|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to adopt the dog?
(a) Ethan's neighbor.
(b) Three children.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Hannah and her children.
2. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
3. After dinner Maya takes Ellie for a walk on a leash. Maya trots with Ellie at her side until ___________.
(a) Maya faints.
(b) Maya turns to go home.
(c) Maya tells her to slow down.
(d) Maya starts huffing.
4. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a month.
5. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(c) Snap at him.
(d) Don't cower.
6. Jakob takes Ellie to a kennel at work where there are two dogs, Gypsy and ______________.
7. Jakob takes Ellie to the park to _________.
(b) Play games.
8. The dog, reverting to his identity as Bailey, tries to jump into Ethan's lap. What does he love about Ethan?
(a) The feel of the old man's hand on his face.
(b) The food Ethan feeds him.
(c) Ethan's voice.
(d) Ethan's smell.
9. Why does the dog eat the food of an old dog named Leo?
(a) The main character does not care about Leo.
(b) Leo is afraid of the main character.
(c) Leo does not want it.
(d) The main character likes Leo's food.
10. In Chapter 18, what does Bailey realize when he wakes up?
(a) He is a puppy again.
(b) He is a golden retriever again.
(c) He is a black lab.
(d) He is a cat.
11. What does the dog think he must do for Ethan?
(a) He must save him.
(b) He must entertain him.
(c) He must please him.
(d) He must help him.
12. Maya and Ellie take a long run which delights Ellie. How does Maya feel?
(d) Pain and sorrow.
13. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
(b) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
(c) He thinks she has made a good decision.
(d) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
14. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She ignores Jakob.
(b) She barks and growls.
(c) She leaps with joy.
(d) She whimpers.
15. Derek says the dog is for whom?
(b) His uncle.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marilyn?
2. How often do Maya and Ellie work?
3. Where does a man put Bailey before he asks her if she can find her way out?
4. The old man peers at him and asks him what?
5. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)