|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
2. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
(a) He is scared by it.
(b) He does not think much of it.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He does not like it.
3. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) They are lost.
(b) He is scared.
(c) Flare is a bad horse.
(d) He is hurt.
4. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
(a) A bike race.
(b) A football game.
(c) A tennis match.
(d) A go-kart race.
5. How does Bailey know who did this to Ethan's house?
(a) He smells Todd on the toilet paper.
(b) He smells Todd in the burnt rubble.
(c) He smells Todd on the egg shells.
(d) He smells Todd on the broken glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
2. Bailey notices that the children of the neighborhood don't play with whom now?
3. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
4. How does Todd not see Bailey?
5. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Toby's siblings names? How might they have come about these names?
2. How is Todd still a problem? Is this problem lessening? Why or why not?
3. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
4. How is Toby's death foreshadowed?
5. How has Toby changed physically?
6. What might Ethan mean by Doodle Dog?
7. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
8. How has life changed for this family after Todd's setting fire to their house?
9. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
10. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)