|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the man mouth-to-mouth after the avalanche in Chapter 16?
2. What is the name of Dutch's owner's sister?
3. How has the deer been killed that Bella and Big Kitten discover in Chapter 15?
(a) It was shot with a gun.
(b) It was hit by a car.
(c) It died from old age.
(d) It was shot with an arrow.
4. Where are Gavin and Taylor planning on going in the future?
5. What does the homeless man do while Bella is eating his treats in the end of Chapter 22?
(a) He kicks her.
(b) He throws rocks at her.
(c) He brushes her.
(d) He puts a leash on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gavin related to Sylvia?
2. How many fractures does Dutch's owner say he got in the avalanche in Chapter 18?
3. What is Axel's response when Tom says to him in Chapter 24, "I just wish you would let people help you, Axel" (271)?
4. What animal does Big Kitten take Bella to feed on in Chapter 13?
5. What happens after the kittens fall into the pool in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bella save the kittens in Chapter 20?
2. How does Bella almost die in Chapter 21?
3. How does Bella initially encounter Dutch?
4. What does Sylvia tell Gavin when he returns for the dogs in Chapter 21? Why is this a cause for tension in the reader?
5. Who trashes Axel's belongings and what is done about it?
6. What happens when the coyotes attack in Chapter 14?
7. What are Bella's impressions of Gavin and Taylor?
8. Who is Tom and why is he important in the narrative?
9. How does the presence of snow change the circumstances for Bella and Big Kitten in Chapter 15?
10. Who is Chloe and what are Bella's impressions of her?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)