|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The puppy's new home reminds her of what place?
(a) The pet store.
(b) Ethan's apartment.
(c) The farm.
(d) Ethan's house.
2. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He sees a person.
(b) He knows where he is.
(c) He smells another dog.
(d) He hears another animal.
3. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
4. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
(a) Her leg is stuck.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is too sick.
(d) She is too exhausted.
5. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She ignores Jakob.
(b) She whimpers.
(c) She barks and growls.
(d) She leaps with joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman with the dog who smells of Hannah call out to him?
2. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
3. The dog, reverting to his identity as Bailey, tries to jump into Ethan's lap. What does he love about Ethan?
4. The government of _________________ is overwhelmed with more than 4,000 injured, hundreds dead, and people still trapped.
5. In Chapter 18, what does Bailey realize when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Maya and Jakob.
2. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
3. How does Ellie sacrifice herself in this section? Why?
4. How does the main character feel about cats? Why?
5. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
6. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
7. Describe Bear's owners. How do they compare to owners in previous lives?
8. What might Jakob's behavior foreshadow?
9. What is learned about Jakob? How does this encourage Maya?
10. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)