|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
(a) He is not allowed in the house.
(b) He isn't allowed to sleep in bed with them.
(c) They do not give him scraps of human food.
(d) He is not allowed in the kitchen.
2. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
(a) A hotdog stand.
(b) The dog park.
(c) A pet store.
(d) A grocery store.
3. The next day Bear suddenly smells whom?
4. Derek says the dog is for whom?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His uncle.
5. The government of _________________ is overwhelmed with more than 4,000 injured, hundreds dead, and people still trapped.
(b) Mexico City.
(c) El Salvador.
(d) Buenos Aires.
6. What does Jakob tell Maya she should do?
(a) Let him have Ellie back.
(b) Not try so hard.
(c) Give up.
(d) Try harder.
7. When she jumps out, the man tells the woman she is ________.
(a) Very bright.
(b) Very odd.
(c) Very dumb.
(d) Very slow.
8. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
(a) He is nervous about the dog's future.
(b) He is very happy.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He becomes angry and says he has changed his mind.
9. What silly names does the nice woman call Ellie?
(a) Ellie-wellie Cuddle-Coo.
(b) Doodle Dog.
(c) Ellie Dog.
10. Where is the dog taken?
(a) To new home.
(b) To a building full of barking dogs.
(c) To Ethan's old home.
(d) To a pet shop.
11. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
12. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(b) Snap at him.
(c) Don't cower.
13. One day Jakob takes Ellie to the woods where they meet a man named ______________ who pets her and then runs away. Jakob teaches Ellie to find this man.
14. Maya's smell is everywhere, but there is also the __________________ smell of cats.
15. Jakob teaches Ellie to find a person by __________.
(a) Looking for him or her.
(b) Sniffing an item of clothing.
(c) Listening for his or her voice.
(d) Licking his or her clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can neither Jakob nor Maya love Ellie as Ethan had?
2. Buddy feels what in Ethan?
3. The next time Maya and Ellie go to work, Ellie finds whom up a tree?
4. What does the puppy wonder?
5. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)