|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the dog taken?
(a) To Ethan's old home.
(b) To a building full of barking dogs.
(c) To a pet shop.
(d) To new home.
2. What do they want to name him?
3. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels happy and free.
(b) He feels nervous and scared.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
4. Who wants to adopt the dog?
(a) Ethan's neighbor.
(b) Hannah and her children.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Three children.
5. Buddy feels what in Ethan?
(a) A deep sadness.
(b) A contentedness.
(c) A happiness.
(d) A deep anxiety.
6. Jakob teaches Ellie to drop, which means ____________.
(a) To sit.
(b) To hide.
(c) To roll.
(d) To lie down.
7. How much does Bailey remember about his past lives?
(c) Not much.
8. Wally says that Ellie is the best dog he's ever seen. Then Maya says that she's too _________.
9. How does Ellie know that Jakob is a policeman?
(a) He wears a badge that says policeman.
(b) He tells her he is a policeman.
(c) He wears dark clothes with a gun in his belt.
(d) He is mean like a policeman.
10. How often do Maya and Ellie work?
(a) Every day.
(b) A few days a week.
(c) One day a week.
(d) Almost every day.
11. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) The main character likes Leo's food.
(b) The main character does not care about Leo.
(c) Leo is afraid of the main character.
(d) Leo does not want it.
12. What do Ethan and Buddy start doing together?
(d) Taking walks.
13. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He hears another animal.
(b) He sees a person.
(c) He knows where he is.
(d) He smells another dog.
14. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
(a) A black Lab will be adopted easily.
(b) He will be difficult to get rid of.
(c) He will be sold for a great deal of money.
(d) The dog will be put down.
15. The puppy's new home reminds her of what place?
(a) The farm.
(b) The pet store.
(c) Ethan's apartment.
(d) Ethan's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
2. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
3. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
4. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
5. Someone congratulates the owner, called Colonel , on what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)