|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the first meeting of Toby and Ethan?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) It is love at first sight.
(c) It is strange.
(d) It is scary.
2. How does Bailey react in this situation with Todd?
(a) He barks at him.
(b) He leaps on him.
(c) He growls at him.
(d) He runs away.
3. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
(a) Over Labor Day weekend.
(b) Over the winter holiday break.
(c) When school ends.
(d) For spring break.
4. What does Ethan do instead of going to the Farm?
(a) Stays with Hannah.
(b) Goes to camp.
(c) Goes off to college.
(d) Mows yards.
5. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He is scared by it.
(c) He does not think much of it.
(d) He likes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
2. What does someone do to Ethan's house that night after the competition?
3. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
4. What is the dog's foremost job?
5. Why is Ethan happy at this point in the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
2. How has Toby changed physically?
3. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
4. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
5. What does Toby's mother try to teach her puppies? Should she do this? Why or why not?
6. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
7. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
8. What do you believe was happening to Toby in the man's truck? Why?
9. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
10. How does Bailey save the family? What most likely happened to Todd? How is this good and bad?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)