|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
2. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through the basement window.
(b) Through a hole in the roof.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through his window.
3. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A weird dog toy.
(c) A piece of meat that smells strange.
(d) A container of chemicals.
4. What does Bailey smell on Todd's pants?
(a) Chelsea's scent.
(b) Hannah's scent.
(d) Marshmallow's scent.
5. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
(a) Flare was scared by Bailey.
(b) Flare does not like to be ridden.
(c) Flare sees a snake.
(d) Flare does not like Ethan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
2. Bailey's ________ helps the police find Todd.
3. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
4. With whom does the main character make friends?
5. Bailey notices that the children of the neighborhood don't play with whom now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you believe has happened to Marshmallow? Support your response with evidence from this section.
2. Who is Spike? How does he affect the dog pack?
3. How does Toby defend Sister? What does this reveal about him?
4. How is Todd still a problem? Is this problem lessening? Why or why not?
5. What happens to the relationships of these main characters? Why?
6. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
7. Who is Senora? Is she kind? Why or why not?
8. How does the start of this section compare to the previous one?
9. How is Bailey affected by all these changes? Is this typical for a dog? Why or why not?
10. How does Bailey save the family? What most likely happened to Todd? How is this good and bad?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)