|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jakob teaches Ellie to find a person by __________.
(a) Listening for his or her voice.
(b) Sniffing an item of clothing.
(c) Licking his or her clothing.
(d) Looking for him or her.
2. Why can neither Jakob nor Maya love Ellie as Ethan had?
(a) They are totally focused on work.
(b) They are both sad.
(c) They are not as nice.
(d) They are adults.
3. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
4. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She ignores Jakob.
(b) She leaps with joy.
(c) She whimpers.
(d) She barks and growls.
5. Where does a man put Bailey before he asks her if she can find her way out?
(a) A dark room.
(b) His T-shirt.
(c) A cage.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey retrieve while remembering how Ethan wanted her to return "the flip" ?
2. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
3. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Bailey realize when he wakes up?
5. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What repetition continues through this section? Why?
2. Why might Ethan have kept the flip?
3. How have the dog and Ethan traded roles at the end of this book?
4. How does the dog save Ethan again in this section?
5. How has the main character changed and stayed the same?
6. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
7. How is the dog park important?
8. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
9. How does Bear's luck turn around in this section?
10. How does Bear feel when Derek sets him free? Why does he feel this way?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)