|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey know who did this to Ethan's house?
(a) He smells Todd on the broken glass.
(b) He smells Todd on the toilet paper.
(c) He smells Todd in the burnt rubble.
(d) He smells Todd on the egg shells.
2. All of the dogs are caught, except whom?
3. In what kind of vehicle does Hannah arrive?
(a) A silver bus.
(b) A train.
(c) A black car.
(d) A yellow taxi.
4. Where do the dog and his family live?
(a) In a shelter.
(b) In a home.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a culvert.
5. What is the consequence of the dog not getting a home?
(a) He is left alone.
(b) He is euthanized.
(c) He lives in a cage.
(d) He is used as a work dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
2. What is a universal theme found in this section?
3. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
4. How does the main character feel about Todd?
5. Where are the dogs put?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Bailey's sense of smell come in handy in the future?
2. How is this life exciting? Is it a better life? Why or why not?
3. What do you believe was happening to Toby in the man's truck? Why?
4. How has life changed for this family after Todd's setting fire to their house?
5. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
6. How does Bear feel when Derek sets him free? Why does he feel this way?
7. Why does Ethan change his mind and choose to adopt the dog?
8. Describe Toby's first memories of life. How do these compare to your own?
9. How has the main character changed and stayed the same?
10. How do Toby and Ethan react when they see each other? Why?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)