|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog named?
2. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
(b) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
(c) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
(d) He thinks she has made a good decision.
3. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
(a) Out in her dog house.
(b) In her dog bed.
(c) On Jakob's bed.
(d) In the basement.
4. Maya and Ellie take a long run which delights Ellie. How does Maya feel?
(d) Pain and sorrow.
5. Jakob teaches Ellie not to be afraid of what sound?
(a) A gun going off.
(b) A loud car.
6. What do Ethan and Buddy start doing together?
(c) Taking walks.
7. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels happy and free.
(b) He feels nervous and scared.
(c) He feels guilty and sad.
(d) He feels angry.
8. Where does a man put Bailey before he asks her if she can find her way out?
(a) A dark room.
(b) His T-shirt.
(c) A box.
(d) A cage.
9. Buddy feels what in Ethan?
(a) A deep anxiety.
(b) A deep sadness.
(c) A contentedness.
(d) A happiness.
10. The next time Maya and Ellie go to work, Ellie finds whom up a tree?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(c) A child.
11. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
(a) In a dog house.
(b) In a dog bed.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In her room.
12. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
13. After dinner Maya takes Ellie for a walk on a leash. Maya trots with Ellie at her side until ___________.
(a) Maya turns to go home.
(b) Maya faints.
(c) Maya starts huffing.
(d) Maya tells her to slow down.
14. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
15. Why does the dog hope to find a town?
(a) He hopes to see Ethan.
(b) He wants food.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He wants a new owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey wonders how he could have a more important mission than ___________.
2. Ethan puts the dog outside and tells him to go home, but the dog barks so much that he _______________.
3. What does Wally teach Maya?
4. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
5. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)