapter 21?
6. What is done to help the man after the avalanche in Chapter 16?
7. How does Kurch respond to being reunited with Dutch?
8. Who is Tom and why is he important in the narrative?
9. What happens when the coyotes attack in Chapter 14?
10. How does Bella initially encounter Dutch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Sylvia in A Dog's Way Home. Why do Bella and Dutch live with Sylvia for a period of time? How does Sylvia treat the dogs? Why do Bella and Dutch leave her home?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss three examples of imagery in A Dog's Way Home. What similes are seen in the text? What metaphors are used? How is onomatopoeia employed? How would you say each example has served you as a reader?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss three examples of foreshadowing in A Dog's Way Home. What does each example foretell? Are there any red herrings in the narrative? What is the purpose of each example used by the author?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)