|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The puppy knows by the smells that the new home is ________________ Ethan and the farm.
(a) Very close to.
(b) Far away from.
(c) Next door to.
(d) Somewhat near.
2. How much does Bailey remember about his past lives?
(b) Not much.
3. Who wants to adopt the dog?
(a) Ethan's neighbor.
(b) Hannah and her children.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Three children.
4. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
(a) He becomes angry and says he has changed his mind.
(b) He is nervous about the dog's future.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is very happy.
5. The government of _________________ is overwhelmed with more than 4,000 injured, hundreds dead, and people still trapped.
(a) Buenos Aires.
(b) El Salvador.
(d) Mexico City.
6. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
7. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She barks and growls.
(b) She ignores Jakob.
(c) She whimpers.
(d) She leaps with joy.
8. Wally says that Ellie is the best dog he's ever seen. Then Maya says that she's too _________.
9. Maya is ______________ Jakob.
(a) A little faster than.
(b) Much slower than.
(c) A little slower than.
(d) Much faster than.
10. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) Her leg is stuck.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is too exhausted.
11. Why can neither Jakob nor Maya love Ellie as Ethan had?
(a) They are totally focused on work.
(b) They are both sad.
(c) They are adults.
(d) They are not as nice.
12. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
13. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For a week.
(b) For a day.
(c) For a month.
(d) For several weeks.
14. What is Maya's neighbor Al always doing?
(a) Asking her out on dates.
(b) Asking her questions.
(c) Asking her if he can help her.
(d) Staring at her.
15. Why does the dog jump into the policeman's truck?
(a) Ethan asks him to.
(b) He likes the policeman.
(c) He wants to get away from Ethan's house.
(d) Ethan forces him into the truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman with the dog who smells of Hannah call out to him?
2. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
3. What do Ethan and Buddy start doing together?
4. What does Wally teach Maya?
5. Why is Victor notified he will be fined $50?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)