|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
(a) He becomes angry and says he has changed his mind.
(b) He is very happy.
(c) He is nervous about the dog's future.
(d) He is relieved.
2. Someone congratulates the owner, called Colonel , on what?
(a) Purchasing a puppy.
(b) Taking such good care of his dogs.
(c) Having a litter that will bring top dollar.
(d) Having an easy time delivering the puppies.
3. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For a week.
(b) For a day.
(c) For several weeks.
(d) For a month.
4. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) The main character likes Leo's food.
(b) Leo does not want it.
(c) The main character does not care about Leo.
(d) Leo is afraid of the main character.
5. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her room.
(c) In a dog bed.
(d) In a dog house.
6. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) He thinks she has made a good decision.
(b) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
(c) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
(d) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
7. What is Maya's neighbor Al always doing?
(a) Asking her questions.
(b) Asking her if he can help her.
(c) Asking her out on dates.
(d) Staring at her.
8. The dog, reverting to his identity as Bailey, tries to jump into Ethan's lap. What does he love about Ethan?
(a) Ethan's smell.
(b) The food Ethan feeds him.
(c) Ethan's voice.
(d) The feel of the old man's hand on his face.
9. Where does the dog follow Ethan?
(b) To work.
(c) To the dog park.
(d) To the porch.
10. How often do Maya and Ellie work?
(a) A few days a week.
(b) One day a week.
(c) Almost every day.
(d) Every day.
11. Who wants to adopt the dog?
(a) Ethan's neighbor.
(b) Three children.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Hannah and her children.
12. What does Bailey retrieve while remembering how Ethan wanted her to return "the flip" ?
(a) A frisbee.
(b) A dog toy.
(c) A rubber ball.
(d) A paper ball.
13. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(b) Don't cower.
(c) Snap at him.
14. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
15. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
(a) Joining a different K9 unit.
(b) Getting certified.
(d) Getting a new dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog think he must do for Ethan?
2. Where does a man put Bailey before he asks her if she can find her way out?
3. Jakob tells Maya he is taking disability and getting his __________ degree at UCLA.
4. Ellie is now a boy again and has a mother with a _____________ face.
5. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)