|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dog feel at the dog park, when he first arrives?
(a) Jealous of the people and dogs playing together.
(b) Anxious to be around so many strangers.
(d) Angry that Ethan is not there.
2. How much does Bailey remember about his past lives?
(c) Not much.
3. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For a week.
(b) For a day.
(c) For a month.
(d) For several weeks.
4. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She whimpers.
(b) She leaps with joy.
(c) She barks and growls.
(d) She ignores Jakob.
5. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) The main character likes Leo's food.
(b) Leo is afraid of the main character.
(c) The main character does not care about Leo.
(d) Leo does not want it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
2. When she jumps out, the man tells the woman she is ________.
3. Wally tells Maya how Ellie looks when she ___________.
4. The next day Bear suddenly smells whom?
5. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Ethan have kept the flip?
2. How does Ellie sacrifice herself in this section? Why?
3. What are the parallels between Ethan and Jakob?
4. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
5. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
6. How is the dog park important?
7. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
8. How, at this point, are Jakob and Ethan alike?
9. How has Ellie's life changed? How does this compare to the changes in Bailey's life?
10. How have the dog and Ethan traded roles at the end of this book?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)