|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) Human hatred of dogs.
(b) A dog's fear of humans.
(c) A mother's love.
(d) A dog's loyalty.
2. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
(a) Setting the roof on fire.
(b) Setting fire to some papers and throwing them into the bushes.
(c) Toilet papering the house.
(d) Causing gas to leak into the house.
3. Who dies early in the story?
4. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through a hole in the roof.
(b) Through the basement window.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through his window.
5. Where are the dogs put?
(a) In a small room.
(b) In a large fenced-in yard.
(c) In a large cage.
(d) In a small cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby now has light-colored fur, long legs, and seven brothers and sisters. He is reincarnated as a ______________.
2. How does Todd upset Hannah?
3. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
4. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
5. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
2. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
3. What do you believe has happened to Marshmallow? Support your response with evidence from this section.
4. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
5. How does Bailey save the family? What most likely happened to Todd? How is this good and bad?
6. How does the start of this section compare to the previous one?
7. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
8. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
9. How does Toby defend Sister? What does this reveal about him?
10. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)