|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
2. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
3. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
(a) Their resourcefulness.
(b) Coming of Age.
(d) A mother's love.
4. How does the family like the new apartment?
(a) None of them like it.
(b) Bailey likes it.
(c) Mom likes it.
(d) Dad likes it.
5. A new dog appears in the Yard who has been bred to fight. What is his name?
(d) Top Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
2. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
3. Bailey's ________ helps the police find Todd.
4. Who dies early in the story?
5. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Todd do in this section? Why?
2. How does Toby defend Sister? What does this reveal about him?
3. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
4. How does Ethan beat Todd? How might Todd feel about this? Why?
5. What do you believe was happening to Toby in the man's truck? Why?
6. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
7. What do you believe has happened to Marshmallow? Support your response with evidence from this section.
8. Describe Toby's first memories of life. How do these compare to your own?
9. How is Toby's death foreshadowed?
10. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)