|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Bella steal from the grocery store in Chapter 22?
(a) Hot dogs.
(b) Beef jerky.
(d) Dog food.
2. What mix of dog do the hikers assess Bella to be in Chapter 16?
(a) Bernese mountain dog and bear.
(b) Bullmastiff and cow.
(c) German shepherd and wolf.
(d) Doberman pinscher and whale.
3. What is the name of Dutch's owner's sister?
4. What animal does Big Kitten lead Bella to for food after she has hunted it in Chapter 15?
(a) A coyote.
(b) An elk.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
5. What is the name of the man that Bella refers to as "Tall-man" in Chapter 16?
6. Who pleads with Axel to go with the others when they go south in Chapter 23?
7. Who is described as Dutch's Lucas in Chapter 22?
8. What does Sylvia say Mike stole from her in Chapter 21?
(a) Her checkbook.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her television.
9. Where is Bella when she is living with Axel?
10. What smell permeates Sylvia's house?
(c) Cigarette smoke.
(d) Smoked meats.
11. How does Bella describe the fireplace when she lives with Axel in the park?
(a) A trash can with paper inside.
(b) A square of old logs.
(c) A metal box on a pole.
(d) A concrete block.
12. What is the name of the dog that Bella sees when the avalanche hits in Chapter 15?
13. How many coyotes are closing in on Bella and Big Kitten in the end of Chapter 13?
14. What does Gavin say his mom's dog was named in Chapter 17?
15. What does Bella do after meeting the kittens in Chapter 20?
(a) She begins barking nonstop.
(b) She knocks them into the pool.
(c) She chases them around the yard.
(d) She goes and sits by the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Bella and Dutch to attack Mike in Chapter 20?
2. What is Officer Mendez's first name?
3. What is Axel's response when Tom says to him in Chapter 24, "I just wish you would let people help you, Axel" (271)?
4. Where are Gavin and Taylor planning on going in the future?
5. How many fractures does Dutch's owner say he got in the avalanche in Chapter 18?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)