|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of the dog not getting a home?
(a) He is left alone.
(b) He is used as a work dog.
(c) He is euthanized.
(d) He lives in a cage.
2. Why can the main character not find a home?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is unadoptable.
(d) He is ugly.
3. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
4. How does Bailey know who did this to Ethan's house?
(a) He smells Todd in the burnt rubble.
(b) He smells Todd on the toilet paper.
(c) He smells Todd on the broken glass.
(d) He smells Todd on the egg shells.
5. Where does Toby now live?
(a) In a large yard.
(b) In a dog house.
(c) In a cage with a cement floor.
(d) In a small room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Smokey?
2. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
3. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
4. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
5. The main character in this chapter is ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
2. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
3. How do Toby and Ethan react when they see each other? Why?
4. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
5. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
6. How is the end of this life like the last? Why?
7. How do Bailey and Ethan bond in this section?
8. How might Bailey's sense of smell come in handy in the future?
9. Why might the family not go to the farm? How does this represent a change in their lives?
10. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)