|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
(a) Joining a different K9 unit.
(b) Getting certified.
(c) Getting a new dog.
2. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
(a) On Jakob's bed.
(b) Out in her dog house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In her dog bed.
3. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
(b) He thinks she has made a good decision.
(c) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
(d) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
4. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For several weeks.
(b) For a month.
(c) For a day.
(d) For a week.
5. Who is Marilyn?
(a) A woman who had been kidnapped.
(b) An Alzheimer's patient who had disappeared.
(c) A child who had gotten lost in the woods.
(d) A teenager who had run away from home.
6. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She ignores Jakob.
(b) She barks and growls.
(c) She whimpers.
(d) She leaps with joy.
7. Jakob takes Ellie to a kennel at work where there are two dogs, Gypsy and ______________.
8. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
9. Jakob teaches Ellie to drop, which means ____________.
(a) To lie down.
(b) To hide.
(c) To roll.
(d) To sit.
10. One day Jakob takes Ellie to the woods where they meet a man named ______________ who pets her and then runs away. Jakob teaches Ellie to find this man.
11. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) Leo does not want it.
(b) The main character does not care about Leo.
(c) The main character likes Leo's food.
(d) Leo is afraid of the main character.
12. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels nervous and scared.
(b) He feels guilty and sad.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels happy and free.
13. Why can neither Jakob nor Maya love Ellie as Ethan had?
(a) They are totally focused on work.
(b) They are both sad.
(c) They are adults.
(d) They are not as nice.
14. Ethan tells Buddy he never thought he would end up how?
(d) All alone.
15. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dog follow Ethan?
2. The puppy's new home reminds her of what place?
3. Ellie meets Maya's ___________ cats.
4. What does Jakob tell Maya she should do?
5. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)