|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wally teach Maya?
(a) How to run quickly.
(b) The hand signals and commands used during work.
(c) How to let Ellie know she needs help.
(d) How to call for Ellie.
2. Why is there some concern about the puppy who was Ellie?
(a) He doesn't have energy and sleeps all the time.
(b) He is very large.
(c) He is excited and running around.
(d) He is ugly.
3. What do they want to name him?
4. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels happy and free.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels nervous and scared.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
5. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
(a) To participate in the next search and rescue mission.
(b) To get work.
(c) To get certified.
(d) To be successful.
6. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
(a) They do not give him scraps of human food.
(b) He isn't allowed to sleep in bed with them.
(c) He is not allowed in the kitchen.
(d) He is not allowed in the house.
7. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For a day.
(b) For several weeks.
(c) For a month.
(d) For a week.
8. Ethan tries different names on the dog, and the dog finally responds to what name?
9. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
10. Why does the dog jump into the policeman's truck?
(a) He wants to get away from Ethan's house.
(b) Ethan asks him to.
(c) Ethan forces him into the truck.
(d) He likes the policeman.
11. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
(a) Getting a new dog.
(c) Getting certified.
(d) Joining a different K9 unit.
12. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
(b) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
(c) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
(d) He thinks she has made a good decision.
13. Maya is ______________ Jakob.
(a) A little slower than.
(b) A little faster than.
(c) Much slower than.
(d) Much faster than.
14. Jakob takes Ellie to the park to _________.
(b) Play games.
15. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her dog bed.
(c) On Jakob's bed.
(d) Out in her dog house.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dog, reverting to his identity as Bailey, tries to jump into Ethan's lap. What does he love about Ethan?
2. Maya and Ellie take a long run which delights Ellie. How does Maya feel?
3. Jakob teaches Ellie not to be afraid of what sound?
4. Why does the dog hope to find a town?
5. What does Bailey retrieve while remembering how Ethan wanted her to return "the flip" ?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)