|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they want to name him?
2. Ethan tells Buddy he never thought he would end up how?
(d) All alone.
3. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She whimpers.
(b) She barks and growls.
(c) She ignores Jakob.
(d) She leaps with joy.
4. The puppy is the last one to be adopted by a man named Derek who offers ___________, a low price for a pedigreed black Labrador.
(a) Three fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two fifty.
5. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
2. Bailey wonders how he could have a more important mission than ___________.
3. Why does the dog hope to find a town?
4. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
5. Derek says the dog is for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might Jakob's behavior foreshadow?
2. Describe Bear's owners. How do they compare to owners in previous lives?
3. How does Ellie sacrifice herself in this section? Why?
4. How does Bear's luck turn around in this section?
5. How has the main character changed and stayed the same?
6. What repetition has taken place in each story so far? Why?
7. Why might Ethan have kept the flip?
8. How is Ethan able to see Bailey's true identity?
9. What is learned about Jakob? How does this encourage Maya?
10. How is Bear's sense of smell important in this section?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)