|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of the day a woman comes with a big, ____________ dog.
2. When Jakob is gone during the day , a nice woman named _______________ comes to play with Ellie.
3. Who wants to adopt the dog?
(a) Hannah and her children.
(b) Ethan's neighbor.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Three children.
4. Where does the dog follow Ethan?
(a) To the dog park.
(c) To work.
(d) To the porch.
5. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
(a) He is not allowed in the kitchen.
(b) They do not give him scraps of human food.
(c) He is not allowed in the house.
(d) He isn't allowed to sleep in bed with them.
6. Maya's smell is everywhere, but there is also the __________________ smell of cats.
7. Maya and Ellie take a long run which delights Ellie. How does Maya feel?
(c) Pain and sorrow.
8. How does Jakob respond to what Maya tells him?
(a) He never gave up, even when he had cancer.
(b) His wife who had cancer never gave up.
(c) He thinks she has made a good decision.
(d) He never gave up, even when he was shot.
9. Where is the dog taken?
(a) To a building full of barking dogs.
(b) To a pet shop.
(c) To new home.
(d) To Ethan's old home.
10. What does the puppy wonder?
(a) Who is owner will be.
(b) What his name will be.
(c) All the things he has learned in his different lifetimes.
(d) Where he will live.
11. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He hears another animal.
(b) He smells another dog.
(c) He sees a person.
(d) He knows where he is.
12. Jakob teaches Ellie to drop, which means ____________.
(a) To hide.
(b) To sit.
(c) To roll.
(d) To lie down.
13. Where does a man put Bailey before he asks her if she can find her way out?
(a) A box.
(b) A cage.
(c) His T-shirt.
(d) A dark room.
14. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For a day.
(b) For a week.
(c) For a month.
(d) For several weeks.
15. Ethan tries different names on the dog, and the dog finally responds to what name?
Short Answer Questions
1. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
2. During the next days, Ellie and Maya found two children who had wandered away and a dead man. Maya is _____________ about the dead man than Jakob had been about such things.
3. Jakob takes Ellie to the park to _________.
4. Jakob teaches Ellie to find a person by __________.
5. Why does the woman with the dog who smells of Hannah call out to him?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)