|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
2. Ethan tells her that scouts from the University of _________________ are coming that night to see him play.
3. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
(a) Flare was scared by Bailey.
(b) Flare sees a snake.
(c) Flare does not like to be ridden.
(d) Flare does not like Ethan.
4. Why is Todd so evil?
(a) He has never had a pet.
(b) His siblings are mean to him.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) He has been abused.
5. What is one of the main themes in this section?
(b) The pure and total love a boy and his dog have for one another.
(c) The competition that exists between young boys.
(d) The energy of the young.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
2. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
3. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
4. Who dies early in the story?
5. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
2. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
3. What might Ethan mean by Doodle Dog?
4. How does Toby defend Sister? What does this reveal about him?
5. How has Toby changed physically?
6. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
7. How is Todd still a problem? Is this problem lessening? Why or why not?
8. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
9. What does Toby's mother try to teach her puppies? Should she do this? Why or why not?
10. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)