|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jakob tell Maya she should do?
(a) Let him have Ellie back.
(b) Not try so hard.
(c) Try harder.
(d) Give up.
2. What is the dog named?
3. Buddy feels what in Ethan?
(a) A deep anxiety.
(b) A happiness.
(c) A contentedness.
(d) A deep sadness.
4. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She whimpers.
(b) She barks and growls.
(c) She leaps with joy.
(d) She ignores Jakob.
5. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Bailey realize when he wakes up?
2. Jakob takes Ellie to the park to _________.
3. What does Bailey retrieve while remembering how Ethan wanted her to return "the flip" ?
4. Someone congratulates the owner, called Colonel , on what?
5. What silly names does the nice woman call Ellie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the main character changed and stayed the same?
2. How, at this point, are Jakob and Ethan alike?
3. How is Ellie affected by the relationship between Maya and Al?
4. Why does Ethan change his mind and choose to adopt the dog?
5. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
6. What are the parallels between Ethan and Jakob?
7. Describe the reuniting of Ethan and the dog. What might be the author's reason for this reunion?
8. How has Ellie's life changed? How does this compare to the changes in Bailey's life?
9. How does Bear's luck turn around in this section?
10. How does the dog save Ethan again in this section?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)