|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
(a) A Nuisance.
(b) A Great Creature.
(c) A Wild Animal.
(d) Man's Best Friend.
2. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) He hits his head.
(b) He injures his hip.
(c) He is killed.
(d) His foreleg is wounded.
3. With whom does the main character make friends?
4. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) He is in dog heaven.
(b) Spike is asleep beside him.
(c) He is a different animal.
(d) He is a puppy again in a new place.
5. Describe Ethan's injury.
(a) One of his arms is badly burned.
(b) One of his legs is badly burned.
(c) One of his legs is badly broken.
(d) One of his arms is badly broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. It grows cold and __________ games resume.
2. Why can the main character not find a home?
3. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
4. What does Ethan do instead of going to the Farm?
5. What does Ethan call his dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
2. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
3. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
4. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
5. What is the reason Bailey does not like the flip? What does this say about him?
6. How does the start of this section compare to the previous one?
7. Why might the family not go to the farm? How does this represent a change in their lives?
8. How do Toby and Ethan react when they see each other? Why?
9. What do you believe has happened to Marshmallow? Support your response with evidence from this section.
10. How might Bailey's sense of smell come in handy in the future?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)