|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman from the maintenance department that meets Bella in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Audrey say she is taking Bella to a foster home in Chapter 10?
3. In what location is the crawlspace where Bella was born?
4. Lucas's mother says to him in Chapter 2, "I guess if there's anything I don't need to lecture you about, it's" what (22)?
5. After how long of a delay does Gunter say he finally got his demo permit in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brad comes to Terri's home in Chapter 5?
2. What violations does the man from animal control cite when he encounters Bella in Chapter 8?
3. Where was Bella born and where did she spend her early youth?
4. What does the dead squirrel symbolize in the narrative?
5. Where is Bella taken in Chapter 11? Why?
6. What does Lucas do when he sees the demolition crew about to begin work next door in Chapter 2/3?
7. What leads up to the protest in Chapter 7?
8. Who is Dr. Gann and what threat does he present in the narrative?
9. What mental/emotional struggles does Terri face? How did these issues originate?
10. How is the setting of the pound described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Bella's relationship with Big Kitten. What kind of animal is Big Kitten? Where does Bella meet her? How do they help one another along their journey? When and where do they part ways?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Lucas in A Dog's Way Home. What are Lucas's objectives in the novel? With whom does Lucas share relationships and how would you describe those relationships? What is Lucas's relationship with Bella like?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss three examples of foreshadowing in A Dog's Way Home. What does each example foretell? Are there any red herrings in the narrative? What is the purpose of each example used by the author?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)