|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) She is too exhausted.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) Her leg is stuck.
2. Why is there some concern about the puppy who was Ellie?
(a) He is excited and running around.
(b) He doesn't have energy and sleeps all the time.
(c) He is very large.
(d) He is ugly.
3. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
(a) Getting certified.
(b) Getting a new dog.
(d) Joining a different K9 unit.
4. Jakob takes Ellie to a kennel at work where there are two dogs, Gypsy and ______________.
5. When she jumps out, the man tells the woman she is ________.
(a) Very slow.
(b) Very dumb.
(c) Very bright.
(d) Very odd.
6. The government of _________________ is overwhelmed with more than 4,000 injured, hundreds dead, and people still trapped.
(a) Mexico City.
(c) Buenos Aires.
(d) El Salvador.
7. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
(a) A hotdog stand.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A pet store.
(d) The dog park.
8. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Out in her dog house.
(c) On Jakob's bed.
(d) In her dog bed.
9. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels happy and free.
(c) He feels nervous and scared.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
10. The next time Maya and Ellie go to work, Ellie finds whom up a tree?
(a) A child.
(b) A man.
(c) A woman.
11. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
(a) A black Lab will be adopted easily.
(b) The dog will be put down.
(c) He will be difficult to get rid of.
(d) He will be sold for a great deal of money.
12. Ethan tells Buddy he never thought he would end up how?
(d) All alone.
13. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her room.
(c) In a dog house.
(d) In a dog bed.
14. Jakob tells Maya he is taking disability and getting his __________ degree at UCLA.
(a) Forensic science.
15. How does Ellie know that Jakob is a policeman?
(a) He is mean like a policeman.
(b) He wears a badge that says policeman.
(c) He wears dark clothes with a gun in his belt.
(d) He tells her he is a policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victor notified he will be fined $50?
2. Wally tells Maya how Ellie looks when she ___________.
3. What silly names does the nice woman call Ellie?
4. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
5. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)