|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ethan found?
(a) He comes across their home.
(b) He hears a man calling his name.
(c) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
(d) He walks into town.
2. The main character gets to know ____________, the horse, the ducks down at the pond, a black cat in the barn, and his first skunk!
3. It grows cold and __________ games resume.
4. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through the basement window.
(b) Through a hole in the roof.
(c) Through his window.
(d) Through the front door.
5. All of the dogs are caught, except whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
2. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
3. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
4. How does the main character feel about Todd?
5. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bear feel when Derek sets him free? Why does he feel this way?
2. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
3. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
4. Why might the family not go to the farm? How does this represent a change in their lives?
5. What does Ellie's last rescue reveal about her training?
6. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
7. What are Toby's siblings names? How might they have come about these names?
8. How, at this point, are Jakob and Ethan alike?
9. How has life changed for this family after Todd's setting fire to their house?
10. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)