|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
(a) For spring break.
(b) Over the winter holiday break.
(c) Over Labor Day weekend.
(d) When school ends.
2. What does Bailey see Ethan's mother doing one day at the pond?
(a) Taking a picture, tearing it up, and throwing it into the pond.
(b) Feeding the fish.
(c) Taking a little round ring from her finger and throwing it into the pond.
(d) Talking to herself.
3. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
(a) Causing gas to leak into the house.
(b) Setting the roof on fire.
(c) Setting fire to some papers and throwing them into the bushes.
(d) Toilet papering the house.
4. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
(a) Carlos and Bobby.
(b) Chad and Burt.
5. With whom does Bailey get reacquainted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
2. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
3. All of the dogs are caught, except whom?
4. What does Hannah carry with her when she first appears in the story?
5. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Todd do all the bad things that he does?
2. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
3. How do Bailey and Ethan bond in this section?
4. What do you believe was happening to Toby in the man's truck? Why?
5. How does Bailey/Toby feel about other animals? Why?
6. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
7. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
8. How has Toby changed physically?
9. How might Bailey's sense of smell come in handy in the future?
10. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)