|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few evenings later, Maya pulls up to her house. Why does she say she cannot get out of the car?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is too exhausted.
(d) Her leg is stuck.
2. The puppy's new home reminds her of what place?
(a) Ethan's apartment.
(b) Ethan's house.
(c) The pet store.
(d) The farm.
3. What silly names does the nice woman call Ellie?
(b) Ellie Dog.
(c) Doodle Dog.
(d) Ellie-wellie Cuddle-Coo.
4. Hannah and Ethan sit on the porch with Buddy at their feet feeling utter contentment. What is the only thing he doesn't like?
(a) He is not allowed in the house.
(b) He isn't allowed to sleep in bed with them.
(c) He is not allowed in the kitchen.
(d) They do not give him scraps of human food.
5. Jakob takes Ellie to a kennel at work where there are two dogs, Gypsy and ______________.
6. During the next days, Ellie and Maya found two children who had wandered away and a dead man. Maya is _____________ about the dead man than Jakob had been about such things.
(a) More angry.
(b) More upset.
(c) More calm.
(d) More excited.
7. Where is Ellie expected to sleep?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her dog bed.
(c) Out in her dog house.
(d) On Jakob's bed.
8. The next day Buddy/Bailey finds his way to town by smell and finds what?
(a) A hotdog stand.
(b) A pet store.
(c) The dog park.
(d) A grocery store.
9. Where does a man put Bailey before he asks her if she can find her way out?
(a) A cage.
(b) A box.
(c) His T-shirt.
(d) A dark room.
10. Who is Marilyn?
(a) A woman who had been kidnapped.
(b) An Alzheimer's patient who had disappeared.
(c) A child who had gotten lost in the woods.
(d) A teenager who had run away from home.
11. Why does the dog lift his head with a jolt of surprise, as he drinks water at the river?
(a) He hears another animal.
(b) He sees a person.
(c) He knows where he is.
(d) He smells another dog.
12. A man comes and claps and puts the puppies who__________________ into a box.
(a) Snap at him.
(b) Don't cower.
13. How does Ellie know that Jakob is a policeman?
(a) He wears a badge that says policeman.
(b) He tells her he is a policeman.
(c) He wears dark clothes with a gun in his belt.
(d) He is mean like a policeman.
14. What happens when Ethan is contacted and told the dog was to be adopted?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He becomes angry and says he has changed his mind.
(c) He is very happy.
(d) He is nervous about the dog's future.
15. How does the puppy feel when Victor sets him loose?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels nervous and scared.
(c) He feels happy and free.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jakob takes Ellie to the park to _________.
2. The next morning Maya and Ellie go to work, and Wally is there with a woman named _____________.
3. Derek says the dog is for whom?
4. The puppy is the last one to be adopted by a man named Derek who offers ___________, a low price for a pedigreed black Labrador.
5. Jakob teaches Ellie to drop, which means ____________.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)