|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Officer Mendez's first name?
2. What is the name of the dog that Bella sees when the avalanche hits in Chapter 15?
3. Where does one of the hikers say they will take Bella and Dutch the next day in Chapter 16?
(a) Grand Junction.
4. What is Axel's response when Tom says to him in Chapter 24, "I just wish you would let people help you, Axel" (271)?
(a) "I don't want people's help so leave."
(b) "I don't need anyone but my dog."
(c) "No one can help me now."
(d) "It's people who did this to me, Tom."
5. What animal does Big Kitten lead Bella to for food after she has hunted it in Chapter 15?
(a) A dog.
(b) A coyote.
(c) An elk.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella describe Mike bringing to Sylvia in Chapter 20?
2. Where is Taylor going on a trip when he and Gavin prepare to take the dogs back to their owner in Chapter 18?
3. What food does the man who performs mouth-to-mouth give to Bella and the other dog in Chapter 16?
4. What is Gavin's profession?
5. Where does Dutch's owner say he is going to live with his brother and his wife next month in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done to help the man after the avalanche in Chapter 16?
2. How does Bella initially encounter Dutch?
3. Who trashes Axel's belongings and what is done about it?
4. Where do Gavin and Taylor take Bella and Dutch in Chapter 17? Why?
5. How does Bella save the kittens in Chapter 20?
6. Who is Axel and where does he live?
7. How is the setting of Kurch's home described?
8. How and where does Bella first meet Big Kitten?
9. What does Bella steal from the grocery store in Chapter 22? What are the repercussions of this action?
10. How does Bella almost die in Chapter 21?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)