|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the puppy wonder?
(a) Who is owner will be.
(b) All the things he has learned in his different lifetimes.
(c) Where he will live.
(d) What his name will be.
2. Ethan asks the man what will happen and the man tells him what?
(a) The dog will be put down.
(b) He will be difficult to get rid of.
(c) He will be sold for a great deal of money.
(d) A black Lab will be adopted easily.
3. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
4. Jakob teaches Ellie not to be afraid of what sound?
(b) A gun going off.
(d) A loud car.
5. Ethan puts the dog outside and tells him to go home, but the dog barks so much that he _______________.
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Brings a pan of succulent food.
(d) Lets him back into the house.
6. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(c) Don't cower.
(d) Snap at him.
7. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
(a) In a dog house.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a dog bed.
8. Why does the dog jump into the policeman's truck?
(a) He likes the policeman.
(b) Ethan forces him into the truck.
(c) He wants to get away from Ethan's house.
(d) Ethan asks him to.
9. What does Jakob tell Maya she should do?
(a) Not try so hard.
(b) Give up.
(c) Let him have Ellie back.
(d) Try harder.
10. The puppy's new home reminds her of what place?
(a) The farm.
(b) Ethan's house.
(c) The pet store.
(d) Ethan's apartment.
11. Ellie starts to feel there is something sad inside Jakob that keeps him from _________.
(a) Taking care of her.
(b) Showing affection.
(c) Doing his job well.
(d) Getting his work done.
12. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
13. The old man peers at him and asks him what?
(a) If he is Bailey.
(b) Where he came from.
(c) Why he likes him.
(d) Who he is and why he's so skinny.
14. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
(a) Getting certified.
(b) Joining a different K9 unit.
(d) Getting a new dog.
15. The dog, reverting to his identity as Bailey, tries to jump into Ethan's lap. What does he love about Ethan?
(a) The feel of the old man's hand on his face.
(b) Ethan's voice.
(c) Ethan's smell.
(d) The food Ethan feeds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey wonders how he could have a more important mission than ___________.
2. The puppy knows by the smells that the new home is ________________ Ethan and the farm.
3. Buddy feels what in Ethan?
4. Jakob teaches Ellie to drop, which means ____________.
5. The puppy is the last one to be adopted by a man named Derek who offers ___________, a low price for a pedigreed black Labrador.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)