|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey ____________ and realizes all at once he is now a female!
(c) Looks in a mirror.
2. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every day.
3. Jakob teaches Ellie to find a person by __________.
(a) Looking for him or her.
(b) Sniffing an item of clothing.
(c) Listening for his or her voice.
(d) Licking his or her clothing.
4. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
5. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels nervous and scared.
(c) He feels guilty and sad.
(d) He feels happy and free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of the day a woman comes with a big, ____________ dog.
2. After dinner Maya takes Ellie for a walk on a leash. Maya trots with Ellie at her side until ___________.
3. What do they want to name him?
4. How often do Maya and Ellie work?
5. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
Short Essay Questions
1. What might Jakob's behavior foreshadow?
2. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
3. How does Bear feel when Derek sets him free? Why does he feel this way?
4. How is this life exciting? Is it a better life? Why or why not?
5. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
6. How is Ellie affected by the relationship between Maya and Al?
7. Compare Maya and Jakob.
8. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
9. How has the main character changed and stayed the same?
10. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)