|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
(a) He is not allowed in the house.
(b) He isn't allowed to sleep in bed with them.
(c) They do not give him scraps of human food.
(d) He is not allowed in the kitchen.
2. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He sees a person.
(b) He knows where he is.
(c) He hears another animal.
(d) He smells another dog.
3. What does the dog think he must do for Ethan?
(a) He must please him.
(b) He must entertain him.
(c) He must save him.
(d) He must help him.
4. What does Wally teach Maya?
(a) The hand signals and commands used during work.
(b) How to call for Ellie.
(c) How to run quickly.
(d) How to let Ellie know she needs help.
5. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the puppy wonder?
2. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
3. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
4. Why is Victor notified he will be fined $50?
5. Bailey ____________ and realizes all at once he is now a female!
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the parallels between Ethan and Jakob?
2. How is the dog park important?
3. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
4. How has Ellie's life changed? How does this compare to the changes in Bailey's life?
5. How is this life exciting? Is it a better life? Why or why not?
6. How have the dog and Ethan traded roles at the end of this book?
7. What is learned about Jakob? How does this encourage Maya?
8. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
9. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
10. How does the dog save Ethan again in this section?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)