|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dog feel at the dog park, when he first arrives?
(a) Anxious to be around so many strangers.
(c) Angry that Ethan is not there.
(d) Jealous of the people and dogs playing together.
2. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
3. The next day Bear suddenly smells whom?
4. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
(a) To be successful.
(b) To get work.
(c) To get certified.
(d) To participate in the next search and rescue mission.
5. What does the dog think he must do for Ethan?
(a) He must save him.
(b) He must entertain him.
(c) He must please him.
(d) He must help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to adopt the dog?
2. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
3. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
4. Wally tells Maya to reward Ellie by ____________.
5. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What repetition continues through this section? Why?
2. How has Ellie's life changed? How does this compare to the changes in Bailey's life?
3. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
4. How does the dog save Ethan again in this section?
5. Compare Maya and Jakob.
6. Why might Ethan have kept the flip?
7. How, at this point, are Jakob and Ethan alike?
8. What repetition has taken place in each story so far? Why?
9. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
10. Describe Bear's owners. How do they compare to owners in previous lives?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)