|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
(a) He cannot catch it.
(b) He loves toys.
(c) He does not like to play catch.
(d) He likes Ethan's attention.
2. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
3. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) A noise frightens him.
(b) He wants to look tough.
(c) He likes to play cops and robbers.
(d) He wants to shoot the gun.
4. With whom does the main character make friends?
5. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) He injures his hip.
(b) His foreleg is wounded.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He hits his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby now has light-colored fur, long legs, and seven brothers and sisters. He is reincarnated as a ______________.
2. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
3. The main character in this chapter is ____________.
4. Bailey's ________ helps the police find Todd.
5. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ethan and Hannah's relationship changed? Why?
2. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
3. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
4. What does Toby's mother try to teach her puppies? Should she do this? Why or why not?
5. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
6. Describe Toby's first memories of life. How do these compare to your own?
7. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
8. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
9. How is Bailey affected by all these changes? Is this typical for a dog? Why or why not?
10. How is Toby's death foreshadowed?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)