|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bella find to eat when she crawls into a garage in Chapter 22?
(a) Hot dogs.
(b) Dog food.
(c) Beef jerky.
2. What prey do Bella and Big Kitten steal from the fox in Chapter 13?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A fox.
(d) A skunk.
3. What mix of dog do the hikers assess Bella to be in Chapter 16?
(a) Doberman pinscher and whale.
(b) German shepherd and wolf.
(c) Bernese mountain dog and bear.
(d) Bullmastiff and cow.
4. Who gives the man mouth-to-mouth after the avalanche in Chapter 16?
5. Who is Bella reminded of when the homeless man buys glass bottles in the store?
6. What is the name of the man that Bella refers to as "Tall-man" in Chapter 16?
7. How does Bella describe the fireplace when she lives with Axel in the park?
(a) A concrete block.
(b) A square of old logs.
(c) A metal box on a pole.
(d) A trash can with paper inside.
8. What is the name of Dutch's owner's sister?
9. What does Bella do when she smells Dutch's location from the car in Chapter 19?
(a) She does nothing.
(b) She growls.
(c) She jumps out the window.
(d) She barks.
10. What smell permeates Sylvia's house?
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(d) Smoked meats.
11. What animal does Big Kitten take Bella to feed on in Chapter 13?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A deer.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) An elk.
12. What is Axel's response when Tom says to him in Chapter 24, "I just wish you would let people help you, Axel" (271)?
(a) "No one can help me now."
(b) "I don't need anyone but my dog."
(c) "It's people who did this to me, Tom."
(d) "I don't want people's help so leave."
13. Where is Bella when she is living with Axel?
14. What does Bella describe Mike bringing to Sylvia in Chapter 20?
(a) A gun.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(d) A bow and arrow.
15. What food does the man who performs mouth-to-mouth give to Bella and the other dog in Chapter 16?
(a) Beef jerky.
(c) Dry dog food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella do after meeting the kittens in Chapter 20?
2. What is Gavin's profession?
3. Bella says in the end of Chapter 16, "I knew, though, that life was never that easy, that instead of doors being opened for you, to get anywhere, you have to" do what (197)?
4. What are the primary industries in Farmington?
5. What have the poachers shot when Bella encounters them in the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)