|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(c) Don't cower.
(d) Snap at him.
2. Someone congratulates the owner, called Colonel , on what?
(a) Having an easy time delivering the puppies.
(b) Having a litter that will bring top dollar.
(c) Taking such good care of his dogs.
(d) Purchasing a puppy.
3. One day Jakob takes Ellie to the woods where they meet a man named ______________ who pets her and then runs away. Jakob teaches Ellie to find this man.
4. Jakob tells Maya he is taking disability and getting his __________ degree at UCLA.
(b) Forensic science.
5. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya is ______________ Jakob.
2. The puppy's new home reminds her of what place?
3. Who wants to adopt the dog?
4. The dog, reverting to his identity as Bailey, tries to jump into Ethan's lap. What does he love about Ethan?
5. Wally tells Maya how Ellie looks when she ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ellie's life changed? How does this compare to the changes in Bailey's life?
2. What are the parallels between Ethan and Jakob?
3. What repetition continues through this section? Why?
4. How does Ellie sacrifice herself in this section? Why?
5. How is Ethan able to see Bailey's true identity?
6. Why might Ethan have kept the flip?
7. How have the dog and Ethan traded roles at the end of this book?
8. What might Jakob's behavior foreshadow?
9. How is this life exciting? Is it a better life? Why or why not?
10. What is learned about Jakob? How does this encourage Maya?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)