|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bailey retrieve while remembering how Ethan wanted her to return "the flip" ?
(a) A frisbee.
(b) A rubber ball.
(c) A dog toy.
(d) A paper ball.
2. How does the dog feel at the dog park, when he first arrives?
(a) Jealous of the people and dogs playing together.
(c) Angry that Ethan is not there.
(d) Anxious to be around so many strangers.
3. What does the dog think he must do for Ethan?
(a) He must entertain him.
(b) He must save him.
(c) He must help him.
(d) He must please him.
4. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels nervous and scared.
(c) He feels guilty and sad.
(d) He feels happy and free.
5. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
(a) She is too exhausted.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) Her leg is stuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jakob tells Maya he is taking disability and getting his __________ degree at UCLA.
2. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Bailey realize when he wakes up?
4. Why does the woman with the dog who smells of Hannah call out to him?
5. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the dog park important?
2. What is learned about Jakob? How does this encourage Maya?
3. What repetition continues through this section? Why?
4. How is Ethan able to see Bailey's true identity?
5. How is Bear's sense of smell important in this section?
6. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
7. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
8. What might Jakob's behavior foreshadow?
9. What repetition has taken place in each story so far? Why?
10. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)