|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's best friend.
(b) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
(c) Ethan's grandparents.
(d) Ethan's cousins.
2. Why is Todd so evil?
(a) His siblings are mean to him.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) He has been abused.
(d) He has never had a pet.
3. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They do not care about him.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They do not like him.
(d) They are radiating so much happiness.
4. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through the basement window.
(b) Through his window.
(c) Through a hole in the roof.
(d) Through the front door.
5. What does Hannah carry with her when she first appears in the story?
(a) A toy for Bailey.
(b) A book.
(c) A cat.
(d) A basket of good-smelling brownies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the main character not find a home?
2. One afternoon Ethan and Hannah go _________________ and really enjoy being together.
3. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
4. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
5. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Toby changed physically?
2. Describe Toby's first memories of life. How do these compare to your own?
3. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
4. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
5. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
6. How does Bailey save the family? What most likely happened to Todd? How is this good and bad?
7. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
8. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
9. What does Todd do in this section? Why?
10. Why does Todd do all the bad things that he does?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)