|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
2. Buddy feels what in Ethan?
(a) A happiness.
(b) A deep sadness.
(c) A deep anxiety.
(d) A contentedness.
3. Wally tells Maya to reward Ellie by ____________.
(a) Giving her a treat.
(b) Ignoring her.
(c) Letting her run free.
(d) Playing with her.
4. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
5. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He sees a person.
(b) He smells another dog.
(c) He hears another animal.
(d) He knows where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellie is now a boy again and has a mother with a _____________ face.
2. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
3. When she jumps out, the man tells the woman she is ________.
4. What do Ethan and Buddy start doing together?
5. Ethan puts the dog outside and tells him to go home, but the dog barks so much that he _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the main character feel about cats? Why?
2. How, at this point, are Jakob and Ethan alike?
3. How is Ethan able to see Bailey's true identity?
4. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
5. How has Ellie's life changed? How does this compare to the changes in Bailey's life?
6. How does Bear feel when Derek sets him free? Why does he feel this way?
7. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
8. Why does Ethan change his mind and choose to adopt the dog?
9. How is this life exciting? Is it a better life? Why or why not?
10. How do both Maya and Jakob compare to Ethan? Which does Ellie like best? Why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)