|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bailey ____________ and realizes all at once he is now a female!
(a) Looks in a mirror.
2. Why is there some concern about the puppy who was Ellie?
(a) He is excited and running around.
(b) He is very large.
(c) He doesn't have energy and sleeps all the time.
(d) He is ugly.
3. The government of _________________ is overwhelmed with more than 4,000 injured, hundreds dead, and people still trapped.
(a) El Salvador.
(b) Mexico City.
(d) Buenos Aires.
4. In Chapter 18, what does Bailey realize when he wakes up?
(a) He is a cat.
(b) He is a black lab.
(c) He is a golden retriever again.
(d) He is a puppy again.
5. Jakob takes Ellie to a kennel at work where there are two dogs, Gypsy and ______________.
6. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
(a) To be successful.
(b) To participate in the next search and rescue mission.
(c) To get work.
(d) To get certified.
7. Jakob teaches Ellie to drop, which means ____________.
(a) To sit.
(b) To hide.
(c) To roll.
(d) To lie down.
8. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) Leo is afraid of the main character.
(b) The main character likes Leo's food.
(c) The main character does not care about Leo.
(d) Leo does not want it.
9. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels guilty and sad.
(b) He feels angry.
(c) He feels happy and free.
(d) He feels nervous and scared.
10. Ellie meets Maya's ___________ cats.
11. During the next days, Ellie and Maya found two children who had wandered away and a dead man. Maya is _____________ about the dead man than Jakob had been about such things.
(a) More excited.
(b) More angry.
(c) More calm.
(d) More upset.
12. Jakob tells Maya he is taking disability and getting his __________ degree at UCLA.
(a) Forensic science.
13. Wally says that Ellie is the best dog he's ever seen. Then Maya says that she's too _________.
14. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
15. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
(a) A hotdog stand.
(b) The dog park.
(c) A pet store.
(d) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of the day a woman comes with a big, ____________ dog.
2. The old man peers at him and asks him what?
3. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
4. Ethan tries different names on the dog, and the dog finally responds to what name?
5. Why does the dog jump into the policeman's truck?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)