|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya asks Wally if they are good enough ___________.
(a) To get work.
(b) To be successful.
(c) To participate in the next search and rescue mission.
(d) To get certified.
2. Maya takes Ellie to Jakob's apartment. How does Ellie react?
(a) She barks and growls.
(b) She whimpers.
(c) She ignores Jakob.
(d) She leaps with joy.
3. How does Ellie know that Jakob is a policeman?
(a) He wears a badge that says policeman.
(b) He wears dark clothes with a gun in his belt.
(c) He is mean like a policeman.
(d) He tells her he is a policeman.
4. What do they want to name him?
5. How does the dog feel at the dog park, when he first arrives?
(b) Anxious to be around so many strangers.
(c) Angry that Ethan is not there.
(d) Jealous of the people and dogs playing together.
6. Why is there some concern about the puppy who was Ellie?
(a) He is very large.
(b) He doesn't have energy and sleeps all the time.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He is excited and running around.
7. How frequently does Ellie start going to work with Jakob?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(d) Every day.
8. What does Maya tell Jakob she is thinking of doing?
(a) Getting certified.
(b) Getting a new dog.
(c) Joining a different K9 unit.
9. Ethan tries different names on the dog, and the dog finally responds to what name?
10. What does the dog think he must do for Ethan?
(a) He must help him.
(b) He must save him.
(c) He must please him.
(d) He must entertain him.
11. What is the dog named?
12. Why does the dog jump into the policeman's truck?
(a) He likes the policeman.
(b) Ethan asks him to.
(c) He wants to get away from Ethan's house.
(d) Ethan forces him into the truck.
13. What silly names does the nice woman call Ellie?
(a) Ellie Dog.
(b) Doodle Dog.
(d) Ellie-wellie Cuddle-Coo.
14. For how long does the main character live in the dog park?
(a) For a day.
(b) For several weeks.
(c) For a month.
(d) For a week.
15. Why does the dog hope to find a town?
(a) He wants a new owner.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He wants food.
(d) He hopes to see Ethan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maya's neighbor Al always doing?
2. The dog has ___________ brothers and sisters.
3. Ellie starts to feel there is something sad inside Jakob that keeps him from _________.
4. Derek says the dog is for whom?
5. Wally says that Ellie is the best dog he's ever seen. Then Maya says that she's too _________.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)