|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Lucas going to start at the VA in Chapter 4?
(a) Administrative assistant.
(b) General practitioner.
2. What does Lucas say Olivia calls him in Chapter 6?
(a) White Bread Boy.
(b) Dog Man.
(c) Doctor Man.
(d) Smooth Operator.
3. What is Olivia's last name?
4. What is the name of the big dog at the foster home where Bella is taken in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 7, Bella says, "I thought snow was the most amazing thing I'd encountered since" what (83)?
(a) "Go to Work."
(b) "No Bark."
(c) "Go Home."
(d) "Tiny Piece of Cheese."
6. What leads to Lucas's mother going to the hospital in Chapter 5?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She has a seizure.
(d) She has a stroke.
7. Who is the man who takes Bella to keep her hidden while Luca's mother is at her appointment in Chapter 6?
8. Where does Audrey say her brother is studying film in Chapter 3?
(b) CU Boulder.
(c) CU Denver.
9. What kind of dogs does Lucas say his aunt had when he was growing up?
10. Who writes a note claiming that Bella is an emotional support dog in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Stevens.
(b) Dr. O'Connor.
(c) Dr. Sterling.
(d) Dr. Gunn.
11. Who is the demolition crew member that faces off with Lucas in Chapter 2?
12. In what location is the crawlspace where Bella was born?
(c) San Jose.
13. Why does Gunter say everyone is building now in Chapter 4?
(a) Because of the new artist colony.
(b) Because of the economic boom.
(c) Because the new hospital is going in.
(d) Because the new mall is going in.
14. What are the boys doing when Bella encounters them in the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Riding bikes.
(b) Smoking cigarettes.
(c) Running from police.
(d) Shooting bottles.
15. Who does Lucas say he believes will hire him at the VA in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Stevens.
(b) Dr. Strike.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
(d) Dr. Gann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the aunt that Lucas lived with growing up?
2. What word from Chapter 2 means strongly suggestive of something?
3. When the men are rounding up the cats in Chapter 1, one remarks that someone "didn't say anything about dogs" (6). Who is he referencing?
4. Who is the woman from the maintenance department that meets Bella in Chapter 6?
5. What is set to be erected where the cat colony is located in Chapter 1?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)