Chapters 1 – 6
• NOTE: Citations in this Lesson Plan refer to the following version of the book: Cameron, W. Bruce. A Dog’s Way Home. Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC, 2017. Kindle edition.
• The narrative of this contemporary novel comes from the unique first-person perspective of its protagonist, a mixed-breed dog named Bella.
• In Chapter 1, Bella describes her first memories, which are of cats.
• Bella was born in a crawlspace beneath a row of dilapidated houses and amongst a large feral cat colony.
• When Bella is not nursing with her siblings, she goes to a corner in the crawlspace where a cat that Bella calls Mother Cat cares for her own litter. Bella plays with Mother Cat’s kittens every day.
• One day, while Bella is nursing, two men appear with flashlights and discover the cat colony in the crawlspace. They refer to Gunter and discuss calling an exterminator.
• Bella’s mother...
This section contains 5,046 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)