|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Ethan's injury.
(a) One of his arms is badly broken.
(b) One of his legs is badly burned.
(c) One of his legs is badly broken.
(d) One of his arms is badly burned.
2. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's cousins.
(b) Ethan's best friend.
(c) Ethan's grandparents.
(d) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
3. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
(a) A tennis match.
(b) A go-kart race.
(c) A bike race.
(d) A football game.
4. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(b) Strong perfume.
(c) Chemical liquid.
5. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
(a) He loves toys.
(b) He does not like to play catch.
(c) He cannot catch it.
(d) He likes Ethan's attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the main character not find a home?
2. Who is Smokey?
3. What does Chelsea tell the dog?
4. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
5. How is Ethan found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the end of this life like the last? Why?
2. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
3. How might Bailey's sense of smell come in handy in the future?
4. How has life changed for this family after Todd's setting fire to their house?
5. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
6. How do Bailey and Ethan bond in this section?
7. How is Toby's death foreshadowed?
8. What do you believe has happened to Marshmallow? Support your response with evidence from this section.
9. What are Toby's siblings names? How might they have come about these names?
10. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)