|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
(b) He thinks she has made a good decision.
(c) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
(d) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
2. What is Maya's neighbor Al always doing?
(a) Asking her if he can help her.
(b) Asking her out on dates.
(c) Asking her questions.
(d) Staring at her.
3. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
4. During the next days, Ellie and Maya found two children who had wandered away and a dead man. Maya is _____________ about the dead man than Jakob had been about such things.
(a) More calm.
(b) More excited.
(c) More upset.
(d) More angry.
5. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
(a) In her dog bed.
(b) Out in her dog house.
(c) On Jakob's bed.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan tries different names on the dog, and the dog finally responds to what name?
2. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
3. Wally tells Maya how Ellie looks when she ___________.
4. What does the puppy wonder?
5. The next morning Maya and Ellie go to work, and Wally is there with a woman named _____________.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)