|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the toy Ethan creates that is a cross between a frisbee, a boomerang, and a baseball?
(a) The flop.
(b) The fleet.
(c) The froomball.
(d) The flip.
2. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
(a) Setting the roof on fire.
(b) Setting fire to some papers and throwing them into the bushes.
(c) Causing gas to leak into the house.
(d) Toilet papering the house.
3. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
(a) He does not think much of it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is scared by it.
4. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) His foreleg is wounded.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He injures his hip.
(d) He is killed.
5. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(a) Chemical liquid.
(d) Strong perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
2. What is a universal theme found in this section?
3. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
4. What is Toby's new name?
5. When does Ethan's mom take Bailey home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the dog park important?
2. How does Bear feel when Derek sets him free? Why does he feel this way?
3. How does Toby defend Sister? What does this reveal about him?
4. How does Bear's luck turn around in this section?
5. How is Bear's sense of smell important in this section?
6. What are Toby's siblings names? How might they have come about these names?
7. How does Ellie feel about this new life? Why?
8. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
9. How is Ellie affected by the relationship between Maya and Al?
10. How is Todd still a problem? Is this problem lessening? Why or why not?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)