|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) Flare is a bad horse.
(b) They are lost.
(c) He is hurt.
(d) He is scared.
2. Todd takes the main character to his room, locks the door, and tries to get him to do what?
(a) Eat poison.
(c) Smell toy airplane glue.
(d) Climb out the window.
3. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's best friend.
(b) Ethan's cousins.
(c) Ethan's grandparents.
(d) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
4. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
(a) A car.
(b) A bike.
(c) A new barn.
(d) A new house.
5. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
2. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
3. How does Bailey react when Todd comes over and asks Hannah if she wants to party?
4. What does Bailey see Ethan's mother doing one day at the pond?
5. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bailey and Ethan bond in this section?
2. How do Marshmallow and Coco compare?
3. Why might the family not go to the farm? How does this represent a change in their lives?
4. Why is Toby unadoptable? Do you agree? Why or why not?
5. How does the start of this section compare to the previous one?
6. What does Toby's mother try to teach her puppies? Should she do this? Why or why not?
7. What might Todd's behavior foreshadow?
8. How do Toby and Ethan react when they see each other? Why?
9. Describe Toby's first memories of life. How do these compare to your own?
10. Describe Todd. What might be wrong with him?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)