|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
(b) Top Dog.
2. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
3. The main character in this chapter is ____________.
4. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) A noise frightens him.
(b) He wants to look tough.
(c) He likes to play cops and robbers.
(d) He wants to shoot the gun.
5. Mother tries to teach them to ____________ humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
2. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
3. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
4. Bailey's ________ helps the police find Todd.
5. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Toby and Ethan react when they see each other? Why?
2. How do Bailey and Ethan bond in this section?
3. How might Bailey's sense of smell come in handy in the future?
4. What does Toby's mother try to teach her puppies? Should she do this? Why or why not?
5. What do you believe has happened to Marshmallow? Support your response with evidence from this section.
6. How is the end of this life like the last? Why?
7. How is Bailey affected by all these changes? Is this typical for a dog? Why or why not?
8. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
9. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
10. Describe Toby's first memories of life. How do these compare to your own?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)