|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) Leo is afraid of the main character.
(b) The main character likes Leo's food.
(c) The main character does not care about Leo.
(d) Leo does not want it.
2. What do they want to name him?
3. Why does the dog hope to find a town?
(a) He wants a new owner.
(b) He hopes to see Ethan.
(c) He wants food.
(d) He is lonely.
4. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
(a) A pet store.
(b) The dog park.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A hotdog stand.
5. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(c) Don't cower.
(d) Snap at him.
6. Ellie is __________________ when she notices that she gives off odors, and male dogs mill round the apartment.
7. When Ethan comes out the next day, how does he feel about the dog still being there?
8. How often do Maya and Ellie work?
(a) A few days a week.
(b) One day a week.
(c) Almost every day.
(d) Every day.
9. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He smells another dog.
(b) He knows where he is.
(c) He sees a person.
(d) He hears another animal.
10. Maya and Ellie take a long run which delights Ellie. How does Maya feel?
(a) Pain and sorrow.
11. Who is Marilyn?
(a) A child who had gotten lost in the woods.
(b) A teenager who had run away from home.
(c) A woman who had been kidnapped.
(d) An Alzheimer's patient who had disappeared.
12. During the next days, Ellie and Maya found two children who had wandered away and a dead man. Maya is _____________ about the dead man than Jakob had been about such things.
(a) More angry.
(b) More upset.
(c) More calm.
(d) More excited.
13. How does the dog feel at the dog park, when he first arrives?
(a) Angry that Ethan is not there.
(b) Anxious to be around so many strangers.
(c) Jealous of the people and dogs playing together.
14. Bailey ____________ and realizes all at once he is now a female!
(c) Looks in a mirror.
15. Where is the dog taken?
(a) To Ethan's old home.
(b) To a pet shop.
(c) To new home.
(d) To a building full of barking dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner Maya takes Ellie for a walk on a leash. Maya trots with Ellie at her side until ___________.
2. Why is there some concern about the puppy who was Ellie?
3. How does Ellie know that Jakob is a policeman?
4. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
5. Who wants to adopt the dog?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)