|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) Her leg is stuck.
(d) She is too exhausted.
2. Ethan tries different names on the dog, and the dog finally responds to what name?
3. The next time Maya and Ellie go to work, Ellie finds whom up a tree?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(d) A child.
4. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
5. What do they want to name him?
6. How does the dog feel at the dog park, when he first arrives?
(b) Jealous of the people and dogs playing together.
(c) Angry that Ethan is not there.
(d) Anxious to be around so many strangers.
7. One day Jakob takes Ellie to the woods where they meet a man named ______________ who pets her and then runs away. Jakob teaches Ellie to find this man.
8. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(d) Every day.
9. Ellie meets Maya's ___________ cats.
10. Someone congratulates the owner, called Colonel , on what?
(a) Purchasing a puppy.
(b) Having a litter that will bring top dollar.
(c) Having an easy time delivering the puppies.
(d) Taking such good care of his dogs.
11. The next morning Maya and Ellie go to work, and Wally is there with a woman named _____________.
12. The government of _________________ is overwhelmed with more than 4,000 injured, hundreds dead, and people still trapped.
(a) Buenos Aires.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) El Salvador.
13. Maya tells Ellie that they are going to work together and Ellie can sleep __________.
(a) In a dog bed.
(b) In a dog house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In her room.
14. Wally says that Ellie is the best dog he's ever seen. Then Maya says that she's too _________.
15. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels happy and free.
(c) He feels nervous and scared.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jakob takes Ellie to a kennel at work where there are two dogs, Gypsy and ______________.
2. What does Jakob tell Maya she should do?
3. The old man peers at him and asks him what?
4. Jakob teaches Ellie not to be afraid of what sound?
5. What does the puppy wonder?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)