|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dutch begin chasing in Chapter 18?
2. What causes Bella and Dutch to attack Mike in Chapter 20?
3. How is Gavin related to Sylvia?
4. Where are Gavin and Taylor planning on going in the future?
5. Who is described as Dutch's Lucas in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Axel die? How does Bella respond?
2. Who is Tom and why is he important in the narrative?
3. How and where does Bella first meet Big Kitten?
4. How does Bella initially encounter Dutch?
5. How does Bella save the kittens in Chapter 20?
6. What are Bella's impressions of Gavin and Taylor?
7. How is the setting of Kurch's home described?
8. What does Sylvia tell Gavin when he returns for the dogs in Chapter 21? Why is this a cause for tension in the reader?
9. Who is Mike and what conflicts does he present in the narrative?
10. Who is Sylvia and how is she described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the plot structure of A Dog's Way Home. What is the inciting incident of the plot? Where does the climax of the novel occur? What information is revealed in the falling action and denouement of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of breed discrimination legislation in A Dog's Way Home. What does this term mean? How does breed discrimination impact the plot of this novel? What are the author's opinions of breed discrimination legislation?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bella's relationship with Big Kitten. What kind of animal is Big Kitten? Where does Bella meet her? How do they help one another along their journey? When and where do they part ways?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)