|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the main character's favorite things is to learn new tricks like "Sit" or "________________".
2. Where do the dog and his family live?
3. What is the dog's foremost job?
4. Where does Toby now live?
5. What does Chelsea tell the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
2. How does Toby defend Sister? What does this reveal about him?
3. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
4. How is Todd still a problem? Is this problem lessening? Why or why not?
5. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
6. How does the start of this section compare to the previous one?
7. What does Todd do in this section? Why?
8. What is the reason Bailey does not like the flip? What does this say about him?
9. How is the end of this life like the last? Why?
10. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The dog has a very important purpose throughout his many lives.
Part 1) What is this purpose? How is this purpose revealed in each life? How does he come to realize his purpose? How does he feel about this purpose? Why does he feel this way?
Part 2) How can humans relate to this purpose? What are purposes that humans can have? How do these compare to this dog's purpose?
Part 3) What do you believe is your purpose in life? How can you fulfill this purpose?
Essay Topic 2
The main character is joyful to be a dog.
Part 1) Why is the dog joyful? How is this seen through his thoughts and actions?
Part 2) How else does the dog feel in this story? Why does he feel this way? How does this compare to those around him?
Part 3) How can the reader relate to the main character's feelings? How is personification used regarding the dog's emotions?
Essay Topic 3
The main character is a dog that goes through four reincarnations.
Part 1) What is reincarnation? Why might this dog go through reincarnation? How does he change with every reincarnation? What leads to this change?
Part 2) Do you believe that the last life in this story is his final life? Why or why not? How is this last life different from the others? What has he learned from these lives?
Part 3) How is reincarnation a part of many human cultural beliefs? How are these beliefs illustrated through the life of this dog? Why might people believe in reincarnation? Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)