|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of the day a woman comes with a big, ____________ dog.
2. What silly names does the nice woman call Ellie?
(b) Doodle Dog.
(c) Ellie Dog.
(d) Ellie-wellie Cuddle-Coo.
3. Wally tells Maya how Ellie looks when she ___________.
(a) Finds a person or thing.
(b) Has done something bad.
(c) Is having trouble finding a person or thing.
(d) Does not feel well.
4. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
(a) He is nervous about the dog's future.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He becomes angry and says he has changed his mind.
(d) He is very happy.
5. The next morning Maya and Ellie go to work, and Wally is there with a woman named _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wally tells Maya to reward Ellie by ____________.
2. Why does the dog hope to find a town?
3. Jakob takes Ellie to the park to _________.
4. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
5. Bailey ____________ and realizes all at once he is now a female!
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ellie affected by the relationship between Maya and Al?
2. How does Bear's luck turn around in this section?
3. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
4. How does Ellie's life compare to Bailey's?
5. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
6. How is the dog park important?
7. How, at this point, are Jakob and Ethan alike?
8. How is this life exciting? Is it a better life? Why or why not?
9. What are the parallels between Ethan and Jakob?
10. How does the main character feel about cats? Why?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)